The E-Pipe Juice Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Brough East Yorkshire, UK
This morning I thought of a better way to fit all the kit in the 2.75 x 2 x 1 inch modbox.
If you look at the original mod box you will notice that the screw holes take
nearly 8mm off the internal width and another 8mm off the internal height.
Now Carlos utilized them for the magnets. A great idea if you are required to
open the box at regular intervals.
But a 3000ma 18650 and 7.5ml of liquid, I would hope that I would not have to open the box for at least 3 days.
Also if the mod were dropped, I could see the guts spilling out.
So a new method had to be found.
I came up with a solution, Its not ideal, but not bad either.
Which freed up all that extra room in the mod box.
With the use of the copper tape and an internal redesign.
I give you
THE MINI
m1-1-d.jpg

The screw is easy to undo with your fingernail.
I don't have the decal yet but I think it looks ok. Comments Please.

I Said that I like blue.
m2-1.jpg

m3-1.jpg

m4-1.jpg

There is a small piece of plastic glued to the box between the bottle and the battery.
To hold both in place.
m5-1.jpg

You can see that now there is plenty of room for a proprietary screw bottle cap.
Just a few touches to complete.
4 hours start to finish (including epoxy drying time).

If I had the parts I could have build several in the same time.

Hmmmm

Petercro

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
MrPuff
It's not a bigger box, just more room in the same size. (Should of called it the Tardis).
As for vaping. I can only compare it to the 4081 supermini.
And if the supermini vaped at 100% then the MINI vape 1. vapes at around 160%.
I think this is due to a manual switch and the 18650.
But to tell the truth if it vaped the same I would still be happy because not having to refill the cart or drip or recharge the battery several times a day, is the only way to go.
I've seen your new mod/thread. Very well built.
I give Darchand a link on his thread (New pipe design) to a UK supplier of very small
plastic test tubes. May help with your bottle problem.
Cheers
Petercro

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
A square bottle would hold a great deal more liquid within a small area.
QUOTE]

In my search for a small bottle I ran across some square ones (IIRC they only came in glass tho?). I originally was thinking of cutting some of the height out of a hand sanitizer bottle and then gluing the top & bottom pieces together. Now I'm thinking I might just take and cut the top threads off a bottle and mate it to a homemade square bottle. I'm headed to the hobby store tomorrow so hopefully I'll find some sort of clear plastic to use for the bottle.

I also am going to pick up some textured plastic (fish scales maybe....?) to use for the grip part of my "box". I have a can of spray plasti-dip but haven't tried it yet - hoping if I spray the textured plastic I'll get a nice rubberized, non-slip textured finish. Anyone have any experience/tips with spray rubber?

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
I have (yet more) silly questions:

That copper tape - Is there any problems with soldering to it and melting/deforming the plastic box? Is there a non-conductive coating on the back? So could you run power & ground (say the 2 pieces are running perpendicular) one over the top of the other, and not have a short?

There's copper tape and there's also aluminum tape. Pros/cons of them? Should I be looking for one or the other or both or neither or.... Geez Mike, quit with all the questions!!!

I'm gonna try to get some tomorrow so maybe I'll be able to figure it out once I have it to play with but thought I'd ask (in case I can't find it, or am too lazy to test it myself!)

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
The copper tape has an acrylic conductive glue on the back.
The glue has a very low resistance of about 0.02 Ohms
So laying on piece on top of each other makes a good circuit.
I would guess that aluminum tape has a higher resistance than copper.
Reducing current an producing heat. (Just guessing though).
Maybe if you use electrical insolation tape as the center of a copper tape sandwich.
You could run a low format perpendicular circuit.
For me I like the idea of laying out the copper tape as a printed circuit board.
I might try a transparent mod one day.

Hope this helps
Petercro..............

Thanks I will check out that place for sure, if I can make a bottle easily removable, hold more, and fit better my lil mod will be perfect for me.

And I agree if it vapes just as well as a normal ecig but has 7ml of juice and a better battery its all win.:D Since yours vapes a bit better than standard its even better.
MrPuff
It's not a bigger box, just more room in the same size. (Should of called it the Tardis).
As for vaping. I can only compare it to the 4081 supermini.
And if the supermini vaped at 100% then the MINI vape 1. vapes at around 160%.
I think this is due to a manual switch and the 18650.
But to tell the truth if it vaped the same I would still be happy because not having to refill the cart or drip or recharge the battery several times a day, is the only way to go.
I've seen your new mod/thread. Very well built.
I give Darchand a link on his thread (New pipe design) to a UK supplier of very small
plastic test tubes. May help with your bottle problem.
Cheers
Petercro

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
MoonMan
Does the tape serve any purpose other than saving space? Why not just use wires?
The copper tape is just a space saving device. Wires in the mod I was building had to go
under the battery, which give me too little room on top, since the tape is easy to use,
conducts well, can handle the current and I get it for free. It is the perfect choice.

Clyde
I would love to call it the Tardis, although I think the DR would be slightly peeved.

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
No sound an poor quality. Recorded on my sons acer ubuntu netbook.
But you should get the idea.
This is the first of the two I have build.
You can see the magnets sticking out of the lid.
I still have to cut and file them off.
The magnets are 2mm X 10mm. 4 are glued in the box and 4 in the lid.
Got them from ebay ages ago. I knew they would come in handy.
I don't get tons of vapor but the throat hit is good and the flavour is very good.
Never seem to get lots of vapor with supermini using PG.

watch

I may look like a grumpy old fart, but such is life.
Had to put a mask on as Elrond should not vape at his age........!

Petercro

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I liked the little nod of your head towards the end of the video after you exhaled the last puff of vapor....it was as if you were saying, 'uh-huh. yep.'.:D

And the Tenth Doctor didn't mind the balloon being called the Tardis in "The Next Doctor". Matter of fact, he was slightly amused. So there. ;)

And I'll take throat hit and flavor over clouds of vapor any day. Vapor is nice for making impressive looking videos and showing the capabilities of an ecig; you know, showing off. But these days I'm spending less and less time vaping in smoking areas and more discreetly doing it in non-smoking areas. Having something that gives me the feeling of smoking, and the taste of whatever I'm vaping without an intense cloud would be a benefit.

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
You mentioned in an earlier post that the design may disembowel some attys. I presume it uses the rn4801 (super e-cig) attys from totally wicked, right?

Your next mod WILL be in a metal container and be called the 'Dalek', right? Maybe the cyberman?

Last edited:

Silverthorn181

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
ɹǝpun uʍop
Hi petercro,

Have you had a look at a look at a Kr808 Cartomizer for this. You can't flood it no matter what you do and you wouldn't need the tube either as the Cartomizer is female and you would be delivering the yumjuice straight to the desired position. Fully disposable and only cost about a buck each. Have a look at the threads on refilling them by the condom method and marry it to what you are doing here and I think you may see some potential!!

Last edited:
Hi petercro,

Have you had a look at a look at a Kr808 Cartomizer for this. You can't flood it no matter what you do and you wouldn't need the tube either as the Cartomizer is female and you would be delivering the yumjuice straight to the desired position. Fully disposable and only cost about a buck each. Have a look at the threads on refilling them by the condom method and marry it to what you are doing here and I think you may see some potential!!

The cartomizers are nice but you can flood them (fill to the point they leak). Before you reach the point of flooding they will just be over filled. A over filled kr808 at standard voltage does not vape well. When I over fill a cartamizer I use them on my 5v mod since it gets hot enough to actually vape off the extra juice. While the cartamizers are nice you need to remember how much juice is in them so you dont get juice crazy and pump a few to many times.

Silverthorn181

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
ɹǝpun uʍop
The cartomizers are nice but you can flood them (fill to the point they leak). Before you reach the point of flooding they will just be over filled. A over filled kr808 at standard voltage does not vape well. When I over fill a cartamizer I use them on my 5v mod since it gets hot enough to actually vape off the extra juice. While the cartamizers are nice you need to remember how much juice is in them so you dont get juice crazy and pump a few to many times.

Exactly. This mod drains off the extra juice just like the suction does when you do a condom refill!! Every time you pump with this it goes through a flood then drain process sucking the excess back into the bottle.

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Ok then, one at a time
Clyde
I have disemboweled several attys until i realized why.
The brass pipe entering the atty was not filed thin enough, thus getting stuck and
ripping out the attys positive conection.
(THREE F.......**~#&^%$£***G BRAND NEW ATTYS DESTROYED). I was not a happy bunny.
I have noticed disposable attys/carts on e-cigs.co.uk for the 4081. I was wondering how long the atty lasts.
Clyde is good enough to send me some old attys of different types to play with.
To tell the truth the 501 does interest me.
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't a cartomizer an atty with a glued on cart.
if so what is the difference between the atty part of the cartomizer and a normal atty.
If there is little difference, it would be a lot cheaper to buy several cartomizers rather than
several atomizers.

Silverthorn181
This mod does indeed extract excess liquid, BUT not all, because of the attys
air intake hole.
And when truth be known. this problem is annoying the hell out of me.
But the solution is at hand.

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Non-disposable attys are just normal 4081 attys and expensive.
The disposable cartomizers on The E-Cigs Academy . They call them disposable attys,
are an atty with a cart containing liquid which will give you 250-300 puffs.
That does not mean that the atty is dead as well as the cart when the liquid is finished.
There is still a base air hole in the atty, so my mod should
be able to use the remaining life of the atty part of the cartomizer.
They are a 3rd of the price of a normal atty on that site....

Petercro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread