The Echo from Cool Vapes: a beautiful, automatic MEGA fat batt

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBobVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2009
Robert from Florida
It's not whether it's not for everyone. It's for no one that wants a good vape. I really don't know what anybody is saying is the truth or not but, the rip-off mall e-cig that I bought has better vapor production. Where's this fog bank that yall speak of? Because I don't really get any, if I did than I wouldn't be complaining.

Seriously, I can get pointed out and I just don't care anymore. I tried for a week and grant it. I don't know any of the tricks to make it work better or work at all as a matter of fact. There's barely any vapor and I mean BARELY. It's no fog bank like some claim it to be. It's the truth, if the echo was the only e-cig that was available.

I would be back to smoking a pack a day until the day that I die and that's the horrible truth. Might have gotten a dud but I HIGHLY doubt it.

Let's troubleshoot this: Do you hear the cartomiser when you push the button (echo-e) or inhale (echo)? Did you fill it up all the way (takes about 3 to 3.5 ml)? Maybe your battery is defective or not charged all the way? Maybe it's the juice? I hope my questions aren't coming across as being sarcastic because that is not what I am intending, just trying to figure out what's going on with your echo. Trust me they produce good vapor. You are the first one to say something about this (that I have read) so there has to be something wrong somewhere.

Oh, I just added this line after double checking my echo-e cart and blowing a big flume of smoke at my computer screen, so yep it definitely produces a lot of vapor....

Last edited:

VaporTrails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Somewhere High.
Again I'll re-iterate how well these p.v.'s work, auto battery and all. I get more vapor from these than all the other p.v.'s I've tried. They work extremely well for my line of work and play.

Here is a stainless 650:

SupMontCard0004.jpg

Here are the results on a super bright day doing some alpine climbing. Shadow photo:

003-29.jpg

That's no cloud, just vapor from the Echo. Really been happy with the ones I've had!

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
Again I'll re-iterate how well these p.v.'s work, auto battery and all. I get more vapor from these than all the other p.v.'s I've tried. They work extremely well for my line of work and play.

Here is a stainless 650:

SupMontCard0004.jpg

That's no cloud, just vapor from the Echo. Really been happy with the ones I've had!

WOW! what a view! It's only been 2 days for me, but so far I'm impressed.

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Let's troubleshoot this: Do you hear the cartomiser when you push the button (echo-e) or inhale (echo)? Did you fill it up all the way (takes about 3 to 3.5 ml)? Maybe your battery is defective or not charged all the way? Maybe it's the juice? I hope my questions aren't coming across as being sarcastic because that is not what I am intending, just trying to figure out what's going on with your echo. Trust me they produce good vapor. You are the first one to say something about this (that I have read) so there has to be something wrong somewhere.

Oh, I just added this line after double checking my echo-e cart and blowing a big flume of smoke at my computer screen, so yep it definitely produces a lot of vapor....

Yup, both of them are filled to their capacity and no, I didn't take it that way at all. Just curious what's the real issue I'm having with the echo. This will benefit others that might be swayed by the good reviews to try this out and find issues when they try to use this device.

One of the juices was a Dekang Wensten and the other would be some Madvapes Creme brulee like I stated in the other echo thread but apparently. Since I gave a negative review, I still haven't received a reply. All I see is people trying to say this is the best pv they ever used and "It works great"....awesome, but that's not enough for me since I'm having a LOT of issues with the echo.

It seems like all the problems that myself and others are having with this device are being mostly ignored. I don't know if it's just me but there's something wrong with that picture right there. Where's the support that is given to pv's such as the ego or reo. It doesn't help much when it's a one sided discussion of the echo. No one seems to address issues; for example, the burnt taste, my problem with the lack of performance/vapor, etc. I might see some that try to answer it but after a few more replies. It always comes to, "I've never had that happen, it's been working great for me."

Honestly, I'm still interested in making these work since I paid for the kit. What I've experienced is the total opposite of some other's experience except for flavor. Which I am getting with no burnt taste like some have mentioned. Also, the hit is a bit airy but that wouldn't matter if I got a solid amount of vapor. Which I'm not getting at all. Instead of a flume, I'm getting a tiny little mist of vapor.

You might be getting a lot of vapor but from my experience. I still can't believe that the echo can do such a thing. It's almost like an urban myth to me at this point. And I just took a puff myself while writing this so I can confirm my experience. Again, all I get is a small, small mist of vapor.

Not trying to be overly negative but what can I say. This thing isn't working as advertised and I'm just stating what I've experienced and observed.

Last edited:

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Let me say first - "I believe you" :)

However - I also have to say "This hasn't happened to me".

I've been trying out the ECHO-E (the 510 threaded manual version) - I've been filling the cartos by dripping down the side of the "open end" and rotating - a few drops at a time until it won't take anymore. I haven't had any burnt taste - I've dripped to keep it topped up and the only problem I've had is the odd leak cause by over-dripping. I'd say the vapour is good (not "magnificent") and the hit - for a non-LR device - is pretty good. I can only speak as I find...

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Washvap
I don't think you have been ignored at all. Different people have tried to help you on all three of the Review threads where you have posted. I think you formed your opinion that the Echo wasn't any good on your first post on my review. I don't know how many different cartos you have tried but I would think if it is performing as poorly as you have stated that you have a couple of bad ones. If you will PM me your address I will send you one that is working good and let you see if it works for you. I don't know who you bought your kit from or read where you have contacted them but I know they most likely would do the same thing. I had one bad one and cropduster sent me a replacment on my next order.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla

Here is a stainless 650:

SupMontCard0004.jpg

Here are the results on a super bright day doing some alpine climbing. Shadow photo:

003-29.jpg

Awesome picture!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
As others have commented, Blood4Hugs, those photos are fantastic! Are you sure the first one is not you holding an Echo up against an alpine photo? The foreground and background clarity are spectacular!

Sorry about your bad experience, washvap. Sounds like my own experience with the Go-Go: I may be the only person on the planet who dislikes it. Perhaps you and I received "lemons" of the respective models.

VaporTrails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Somewhere High.
As others have commented, Blood4Hugs, those photos are fantastic! Are you sure the first one is not you holding an Echo up against an alpine photo? The foreground and background clarity are spectacular!

Thanks, got this fantastic Canon T2i DSLR that does all the work for me pretty much. Not to hijack the tread, here is a few shots from that climb without the pv in it.

SupMontCard0005.jpg

A couple from the summit right around 11,100 feet up there. Those huge cornices up there still haven't delivered yet! We'll see what the snowpack is doing on another climb in a couple days.

SupMontCard0009.jpg

SupMontCard0011.jpg

And this one was taken the day after that climb, a fun mountain bike run, and more Echo content sporting the 801 drip tips, same pic as in the Echo Thread:

misc0001.jpg

Really been happy with the Echo!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Love how you tied your post at the very end into the thread topic!;-)

Seriously, I don't think anyone minds looking at those pictures. I sure don't. I am intimidated however: Climb a mountain one day; do a mountain bike run the next! This couch potato just shakes his head in wonder.

Yeah and he climbs telephones at work. Ahhh to be young again. lol I remember way back when i did all those things. I enjoy all his pictures. He has a link with lots of them on it.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
yea man, 650mah silver echo with silver cartomizer is so awesome.
i like them better than the black 1300mah ones.

They are pretty but I prefer the 1300 chrome an extra inch gives you twice the capacity. You can easily remove the black paint and you have a silver 1300. It isn't quite as pretty as the chrome but still looks better than the black to me.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
received my echo today and its great so far, but some how i think Bloog Max batty and maxx cart produce more vapor ?.
Yep ... the MaxX Fusion (and the VOLT) are vapor machines! Not quite the staying power (in mAh and carto capacity) as the Echo however. The Echo (1300 mAh one) is like the Energizer Bunny: it keeps going ... and going ... and going. I love em both!

x3x

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
california
Yep ... the MaxX Fusion (and the VOLT) are vapor machines! Not quite the staying power (in mAh and carto capacity) as the Echo however. The Echo (1300 mAh one) is like the Energizer Bunny: it keeps going ... and going ... and going. I love em both!

Yup ! i vape the echo at home, but brought the maxxi w/ me when i'm going out or something.

vapbear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Just got my Echo from Johnny Bass at coolvapes.com today (really fast shipping and great customer service btw) and I am in love!!! I wasn't sure if I wanted the GoGo or the Echo till I read Don's review, which really helped me decide so thanks Don for the extremely thorough review! Now I just really need to get some very low or no nic juice cause I can't put this baby down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread