The CHUCK Tailcap Loaner Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebat1

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
You can tailpipe any PV.

This thread is about the tailcap -- the end piece that screws on and holds the batteries in place. New ones have vent holes in the middle. For people with older ones, they are circulating 5 vented tailcaps. While someone is using one of the loaners, he/she can send Jeff their unvented one for the addition of a hole.

Thanks so much for explaining.. So all the new ones will have the holes is that correct? Nice of him to have the loaner parts huh?

Is the hole needed for the change of the carts I take it??or just a improvement made from using the chuck?

thanks again for the help.. (LOL I think I need to know everything..LOL):blush:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
The tail cap is at the bottom. The carts are at the top.

Buy protected, rechargeable batteries and the vent hole will not matter to you. But, just in case your batteries do go into hyperdrive, the gases will escape via the paths of least resistance. Therefore, most of the force of the gases will dissipate through the hole in the bottom. Some will escape through the hole where the button is. Therefore the remaining gas will not have enough strength to turn your atomizer/cartomizer/whatever into a projectile aiming at your face.

thebat1

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
The tail cap is at the bottom. The carts are at the top.

Buy protected, rechargeable batteries and the vent hole will not matter to you. But, just in case your batteries do go into hyperdrive, the gases will escape via the paths of least resistance. Therefore, most of the force of the gases will dissipate through the hole in the bottom. Some will escape through the hole where the button is. Therefore the remaining gas will not have enough strength to turn your atomizer/cartomizer/whatever into a projectile aiming at your face.
OH MY../ ok thanks good to know...:?:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
The only time it's happened with a Chuck was when someone accidentally recharged non-rechargeable batteries. But that's when Jeff decided to add the vent hole anyway.

If you search the forum, there are a few threads about some Li-ion batteries going boom. I think that 100% of the time they were unprotected batteries. IMR (aka LiMN) and LiFePo4 batteries use a safer technology than Li-ion batteries do. Their protection is in their chemistry. Li-ion batteries can have protection built in (see the stickied thread on batteries.) The ones with none of the above aren't a good idea even if you will save $2 a battery.

foebea

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
ohio
1. ScaGin - shipped 3-10-10
2. Becee - shipped 3-10-10
3. Rimp - shipped 3-10-10
4. TheWomenFolk - shipped 3-10-10
5. Shelbee6478 - shipped 3-10-10
6. DahDahDan – Shipped 3/26/10 from ScaGin Cap #1
7. DawgCrazy - Shipped 3/19/10 from beecee cap #2
8. Redgirl - shipped to camprman 4/27
9. Mycide - shipped from Mia 5/6/10
10. yanrox - shipped 4/28/10 dahdahdan
11. MercyPoetic - no response
12. Mia - shipped from Dawgcrazy 4/13/10
13. Camprman - shipped from redgirl 4/27
14. bikergirl1908 - shipped from Rimp 4/29
15. andel11 - shipped from Mycide 6/10/10
16. foebea - shipped from bikergirl1908 6/12/10
17. sbphotog - shipped from foebea 12/6/10
18. Chiqa

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
I've a loaner cap currently. I just stamped up an envelope. Sorry for my horrid delay, have been in and out of hospital every week or two since may. It's really screwed with my mental state and I'm losing track of things like this. Send me a pm with your address and it's in the mail to you the same day.
its been like what- 3 months
just stamped up the envelope that was ready to ship back then
or do you remember posting that

:facepalm:

sorry but flaky ppl piss me off and is exactly why he only put out 5 caps to begin with
ppl don't follow through or go "missing" and suddenly they've been in the hospital or in an accident

jeffakamax

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
USA
www.ThagBuilt.com
No tailcaps ever came home, and I could care less.

FYI, anyone who may need a cap vented, feel free to send it in and I will take care of it free of charge. If you could cover return postage, that would be great. If the return postage might change the quality of lifestyle that you have become accustomed to... I will cover it.

That was sarcasm for those unfamiliar with it.

I need a Slurpee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread