Status
Not open for further replies.

gemini2281

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
And here I thought I was the only person left that loved that flavor!

Two of my favorite drinks are Sarsaparilla Tea and Sassafras Tea. I also make a Sarsaparilla/Sassafras infusion that is delicious with a bit of sugar and served over ice.

Every year in the late winter and very early spring I go into the hills and dig up a bunch of Sassafras root. I get enough to last all year. And a friend of mine who has family in Honduras has them send me Sarsaparilla leaves and roots a couple times a year.

It is lovely stuff.

gemini2281

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Walnut Ridge, Arkansas
Oh that sounds really delicious. There is nothing that can compare with making the real thing. And now I am thirsty!

I completely agree. My uncle took me digging for Sassafras for the first time when I was about 4. We've done it every year since. The roles reversed as he got older though. Now I'm the one doing all the digging. haha

violetvoo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Down the rabbit hole..
Two of my favorite drinks are Sarsaparilla Tea and Sassafras Tea. I also make a Sarsaparilla/Sassafras infusion that is delicious with a bit of sugar and served over ice.

Every year in the late winter and very early spring I go into the hills and dig up a bunch of Sassafras root. I get enough to last all year. And a friend of mine who has family in Honduras has them send me Sarsaparilla leaves and roots a couple times a year.

It is lovely stuff.

I love sassafras tea too but it doesn't grow here and can't buy it anywhere.....:(

btw..sarsaparilla juice from Copper Creek is really yum...:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread