The Darwin From Evolv!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
OMG would love to see some kind of upgrade for the Darwin body, hopefully it would include a new switch design as well!

Anyone in here using something like the Kanger Mini Protank 2 on a Darwin and care to share some pics, or a link to some?

I know it's not all that practical, but is anyone using larger tanks like the full size Protank 2 on a Darwin?
What kind of adapters do you use and what does it look like/.

Also can anyone recommend a good place to get quality 510 adapters that don't get stripped out in a couple weeks of use, and maybe at different lengths?

Last edited:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I've used a lot of bigger stuff (carto tank size or a little larger) on Darwin. Some things that are particularly heavy (Odysseus, etc) can make it a little unweildy. I just use the standard length sealed 510-510 adapters that Drew sells, I leave one right in place all the time and change it out every 4-6 months. Sooner if the threads start to get a little sloppy, but that time frame has been pretty solid for my use over the 2.5 years or so that I've had it, most of which time it was a daily carry device for me.

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
Hmmm ... I've been pondering whether to send mine in for a tune-up and maybe a battery replacement, if they think it needs it. But the idea of an upgrade is intriguing.

Actually, not all that much. Sure, it'd be nice to get a few more watts out of it, but it's been enough all this time.
The only real weakness I've experienced in the Darwin is the current sensing tends to go kaput in the face of any kind of short. Sure it's rare enough, but when it happens it'd be nice if it just reset itself instead of having to be sent in.
And it would be nice to have the option for more a few more millimeters offset on the arm for more options to fold and close.

So, OK, yeah ... I'm interested in seeing what they come up with. And what it costs.

jameth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Southern Utah
Am I the only one who has had the switch on my darwin fail 5+ times?

I ended up just fixing it myself the last 4 ttimes, and while its not as pretty, it is more durable with my latest fix.

I would be ecstatic if there was a further offset arm, and a new switch design, your right about the watts though, really never needed to go to the max of the original Darwin anyways.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Am I the only one who has had the switch on my darwin fail 5+ times?

I ended up just fixing it myself the last 4 ttimes, and while its not as pretty, it is more durable with my latest fix.

I would be ecstatic if there was a further offset arm, and a new switch design, your right about the watts though, really never needed to go to the max of the original Darwin anyways.

2.5 years of Darwin use here and never an issue with my switch (knocks on wood)....agree that an extension for the arm would be nice but I'm not complaining......still my favorite mod overall even though I have several tanked stealthy dna20d mods......the Darwin stays as my at-home tanked even tho the arm won't close with the tank seated.....no biggy......and 10 watts is too much for me so the 20d is overkill for my needs.... he-he....

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Still dying to know about this rumored "Darwin 2" or replacement guts for Darwin body's!

Any infos?

All I heard was (paraphrased): Wait a few weeks on refurbishing your Darwin...there 'may' be something special coming.

It wasn't worded as a promise...more like hint of hope that there is a plan in motion.

I'm crossing my fingers the plan works out :)

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Recently came across this:
Quote:
He then pressed me to learn how I found out about the new board. You see, there are pillars in our community that have grown so used to how things were in the early formation of the community that they can be blindsided by the way things are today. Such as, how a wise-... blogger from Jersey sleuths out secrets and breaks them as news to the keenly interested vaping masses. This community isn't static; it's an ever shifting, 'evolving' thing (pun intended) and VaporJoes is on the bleeding edge of it. Brandon understands this now. And as you'll see as you read on, he'll be leading the old pioneers into an age of cooperation that will move information to the masses quicker. It's good for everyone; a win--win--win situation.

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
There was no modder with a DNA30 prototype at Vapercon shown right under everyone’s nose as VaporJoes said there was. And there is no mod system that goes with the DNA30. Zen’s mod that he introduced at Vapercon is a DNA20D, not a DNA30 as VaporJoes hinted at. The mod maker, the mod system, and that VaporJoes promised Brandon that he wouldn’t tell who the mod maker was stuff that VaporJoes made up.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Recently came across this link courtesy of the The Ocelot here on ECF:
Quote:
He then pressed me to learn how I found out about the new board. You see, there are pillars in our community that have grown so used to how things were in the early formation of the community that they can be blindsided by the way things are today. Such as, how a wise-... blogger from Jersey sleuths out secrets and breaks them as news to the keenly interested vaping masses. This community isn't static; it's an ever shifting, 'evolving' thing (pun intended) and VaporJoes is on the bleeding edge of it. Brandon understands this now. And as you'll see as you read on, he'll be leading the old pioneers into an age of cooperation that will move information to the masses quicker. It's good for everyone; a win--win--win situation.

The red part is ALL BS!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread