Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
In the last couple weeks, the FDA threat has brought back many veteran ECF members and new members too. I've noticed a significantly different tone in a number of threads where people are stepping up to help each other out in finding stuff and planning, learning how to build and DIY as well as catch up with what's current.

Tough times can bring out the best in people, and I am happy to see ECF reestablishing itself as the great community of vapers helping vapers that I first discovered over five years ago. Thanks everybody and let's keep the spirit rolling!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I feel for you, guys, since I live in a banned country. Life always finds a way around, trust me. I've been on and off for 6 years, and although I don't like the off times (mostly to rising prices and unavailability of things), you always find your way back.

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
In the last couple weeks, the FDA threat has brought back many veteran ECF members and new members too. I've noticed a significantly different tone in a number of threads where people are stepping up to help each other out in finding stuff and planning, learning how to build and DIY as well as catch up with what's current.

Tough times can bring out the best in people, and I am happy to see ECF reestablishing itself as the great community of vapers helping vapers that I first discovered over five years ago. Thanks everybody and let's keep the spirit rolling!

"Keeping the spirit rolling" ... Nice way to put it and a secret I think to doing that is for each of us to tolerate and be understanding of the many variations in the simple word 'Vaping'.

While one is inhaling straight into the lungs at 125 watts , another is tootle puffing a 2.0 pen type starter.

A third is totally stumped as to why anyone would buy a 4 pack of coils when they could literally deck the halls with a 500 foot roll of Kanthal !

A fourth hides his own wisdom and hopes everyone will eventually come to the 'precious truth' that dripping into a speckled deck the size of a shot glass and that actually changes colors as you vape is truly the 'way to go'. Such is the variations of the vaping life and this post only scratched the immediate surface !
For sure ,vaping is yet another sight for the 'six men of Indostan', and vaping is the next elephant in the room.

Last edited:

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
i'll be first to admit there were a couple reasons for me personally to stay away. Cost of shinyitis (never had it real bad), being content with my current set-up (at that time) and experiencing the younger enthusiast crowd coming on board making it seem more of a ...... contest than hooking up smokers with something to help them stop smoking. That said the resulting innovations have been great for "my" vape experience.

Speaking from experience here "I knew more when I was younger than I do today". Others do deserve that allowance as well.

Simply calling it as I saw it. Cheers.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I feel for you, guys, since I live in a banned country. Life always finds a way around, trust me. I've been on and off for 6 years, and although I don't like the off times (mostly to rising prices and unavailability of things), you always find your way back.

Thank you for that inspiring comment.:) Like many that have been here a while, and new members seeking guidance, I am well prepared for the Future. Still I have been driven to tears and am heart broken for the million here in America that will Lose the opportunity we have had if government is not stopped from this madness.

My best to you and your Vaping countrymen!

:cool:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I don't know if we ever get over the shinyitis, completely. For me, it was just a matter of settling in on the types of devices and toppers that we like. In my case, it's been REOs and bottom feed attys, for the past couple years. I'm always on the lookout for new attys. I stay out of the threads and sub-forums about things that don't interest me, like regulated devices, TC, tanks, etc.
I've been around since I first joined. I haven't ever left. I've just narrowed down the places I go, to a few sub-forums. I have noticed a few members checking back in, who haven't been around for a while.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I got over the shinyitis some time ago. It helps when you look at the new item and the only sound you hear is your wallet screaming in horror. :lol:
Sadly i have never yet heard that sound,the only sound i have heard the last couple years is the new item screaming "Buy me, Buy me now" haha.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I don't know if we ever get over the shinyitis, completely. For me, it was just a matter of settling in on the types of devices and toppers that we like. In my case, it's been REOs and bottom feed attys, for the past couple years. I'm always on the lookout for new attys. I stay out of the threads and sub-forums about things that don't interest me, like regulated devices, TC, tanks, etc.
I've been around since I first joined. I haven't ever left. I've just narrowed down the places I go, to a few sub-forums. I have noticed a few members checking back in, who haven't been around for a while.

Some people are prone to it and some aren't . Luckily for me i am one that as soon as i found what works i'm all set .

New stuff vapes no different than the old to me.

Reactions: bnrkwest

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Shinyitis has taken on a whole new meaning for me. Now I look
at mods and ask myself - would that switch hold up long? Would
it survive a drop on carpet? Do I really need that?
Definitely not out just buying stuff to try for fun or because it looks
so cool anymore.
Sigh.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Thank you for that inspiring comment.:) Like many that have been here a while, and new members seeking guidance, I am well prepared for the Future. Still I have been driven to tears and am heart broken for the million here in America that will Lose the opportunity we have had if government is not stopped from this madness.

My best to you and your Vaping countrymen!

:cool:

We can help people who come here and ask. A lot of those million have no idea what's coming. Though it is nice to see new people showing up and asking questions.

My grandson went to see a friend last week who lives in an apartment with a couple of other guys, they all vape. He asked them what they thought of the Deeming and they said, what's the Deeming? After he told them what was going on one of them said, :censored: I'll just quit vaping when I can't get juice any more, and sell all my gear. I don't know if he was an ex-smoker. Grandson asked him to call when he's ready to sell his stuff.

A while ago I had a furnace guy round. He saw me vaping and pulled out his mod. I asked him what he thought of the upcoming Indiana regs. Same thing, he had no idea it was happening.

I assume most of those people buy their supplies at vape shops. I guess they didn't want to upset their customers.

Seems like there's a lot of us here but really we are just the tip of the iceberg.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
A vaping oasis, serving up an endless buffet of vaping options and styles!

diningislandbuffet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread