Status
Not open for further replies.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
Please add knurling to the dial button, would make adjusting much easier. Also inclose a basic instruction, ie turn it clockwise to turn up the wattage...be nice to know that. One last complaint, why in the world didn't you make the base match the diameter of the curves top cap and make it a flush fit...would have looked 1000% better.

On the upside it does work very well , the finish is well done and matches the curve very nicely ( I have the stainless version).

I will say it makes for a very long mod when used on the curve

curvecan_zpsf3e6c6e9.jpg

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Ok Fair enough...The knurling was considered and made it look kinda ugly. We didnt think it was that hard to turn and didn't want it to turn too easily so it wouldn't be easily josseled.
If you turn your dial all the way to the Left (coutner clockwise) and you picture it at 7 O clock (lowest setting) 5 watts, and turn it (clockwise) all the way up is 5 O clock is the highest which is 12 watts.

The Can was originally just round and was given the Hour Glass figure as an afterthought to match The Curve.
It can be used with other mods also and some mechanical mods use the Top Button so we didnt want to risk shorting out the case against the body of the Mod. We also had a design that the caps on The Can matched the Curve EXACTLY but it added a half inch to the design. The inside of the press-fit caps are milled out for space.
I will admit its long when running a tank system, but in comparison with some of the other mechanical mods on the market, its not so bad. Also when taken into consideration the total circumference and legth if you stand it up next to a Mod like The Telsa or New LavaTube with a tank on them its only an inch (or less) longer.
That being said this has an Evolv DNA board in it that delivers Power Regulation that is unmatched in the industry. It has been copied but never duplicated. This true Power Regulation NOT VV or VW RMS... One has to really use them to see/feel the difference.
I hope this didnt sound snarky...I get a little frustrated with my explanations sometimes.
I don't want you to think I don't appreciate your feedback.
Thanks for your patronage.
Drew

Last edited:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
What is the difference between the functionality of the Curve versus the Kick aside from the obvious difference of being able to adjust voltage without having to pull out the Kick and adjust it with a screwdriver? I assume there must be difference since the Curve is considerably larger than what one would think would be needed to house the Kick. My apologies if this is a dumb question. The Curve/Can is my first experience with a mechanical so it's highly probable I've missed something glaringly obvious.

Also, would it be possible to fit an oval-shaped button on the brass post used to change the watts on the Can? I agree that knurling would not look very nice but it is hard to change watts with the current design. If it's practical to manufacture that way I would think the oval would make it easier to turn but the curved shape of the oval would help make it more difficult to change accidentally.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
These are good questions that I will surely look into with the dial. I honestly didn't think the dial was that hard, but it may not be the same for everyone.

As far as he difference in Kick and The Can, the board in the Can is goes to 12 watts and the circuitry architecture has been updated to handle MORE power MORE eficiently.
So the user will experience longer battery performance with higher watt settings. Thanks,
Drew

Last edited:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Got my can and I love it. I don't have a curve (which doesn't mean I won't...) but I slapped it on a $20 UDT-L and a more than $20 dollar Gus Telescopic and it works great. I liked the idea of a kick but I never used mine, I like to fiddle and also don't always have a small screw driver on me to adjust so this is perfect.

Good job on this and you can't beat the build quality for 66 bucks.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Got my can and I love it. I don't have a curve (which doesn't mean I won't...) but I slapped it on a $20 UDT-L and a more than $20 dollar Gus Telescopic and it works great. I liked the idea of a kick but I never used mine, I like to fiddle and also don't always have a small screw driver on me to adjust so this is perfect.

Good job on this and you can't beat the build quality for 66 bucks.

Thanks...Glad you like it!

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
OMG you did not just type that???? That is good stuff right there andel and I hope all is well with you

Haha, Ski you haven't changed, where have you been. Everything is well with me, hope its the same for you.
My computer came apart so had to go buy another after 8 years of having my Apple computer. I tell you those people at Apple are making a fortune off us people.

Mortificant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
United States
So is there a display on the can to tell how many watts you have it set to? I know how the Kick works, and I'm kind of on the fence with buying a regular curve + can setup. A video or any references would be nice, been looking around but haven't seen anything on those noobish specifics I'm looking for.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
There is NO indicator...I have been meaning to do a video so perhaps I can get one up today....All the way to the left (counter clockwise) is 5 watts and the imaginary pointer would be at 7 O'clock. Then all the way to the right (Clockwise) is 12 watts and the imaginary pointer would be at 5 O'clock. I will put a video up today to illustrate. Thanks,
Drew

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread