The Echo Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
On another heavy-use site I belong to, the threads are routinely closed and new ones started after a certain post count. It has something to do with server load or whatever. I don't find it a big deal; I just sticky the new thread.

Anyway, hi everyone - haven't checked in in several weeks, but wanted to post to say that I'm going fine with my first-and-only Echo setup. I'm so lucky I found you guys after the obligatory gas station buy that got me thinking about e-cigs at all.

I had a lapse last weekend when I was holding a yard sale and found five cigs in a pack from a year ago inside a tote full of stuff to sell. Proving that we never quite rid ourselves of our addictions, I promptly smoked all five that day. But that was it - they tasted like crap and I got very dizzy and I haven't had any urge to go buy a pack at all.

Good to hear your Echo is still working good for you Kren. Don't stay gone so long next time. Just drop in and say "Hey, I'm OK" once in a while. Cigarettes will always be tempting to us I'm sure under the right circumstance most of us would smoke one or five. It just shows how easy it would be to go back if we couldn't vape.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
sometimes you need that. I have a last memory around the time right before I found the echos where I said what the heck and smoked a ..... It was stinky and chemically and was all I needed to get me back on the right path.

I still have two cartons setting in my freezer and I've never had an urge to reach for them since my very first vape 18 months ago. At some point they will become antiques or icebergs. :)

Errol

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Yeah, see I must be a bit more addicted than you guys, because if they're in the house I would smoke them. Even if they had mold on them.

tx, I promise, I will be more sociable :)

Yep I'm afraid I would too Kren. I would have to destroy them or smoke em!
I will be traveling for the next week or so and don't know how much I'll be online. I just got a call from my sister and my mom has taken a turn for the worse and I'll be heading back to Texas. She is 92 and had a stroke last year but rebounded pretty good. It looks like she might be getting down to the end of the trail. I will sure miss her. She is a very special lady and the best mother a man could possibly ask for!

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
I haven't tried any echo-e's since the first batch a year ago. You might try pushing down the filler with a straw maybe you got a bad batch. It sounds like you aren't getting liquid to the coil. What supplier did you get them from?

Problem solved, you're a dead set superstar tumbleweed. Thanks so much, I was just about to give up on these cartos, but now they're working as good as gold.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Yep I'm afraid I would too Kren. I would have to destroy them or smoke em!
I will be traveling for the next week or so and don't know how much I'll be online. I just got a call from my sister and my mom has taken a turn for the worse and I'll be heading back to Texas. She is 92 and had a stroke last year but rebounded pretty good. It looks like she might be getting down to the end of the trail. I will sure miss her. She is a very special lady and the best mother a man could possibly ask for!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your dear mother.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport

Thoughts and prayers for you and your mom, tx. Be safe.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer for 808/VGO

$4.00 but the picture looks as if they are for 510s. This is the cheapest I've seen but I'm not real sure of what exactly they're selling.

You'll pay for it in shipping from china unless you plan on making a massive order to make up for it. But those do fit the echo.
They word things differently in china. Or maybe it's us in the USA. It's usually us.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer for 808/VGO

$4.00 but the picture looks as if they are for 510s. This is the cheapest I've seen but I'm not real sure of what exactly they're selling.

I'm holding out for long wicks from a U.S. supplier. ...not sure, but I think that is Rev. 3. Reason: My Mod is a standup item. I 'can' lay it down, but prefer not to...takes up more of my already cluttered space.

I'm continuing to see eGo references tied to 808 nomenclature. I've been under the impression that eGo is/was a 510 threaded device. Can someone straighten me out on this? ...a concise and complete defnition of eGo?

SaraBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Maine
I'm holding out for long wicks from a U.S. supplier. ...not sure, but I think that is Rev. 3. Reason: My Mod is a standup item. I 'can' lay it down, but prefer not to...takes up more of my already cluttered space.

I'm continuing to see eGo references tied to 808 nomenclature. I've been under the impression that eGo is/was a 510 threaded device. Can someone straighten me out on this? ...a concise and complete defnition of eGo?

I think things have gotten a bit muddy. I keep seeing any cone threaded devices/accessories being called an eGo type. Like an "808 eGo Vision" for example. I find it very confusing. :confused:

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I think things have gotten a bit muddy. I keep seeing any cone threaded devices/accessories being called an eGo type. Like an "808 eGo Vision" for example. I find it very confusing. :confused:

Yes... It would be nice if vendors would clearly state thread type. As well, I'm not quite sure what the designation is for those that are either 510 or 808 (or perhaps other) and have the additional threads for cones.

My mod is flat-topped and while there's area around the top for the larger diameter cartomizers, I'm confused as to whether some can be mounted on a simple 808 with a flat surface around it. Perhaps the lack of clarity on some matters will not serve the long-term interests of the vendors.

Thanks for the comment.

Nwit

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2009
Received my new Echo from cropduster901 today. Great service! Shipped an hour after I ordered Wednesday and it's here on Friday.

That said I'm getting a plastic taste from the carto that came with the Echo. Will this unpleasant taste go away with refills?

Are there other carts that I can try?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
Txtumbleweed-You have been near and dear to me and my family, as your eternal wisdom has helped me off the stogies, and onto the Echo. I often speak of my many friends here on ECF to those around me. To hear that the woman who brought someone so important in my life changing decision is ill, hurts, and I feel I must acknowledge this to you. Our family will hold you and her in our hearts.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut

VapApe

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2011
Ohio
I was sorting out some standard 808 horizontal coil cartomizer.
The ones I had laying around with no clue what was in them, You know how that goes:laugh:

Then I remembered something, I read in this thread about, removing the filler and using it as an atomizer.

Well I popped the the cap on one and pulled out the filler, Came out easily, Rinsed it out with hot tape water and blew it out.
Then add three drops of some juice that I had that was OK, but not something I would vape every day.
It worked amazingly well.

Wile I am not going to give up my 3.5ml tanks any time soon.
This is something to think about using for the times you want just something different.
But don't want load up a tank, Echomizer or even a standard cartomizer, Or when just trying out new a juice.

Three drops seems to be the limit before you risk leaking. It is kind of surprising how many drags you get before you need to add more. It will be interesting to see how long they will hold up.

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Txtumbleweed-You have been near and dear to me and my family, as your eternal wisdom has helped me off the stogies, and onto the Echo. I often speak of my many friends here on ECF to those around me. To hear that the woman who brought someone so important in my life changing decision is ill, hurts, and I feel I must acknowledge this to you. Our family will hold you and her in our hearts.

Thank you very much for the kind words and thoughts Los Marauder! She is the very best person I've met on this planet and it is going to be hard to say good bye but right now I'm praying she holds on until we can get there. I've only made it to Seattle and have to spend the night to catch an early flight to DFW. My son and brother from Anchorage are flying into here too so we will catch the same flight in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread