The eGo/Echo Kuwako Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
I sent an email to epipemods about their "pipe sauce". Specifically I was curious about their PG/VG ratio, because I prefer more VG. The response was...

"Our Sauce is about 95-98% VG based. The tobacco extracts we use may contain a small amount of PG. We also dilute our mixtures so that you can use them in cartos."

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Need to try theirs. All the vendors I've used that use pipe blends from real tobacco extractions have been carto killers. Not so much the VG but the darkness of the juice.

Highbrow Vapors have been my favorite so far. The exotic blend mixed with the french pipe is absolutely amazing.
Easynicjuice's pipe blend is good, very subtle and also dark as dark can be.

Somehow, dripping and pipe simulation don't go hand in hand with me. I'm looking for a nice tobacco base that is light enough to blend my favorites with. I'm new to this so anyone with experience can chime in on the flavor profiles I might look to if I wanted to make any myself.

Right now, I'm thinking of ordering more of Dekang's french pipe, because it's light, and using it as my base to dilute my favorites and make them more carto and tank friendly.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I guess we should describe the Kuwako for the new people that aren't familiar with it. The Kuwako is a pipe bowl accessory that will turn any 14mm ego type device into a pipe. It is made by Janty. They work best with an automatic battery or a 650 manual will also work pretty good. I prefer the Echo auto battery and carto with mine. Here are a couple of pictures. It is quickly becoming my main PV.
IMG_1883_1.jpg

This is with the Echo 1300 Battery and 3.4 ml carto.

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I know I haven't always been Janty's biggest fan but I'm excited to be getting this in. It's nicely priced too.
I was really surprised at how well it is made and how nice it feels in your hand. It is also very light so it is easy to hold in your teeth if you have a hard plastic whistle tip.

Here is where you can get the Kuwako http://usa.jantyworld.com/index.php...doo_VaMazing_2.tpl&product_id=4866&Itemid=177 Janty is the only supplier that I know of that is selling them right now. I think Tony at Cropduster is going to have them too. He has a good supply of echo batteries too but it should be noted the Echo is a 808d threaded device.
http://www.cropduster901.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18

If you want a ego 510 threaded there are a couple of places to get them. Janty has a real nice one but it is 29.00 for a 650.
TW has 1000 mah ego autos. http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co...o-e-nic-mega-1000mah-automatic-2-product.html

Cignot also has an ego 650 auto http://www.cignot.com/product_p/ego-bat-abl.htm

Last edited:

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
Just got the vapenstein london pipe blend in today. It is Dark, not the darkest though, about the color of coca cola in the light. (not a full class full but if you looked at a drop of coke or as it comes out of the fountain machine.) Its pretty thin @ 70/30 pg/vg 18 mg nic.

Im new to tobacco flavors outside of ry4 and usa blend samples that did not do much for me.

That being said this juice fills the tobacco void i was experiencing. I dripped on a 510 atty (that i cleaned with the included tiny sample of want2vapes atty refresher that actually worked quite well) and the flavor came through great.

The flavor being a thick, slightly ashy, tobacco. No other flavors whatsoever, straight pipe tobacco. I find the juice pleasant but a little over powering. Good throat hit, but not like sand paper, and solid vapor production equal to my other 70/30 juices. Its not a "delicious juice" but it is a "satisfying juice". Think "mmm, tobacco" not "yummy i wish i could eat this".

It is definitely too strong for an all day vape, but seems perfect for after dinner vaping and other times you want a strong fulfilling vape.

So, I filled up an echo carto with it, seemed thin enough and the filler accepted the juice pretty quickly so i decided to risk a carto and give it a shot. So far its vaping perfect with strong flavor and good TH. Will it kill my carto soon? Probably... will update if that happens way too quick. But it was just too awesome to not vape on the echo/kuwako combo. So satisfying!

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
Thanks for the photos Tex. Having those photos on the first page of the thread will be helpful for newbies. Hopefully this thread will be a good resource for everybody. I'll chime in later but right now I'm trying to watch the end of the Daytona 500. Which, by the way, is looking like the Twighlight Zone.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Hmmm. Isn't licorice a classic additive in pipe tobacco? I may have to try some of that. Especially if the Perique is as true to the real thing as Goodejuice says on their site. If I can remember way back when I snuck a toot off grandpa's pipe, it was some harsh stuff. I ordered some cherry and have some apple flavor on hand. The caramel in ry4 would be good too.

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
I've been vaping a new RY4 from MtBakerVapor that I'm liking right now. It is different than any other RY4 I've tried and it has a licorice flavor to it

Im gonna have to note that, unfortunately i have exceeded my juice trial budget for a little while. Figure im going to end up with a nice long list of "to try" and then throw it in a randomizer (probably a hat lol) and select a few each month.

Hopefully, my waiting will give everyone the time to find the best pipe vapes for the echomizer and I can benefit (steal) from everyones hard work!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I just got my first juice order from MtBakerVapor and was really impressed with their juice taste and prices. They charge 7.00 for 30 ml and throw in a free 15ml of their juice of the month for orders over 15.00 plus you get 10% off with ecf code. That is how I got the RY4 it was a freebie and to top it off it was 12 mg and I usually vape 24 but have recently been cutting down to 18. It has been very satifying at 12 though so I might be cutting down to 12 at least for this flavor. The other flavor I tried was the Cinnamon Roll which was very good too. I have a few more flavors coming to try including what they call Coumarin Pipe tobacco. I don't know what that is but thought I would try it. Baker Vapor Products - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

Last edited:

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I sent an email to epipemods about their "pipe sauce". Specifically I was curious about their PG/VG ratio, because I prefer more VG. The response was...

"Our Sauce is about 95-98% VG based. The tobacco extracts we use may contain a small amount of PG. We also dilute our mixtures so that you can use them in cartos."

The clear colors work fine, like the Georgia peach, I hear from others on the epipemod thread that two of the juices are rather dark

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Thanks for the photos Tex. Having those photos on the first page of the thread will be helpful for newbies. Hopefully this thread will be a good resource for everybody. I'll chime in later but right now I'm trying to watch the end of the Daytona 500. Which, by the way, is looking like the Twighlight Zone.
Yeah I've been trying to watch the Daytona too but it has been quite the delay due to the big fire. Another 100 miles and it is 12:30 AM back there lol.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
The good news is a washed out carto seems to be doing fine. So there wasn't any long term damage. Just a weaker vape after a day or so. So I imagine if I don't try to push it a day longer, I might be able to keep the dark juice from gunking the coil. A price worth paying for real juices that are extracted instead of perfumes. LOL. I'm starting to sound like a snob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread