The ECF Troubleshooting Guide - Revision 3

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Maintenance' started by Jim Davis, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Davis

Jim Davis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

ECF Members;

The ECF Troubleshooting Guide has been revised with added tips and was created to help both new and old members find and correct problems which may arrive using your E-Cigs. This is a downloadable file that you can download, and have in your computer for future reference. This is a .PDF file and consists of four (4) pages. It covers factory recommendations, how to use a digital multimeter, troubleshooting information and e-liquid tips and information. Simply click on the link, click on “Save" and save it to your computer. The file has been scanned, and is virus free. Good luck, and happy vaping.

Attached Files:

2. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Excellent Jim---thanks for putting it together and getting it posted--appreciated.

Sun

3. The Wiz

The Wiz ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Jim.....Very nice effort...Something good for new and old members alike! you are a good guy!:)The Wiz!

4. STILLSMOK9

STILLSMOK9 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I'll 2nd that..

5. mrchrees

mrchrees New Member

I bought an e cig from a company in the uk called miniciggy.com. Although I'm very happy with it I've had problems with the batteries. In 2 weeks I've gone through 5 batteries. I get a new one, charge it up and it works fine. Then for some reason it stops vaporising. The LED still lights up when you draw on it and the charger light is green indicating the battery is fully charged. I have 3 chargers and 2 atomisers so it can't be any of those.
    Why does this keep happening. The company just offers to replace them but it doesn't solve the problem. My latest battery stopped working after I put it on charge before it was empty. Could this be the problem? Do these batteries have a cut out switch? If so can I reset them in some way? Help

6. Jim Davis

Download the troubleshooting file, and use the step by step guide. You may want to print it to make it easier. If you still have problems, or don't understand something, jump back in here, and we'll do our best to get you on the right track.
    Cheers;
    jd

7. Cecelia

Cecelia Full Member ECF Veteran

Having same problem with 901 batteries. Lost 5 in 6 days.
    Did you ever figure out problem?

8. Jim Davis

Are you screwing the battery into the charger too tight? Too tight can push the center button contact into the battery so it won't contact the atomizer. Full battery, LED lights, but no vapor. Check the contact. Step by step instructions in the troubleshooting guide.

9. Superstargoddess

Superstargoddess Super Member ECF Veteran

Very helpful, it helped with the problem that I was having. It seemed that I had to drag terribly hard and wasn't getting much vapor after only 3 days of having this new PV. Cleaning with Alcohol helped a good bit, and I think that right now it is just repriming itself from being cleaned. If I have more problems, I will try the more extreme measures or ask a question. Thanks!

10. metapuff

metapuff Senior Member ECF Veteran

thanks for posting this! just ordered the meter.

11. Technocrat

Technocrat Full Member

This information is exactly the kind of stuff that needs to be on th e-cig Wiki, so that people don't have to dig through the forum to find it. Still good info.

12. madesigns94

madesigns94 New Member

Hello there, maybe you can help me!! I just purchased my first e-cig, it is from a company called OMG. after charging the bats i put on a new cart and the first two puffs were ok with good throat hit and good vapor, after that I would get harsh throat hits and no visible vapor and other times I would get good vapor and no throat hit and other times I would get this disgusting burnt flavor and this is all within the first 2 through 15 puffs.
    So I did some research and bought a 510 titan from wicked and I am having the same problems. So I tried dripping, I tried topping off the cart . I just cant seem to get consistent vapor out of either one of them.
    I would greatly appreciate your advice as I want to quit smoking, but it will not work for me unless I can produce a consistent vapor to get me by. Thank You in advance,
    Mark Z.

13. allgoodnamestaken

allgoodnamestaken Full Member ECF Veteran

It says in the guide to wait 3 minutes between drags. Really? Did I read that correctly?

14. Jim Davis

That's a recommendation from a manufacturer. It's there for reference. I don't think many people wait that long though.

15. Celeastar

Celeastar Full Member

Great information in the trouble shooting guide. I think I understand what has been going on and how the dead appeared. Now I feel confident that this can be somewhat easily corrected.

Thank you so much.

16. mswelldone

mswelldone Full Member

Heck yeah, I feel like I just got a new manual that was originally intended to be written in English... no I think maybe I'll call it American today.
    Yeah - written in American.

17. breecee

breecee New Member

Hi! You seem like you must be the 'battery' expert. I use vapor4life and I'm happy with the product. However, I seem to go through batteries like crazy. This style is the two part .... battery and cartomizer. The 'vapor lock' batteries seem to get tough to draw on after a few uses. I tried cleaning the contacts with alcohol and 'blowing' through the battery, but it just won't budge.

I recently began using the manual batteries. My newest one is a 'supersize' that was lasting all day long. It was terrific! However, for some reason once I attach any cartomizer, it blinks when I push the button as though it's running low on power. When I remove the cartomizer, the light stays on when I push the button. I found that the first few times just plugging it back in the the charger for a few minutes would fix the problem. However, that has stopped working and I'm back down to one manual battery, two mini's (that I have to pull up the contacts after every use) and a regular battery with virtually no draw. HELP!
    Thanks!
    Cindy

18. VaporInTheWind

VaporInTheWind Full Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for the PDF, very helpful!

19. yosi

yosi Full Member

for a noob, this guide is like a map of an uncharted territory. :confused:
    that was before... not anymore. jim's ecf troubleshooter changed all that.:)
    thanks, guru.

20. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Love your AV yosi ^^^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.