ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
The Cage tank!

flvw53.jpg

What is it?
A Carto-tank, with threaded top cap and changeable "sleeves". Especially designed to take the Sophia (a Carto-RBA with juice control). It can be top filled while attached to a mod.

Materials:
22mm in diameter, 35mm in length with a GE Quartz Glass Tank. This is a Fused Quartz tube of Grade 214LD and offers superior heat and impact resistance. The stainless steel used is SS Grade 304L, while the brass is lead free EnviroBrass.

2yvp442.jpg

Design, Fit & Finish:
The exterior is all threaded, thus negating chance dislodging of any section/s of the Cage Tank. The glass tank is held by O-rings at each end - but is encased with a metal sleeve, which is threaded at both ends. Machining is top notch, threads are smooth and everything sits perfectly. Huh, the Sophia red O-ring (one of the best for carto-tanks) has already been placed, stock, on the top cap! As such, placing a Carto / Sophia / Diver v2 is a breeze with the Cage.

2mrblaq.jpg

The glass tank edges are "flame roll' polished and thus come smooth and devoid of any imperfection/s.

2uiewiv.jpg

Assembly / Disassembly:

2nrm3o3.jpg

213lr3r.jpg

TIP: Before assembly it is wise to lubricate the O-rings. It helps in neatly tightening each component and is especially useful while dismantling later, as well as to easily glide thru the Carto / Sophia / Diver v2. I use a bit of vaseline as a standard practice, you may like to use a drop of e-liquid instead.

dpvh29.jpg

Filling the Cage:
It can’t be any simpler than this. Tighten the juice control, unthread the top cap and pour happily into it without fear of a/ny leakage! The same can be done with a Carto / Diver v2 as well (for cases where there isn’t any juice control to "close”). Just push the Carto downwards (or lift the tank a bit, if it’s on a mod) so than the juice slots are out thru the bottom of the Cage ~ and fill it.

1zzp5hs.jpg

Now, this is my way of doing the above. If I were to use a Carto or Diver v2, I’d simply use the Cage upside down. Which means, the top cap would be the 510 end. And I’d just remove the Cage from the mod, unscrew the cap and fill up. No flooding issues here since the juice slots of the Carto / Diver v2 will now be upwards.

r1ecg0.jpg

Changeable the Sleeves:
With Cage, the glass tank remains intact, in position, while changing the sleeve/s. Even if it’s a tank full of juice ~ No Problems! Unscrew the top cap, unscrew the sleeve, replace it with another and Voila!

2q3as8x.jpg

NOTE: Cage come in two models ~ The (1)Regular Cage and the (2)Vortex Cage Tank (links below). Both can be purchased in either “polished” (Gloss) or ‘matte” (Satin) finish. In the regular model there’s also a (3)Brass version, which only comes in polished tho. Mine’s pictured are all in polished finish.

How do I look?

u2bvd.jpg

dh8j86.jpg

24bt1dy.jpg

BOTTOMLINE:
This is a sweet tank! I especially like the two-tone finish while using a brass sleeve. The ease of ‘wide-open’ filling without port holes (ala Kayfun4) is a treat. The sleeves are easy to change even while on the move (who does it, but anyway!). The six grooves on the top cap besides adding to the finesse is pretty useful while unscrewing the cap. The glass is thick walled and strong. The edges, including those of the metal sections, are smoothened. Overall the Cage looks very classy ~ a job very well done By Leo!

WHERE:
1. Regular Cage: The Cage Tank v2 - By Leo
2. Vortex Cage: The Vortex-Cage tank - By Leo

Reactions: mansis

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I like the thinking on turning it upside down to make it bottom filling. Can you show us a pic of it setup that way. The writing will be on top ?

Next question. Can you get the tank without the engraving.

Here you go Kris. Two for you :)

Cage Tank Upside Down shots!

dgpq9.jpg

2ia8igl.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Looks nice. I just haven't used a carto tank in almost 2 years.

Thanks.

Couple of mine's are always in rotation tho I don't use Cartos myself. Left that train in a month during my initial days. However, I've always used a Carto-RBA (aka Killer705, Diver v2, Sophia) since they were introduced, purchased each on their launch - and enjoy each very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread