The Drop Rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Ok Dizzy, I have my first Sqonk in pre-order so educate me about that pin.

I know what the pin is for, referring to slotted comment.

Please.
dizzy? that's a new one, fuzzy is the most common mis-spelling of my handle.

A flat head slotted squonk pin is likely to have juice squirt out the sides on to the top of the 510 connector then down in to your mod (and eff up the electronics, etc) unlike a hex/grub screw pin that would hold the juice sealed in between the bottle and rda.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
So can that been be swapped, or is the RDA a pass for sqonking?

Sorry to ask. I can search if need be. I gotta look and see what my Dead Rabbit and clone have now.
I don't own a squonker yet, no idea if another 510 squonk pin with similar height but non-slotted head can be found and used in it's place but anything is possible.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
So can that been be swapped, or is the RDA a pass for sqonking?

Sorry to ask. I can search if need be. I gotta look and see what my Dead Rabbit and clone have now.

If the pin is M2.5 or M3 you can pick up BF pins at Fat Daddy Vapes. You'll have to cut it to length but I use them and so far I haven't had a RDA where one of them didn't fit.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Yeah, it looks like a really well thought out RDA/RSA other than the slotted squonk pin.

Ok Dizzy, I have my first Sqonk in pre-order so educate me about that pin.

I know what the pin is for, referring to slotted comment.

Please.

dizzy? that's a new one, fuzzy is the most common mis-spelling of my handle.

A flat head slotted squonk pin is likely to have juice squirt out the sides on to the top of the 510 connector then down in to your mod (and eff up the electronics, etc) unlike a hex/grub screw pin that would hold the juice sealed in between the bottle and rda.

If the pin is M2.5 or M3 you can pick up BF pins at Fat Daddy Vapes. You'll have to cut it to length but I use them and so far I haven't had a RDA where one of them didn't fit.

I'm not a fan of the slotted pin either.
But I kinda like the elevated pin to allow some juice to stay in the well.
Seems to be a touchy subject with some squonkers but to me allows a couple more hits per squonk.

From the YT comments:

Hex head squonk pin would have been better than flat head design. I'm still getting one though.

The Vapor Chronicles
It is already HEX in the retail version.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I've never had issues with a cross slotted pin.
    When we first started modding attys to bottom feed, we would drive out the press fit pin, and use a dremmel to put a groove in the side of the pin. (or cut the insulator)
    The 510 threading does the sealing. If there is any leaking, you can put a drip tip size o-ring over the addy 510.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2017
    Charlottesville, Virginia
    Where did you place your orders?
    Might risk ft for the capo and wait on the slow boat to save a little.
    Cloudy vapor or Vaporl

Cloudy has free shipping on the Drop

Vaporl for the Capo, but they say end of month. Cheapest price for Capo I found.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread