The E-Pipe Juice Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai kane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Near da water ...
If you ever get a chance to look at Hon Lik's original US PV patent (circa 2006) I think you'll be amazed at all the stuff he originally thought of. LCD displays, peristaltic pumps, piezo droplet injection.. all kinds of stuff.

The first offerings that we have to deal with right now are pretty simplistic, but he certainly envisioned some stuff that was a lot more complicated.

Yeah, I was going to post some of the piezo stuff tonight on another thread - pretty interesting -and HP's inkjet tech is open source/public domain. I've got some vid links I'll post too.

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Brough East Yorkshire, UK
Hi All
Just a few pictures of the juice fed atty mod I'm working on.

A quick run-down of the build so far.
The atty battery connector was fixed in place with slow cure epoxy then I
encased it with polyester paste the battery had masking tape on to stop it
sticking. Polyester paste is better known as "car body filler".
Sanded and shaped it so the lid would fit and coloured it black.
The push switch is 6Amp @ 12v the main on-off switch is rated 500ma @ 125v so it should take the load (It is hidden by the tube from the bottle).
The bottle will hold 7.5ml of liquid.
The battery is an 18650 3000ma, the space in the mod is limited "to say the least" so i will be not using wires to run power from one side of the case to another. Instead I will be using copper tape, I have done a load test and no heat was produced when 1500ma is drawn through it. And it solders really well.

You may notice that the bottle has no screw top, It will but has yet to be made, as the propriety screw top was too large. but as is the bottle does not leak.
You can also see that it fits really well in the palm of my hand.
Still lots to do but have to go away for 3 days. (WORK STOPS PLAY).

Back Soon
Cheers
Peter.

Attachments

• IMG_5076.jpg
    IMG_5076.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_5078.jpg
    IMG_5078.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_5080.jpg
    IMG_5080.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_5081.jpg
    IMG_5081.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 158

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Well done Petercro!

My next mod (if I ever finish my current one!) will be my first juice bottle mod. I'd appreciate any info you'd care to share about the tube-batt/atty connection. Did you do anything to overfilling? I know some people have posted about having any excess drain back to the bottle but I have no idea how to accomplish that.

I too am building my first mod with a juice bottle, I must say this concept is pretty cool. I like the way you have the juice enter the atty, seems like it may work a lot better than my set up. Already made my first one and while it works, I learned a lot from many small mistakes and am going directly to my second one, this time to make it right. Already got all my parts in so I should have it done in the next day or two.

I am very interested in this concept, biggest thing being controlling the excess liquid from flooding the atty while still letting it breath.

Well done Petercro!

Did you do anything to overfilling? I know some people have posted about having any excess drain back to the bottle but I have no idea how to accomplish that.

He is having the bottle squeeze juice into the atty, then when he stops squeezing and releases the juice bottle the suction pulls the juice back in through the same tube. Pretty clever really.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
He is having the bottle squeeze juice into the atty, then when he stops squeezing and releases the juice bottle the suction pulls the juice back in through the same tube. Pretty clever really.

I think he independently figured out the same way Carlos has handled it. Smart frickin' guy...

And how does it vape? It looks like it'd be a lot easier to vape than the fabled juice box...easier to hold in the hand and such.

Last edited:

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Petercro,

Sorry to bug you with yet more questions but here goes....

1. Is the liquid coming in from the bottom? If so, did you use a needle or tubing or ____? What size?
2. What connector are you using? I'd like to try building one (using a 901 connector) but don't know if/how to come up the bottom.

Thanks and great work!

Modders - inspiring the rest of us to overstep our skills!

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Hi All (I'm home again).
To answer the questions in order.

Q Does the atty screw in, so it can be replaced?
A Yes

Q And can you give us the spec on the copper tape you are using?
A I will dig out the spec and supplier and post the details.

Q Atty Flooding
A Answered by MrPuff post no 67 (Thanks MrPuff).

Q Is the liquid coming in from the bottom? If so, did you use a needle or tubing or ____? What size?
A Thanks Clyde post no 70 The liquid is coming from the bottom a 1/16th brass tube is soldered in the battery connector.
Be carefull though the 1/16th tube is too tight to slide in the atty's base hole.
it MUST be filed to reduce its thickness. I put a small piece in a cordless drill and used it as a lathe.

Q What connector are you using? I'd like to try building one (using a 901 connector) but don't know if/how to come up the bottom.
A My knowledge base is very limited as i only started vaping just over a month ago the only kit I have access to is my super mini RN4081.
I you point me in the right direction of a 901 spec diagram. I'm sure working together we could come up with a working solution.

Q How much did it cost to put this one together?
A To tell the truth I could not tell you, but you could probably work it out.
mod box, battery connector, push switch, main switch, bottle,brass tube, rubber tube, glue, polyester paste, solder. But time is the most costly.

I will be working on the mod tonight, so new pics will be forthcoming.

Cheer
Peter............

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Petercro,

Thanks for the answers and great thread! My next one will be some sort of juice mod (if I ever finish my current 5v attempt).

I went ahead and picked up the 1/16" pipe and I already have all the other components except for the tubing. Did you use some tubing from inside a bottle or buy other stuff? Can this tubing be bought at Walgreens? Home Depot? Any place locally? Or do I need to order it online?

Thanks and keep the posts coming!!!

cmdryker

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
St. Louis, Mo
www.crystalclearvaping.com
Increasing the voltage on the 4081 atty, I'm sure would reduce its life.
But I read a recommendation on LibertyFlights uk, Ref the Copper using the RN4081 atty!

I have been vaping 24mg Hilton in my 4081 supermini for 2 weeks or so, nice and smooth, but in the 4.8v mod it is mindblowingly strong.
I Do like the higher voltage vaping!!!!!

Peter

Where can i find the 4.8v mod for the rn4081,,,that sounds like a sweet mod there,,, cause i love the 3.7, but 4.8 would get me off.:rolleyes: lol

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Just done a little more work.
Sorry for the soldering, even with the microscope I'm still rubbish at it....
m1.jpg

You can clearly see the copper tape it's 12.7mm width from 3M.
It's designed as antistatic shielding.
It has an Acrylic, Conductive adhesive. with a resistance of around 0.02
Where the current is high I kept it full width, where the current is only required
to run the LED I reduced the width.
m2.jpg

On the above image You can see the LED also I used a blob of solder as the -ve battery connector. Speaking to my brother an electronics engineer, the forward voltage is 3.5v so I can get away without using a resistor on this 3.7v mod.

m4.jpg

Still have to fashion a screw bottle top and hope the neo mags work well for the lid.
Also re-attach the liquid feed tube to the battery connector.
Plus an internal cleanup.

Last Picture. (I do like Blue).
m3.jpg

Peter.......

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Sweet, that's a LOT of stuff crammed into a small space! Very well done! I've gotta try some of that tape, there's times where that would be ideal!

Keep it up Petercro! Phenominal, inspiring work! (oh and you think you're soldering looks bad? You haven't seen mine! In my life I've soldered a total of ~15 wires and someday I'm hoping I can get mine to look like yours!)

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Now I understand that the liquid fed atty is the only way to go.
80 70 mph on the motorway today and direct dripping is not the cleverest thing I have ever done. (Must make mods quicker).

I have decided to make these two mods and go back to the box mod's drawing board.
I think the use of google's sketchup may help getting the parts in the box more
efficiently, also grinding the tip of my soldering iron to a smaller size.
I really do like the UPAC pump bottle but its still a little large.
And it sticking out of the mod isn't my cup of tea!
But the idea is sound and I think it is well worth exploring.
Kudos to MoonMan.
There has been some great post's on this thread and I would like to thank everyone for joining in!
Please keep them coming as the more we communicate the better, smaller, neater, and more efficient the mods will become.

And please please DON'T Drip and Drive.

Peter............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread