Status
Not open for further replies.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Could go either way. The gas station E-Cig was what got me to thinking that MAYBE vaping was for me. Enough so that I upgraded to a better model, and I'm quite happy so far.

I did the same thing! Bought a crappy disposable on a whim at a gas station over 1 year ago. Did it suck?? Yes compared to what I have now but it did get me to realize that I puffed that thing all night and did not have a single cig. I went back and bought three more to see if I could go a full day without smoking. Then started to do research. Found ECF and a new hobby!!!!

couch magnet

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
california
Hi laura, I to first started my first e cig with a disposable e cig from the smoke shop, wanted to try it and see if it was for me. After opening it i noticed a slippery substance on my fingers quickly wiped it off and realized the e juice was leaking on my fingers out of the e cig. But that didnt stop me i was determined to try it out. So i wiped it off and also wiped off some juice that was around the mouthpiece let it sit for a minute and gave it a shot. First drag was good and after a couple drags i noticed some small amounts of fluid was gettin in my mouth oh well the overall experience was enjoyable for me so i bought a big starter kit. the taste in my starter kit of e cig juice was much more desireable than the e juice in the disposeable and my new e cigs did not leak hooray!! I havent used a regular cig in a month and my lungs feel better and i can breath deeper, i really like my new e cig and it almost feels like im cheating and not depriving myself. Good luck on quiting whatever road you choose.:2cool:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
My first try at vaping was an Apollo disposable. Great disposable PV!! I loved it. If you really want to try a good disposable, try that one.

But, like I said, for $10 you can get an ego. I'm still using my ego going on 7 months. But you do need to buy cartomizers and juice. Probably with 30 ml of juice, around $60-$70 with shipping and everything.

If you don't want to commit to a kit, try the Apollo. I think it's around $10.

juicycrystal

Aug 3, 2011
Idaho
Could go either way. The gas station E-Cig was what got me to thinking that MAYBE vaping was for me. Enough so that I upgraded to a better model, and I'm quite happy so far.

this is what happened w/ me also. i bought a starter kit from the gas station, fell in love with vaping, and upgraded to a Volt 2 weeks later. :)

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Hi laura, I to first started my first e cig with a disposable e cig from the smoke shop, wanted to try it and see if it was for me. After opening it i noticed a slippery substance on my fingers quickly wiped it off and realized the e juice was leaking on my fingers out of the e cig. But that didnt stop me i was determined to try it out. So i wiped it off and also wiped off some juice that was around the mouthpiece let it sit for a minute and gave it a shot. First drag was good and after a couple drags i noticed some small amounts of fluid was gettin in my mouth oh well the overall experience was enjoyable for me so i bought a big starter kit. the taste in my starter kit of e cig juice was much more desireable than the e juice in the disposeable and my new e cigs did not leak hooray!! I havent used a regular cig in a month and my lungs feel better and i can breath deeper, i really like my new e cig and it almost feels like im cheating and not depriving myself. Good luck on quiting whatever road you choose.:2cool:

Wow, good for you!!

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Just don't judge the final result off of a gas station model.

Rule of Thumb: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

Totally agree. The issue I had when I started (as I expect most do from the various posts) is that I was driven by the "needs to look like a cig" issue. So yes performance blows on those types and batt life is terrible and I could have saved $$$$$$$$ but it did help with the transition for me. I went from POS disposale to POS makers two piece rn4081 with auto batts, to 510 auto to 510 manual. Then -----oh well the MOD bug hit and the spending continues :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread