The eGo/Echo Kuwako Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSL

Jun 13, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Tex,
That's just what I was going to say about Liberty Flights having the Ego Auto to try. I just ordered two this morning so here's hoping they are great.
I still use my genuine Joye 650 Ego autos from Cignot and the 1000 from Totally Wicked. Also have a year old Janty 650 Ego auto... its exactly the same as the others except it says Janty on it. Also use the Echo 650's too.
IMO all are good when fresh charged with a new echomizer (echo and echo-e).
That's about all I use anymore. But you boys have fun with the Kuwako's.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Tex,
That's just what I was going to say about Liberty Flights having the Ego Auto to try. I just ordered two this morning so here's hoping they are great.
I still use my genuine Joye 650 Ego autos from Cignot and the 1000 from Totally Wicked. Also have a year old Janty 650 Ego auto... its exactly the same as the others except it says Janty on it. Also use the Echo 650's too.
IMO all are good when fresh charged with a new echomizer (echo and echo-e).
That's about all I use anymore. But you boys have fun with the Kuwako's.

Are any of those sealed or do they have an air hole in center of battery post? Does the 1000 from TW have their devil logo on it?:2cool:

Goldenkobold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I have found my perfect pipe blend to be Dekang french pipe as a clear base, with a mix of Highbrow French Pipe and Exotic blend. Of course for dripping, I leave out the Dekang. I'd prefer not to add it at all but it's a must for echomizers.

Goodejuice's Natural Perique and Patriot blend are interesting blends. I think you definitely have to be wanting to chase a good pipe vape to enjoy Patriot. Definitely benefits from a touch of apple. Good vapor production as they only come in 50/50 blend.
the Perique is too light a flavor to be blended but it cuts down the Patriot nicely. Not too dark and now that I have my Turbos I way able to vape these separately.

Quicknic's Grandpa's nightcap was good. Very dark. I wish I had enough left for my Turbos. It's very sweet at the forefront and nose but leaves that subtle, pleasing pipeness to it as you vape. Nice linger to this one.

There is more out there like Vermillion River's Kentucky Blends but I'm all about trying juices that are extracted from real tobaccos now and I don't believe theirs are.

I've got to get my mits on some of the Want2Vape blends but I need to get more of the Highbrow stuff first.

So fill me in......this Kuwako has made me a pipe lover. Is there anyone else I need to put on the wishlist?

I think my favorite part of the Iturbo is not its performance compared to a normal echo cartomizer, they are both good, but the fact that some juices that I really wasn't willing to put in a echo cartomizer (want2vape for instance) will probably do OK in the Iturbo...I still like the performance and cost of the Echo cartomizers, and I prefer the looks and capacity over the Iturbo but its a great set of doors the Iturbo opens in regards to extracted darker vapes.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
I think my favorite part of the Iturbo is not its performance compared to a normal echo cartomizer, they are both good, but the fact that some juices that I really wasn't willing to put in a echo cartomizer (want2vape for instance) will probably do OK in the Iturbo...I still like the performance and cost of the Echo cartomizers, and I prefer the looks and capacity over the Iturbo but its a great set of doors the Iturbo opens in regards to extracted darker vapes.

Well....I did manage to take one apart and rebuild. The only negative was it came out to the same resistance. I took a loop out and I couldn't get a reading. It was all over the charts. It may have been done wrong but I'm done fiddling for the night as 4 loops put it right back at 2.8ohms. Have to do some research on what wire to buy. I'm in over my head right now but not for long.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I'm more curious about the draw of the 510 autos. I heard it was tight and auto firing was an issue with the TW auto. Also wondering if they are regulated and if they are regulated low like regular egos.

Volt now has a high mah 808 auto and it has passthrough charging.

First I heard of the Volt having a 1300. It is a nice looking battery but 29.00 is a little steep for a battery although the 650's are a little better priced at 19.00. Does anyone have one yet?

DSL

Jun 13, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Are any of those sealed or do they have an air hole in center of battery post? Does the 1000 from TW have their devil logo on it?:2cool:

Tex,
I don't think I've had any that are sealed yet (Joye Ego auto). They do have a tiny air hole in the plate/post at the bottom as compared to the larger air hole on the Echo's bottom plate/post. A few weeks ago, I received two new Echo 650's and the air hole did appear smaller than the older ones I have but not sealed. Oh, and the TW Ego autos appear to be Joye Ego autos. I got the pink one last May and there is a little devil enscribed on the silver .... plate (not printed).

Charlz,
The draw may be a little tighter on the Ego 510's compared to the Echo 808's...maybe due to the light at the end of the Echo that seems to make airy noise.
As far as the wind setting it off, I haven't had that problem. And noise does not turn the Ego auto on ever. They are sensitive if you blow on the tiny light hole or bend the rubber tip hard on a newly charged battery.
I've had the same failure rate with both Echos and Egos. Two dead or dying Egos, and two Echos that the lights would get stuck on so I threw them out. All about 6to 8 months old.
Now, when you start talking technical about ohms and mahs and such, I can't help you. You might call Vicki at Cignot, she has been selling only Joye Tech brand Egos for a few years. I only go by if they work or not and that it has to be easy and safe.

kbpipes

Jan 22, 2012
Dallas
About a week back my Kuwako showed up. I really like the look of it. At first the battery did not slide all the way down. I thought it was all the way in. I was surprised on how long the whole thing was, but generally was ok with it. After I charged my battery I out it back in the Kuwako, and this time it went all the way in (Nice and snug too). Looks great and feels great. I never remove the Kuwako unless I am charging the battery.

Now to find some good pipe ejuice.

Last edited:

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas

Thanks DSL, please give us a battery report later. Everybody seems to like the Echo Autos but I really haven't heard much feedback on eGo Autos. JJ

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
About a week back my Kuwako showed up. I really like the look of it. At first the battery did not slide all the way down. I thought it was all the way in. I was surprised on how long the whole thing was, but generally was ok with it. After I charged my battery I out it back in the Kuwako, and this time it went all the way in (Nice and snug too). Looks great and feels great. I never remove the Kuwako unless I am charging the battery.

Now to find some good pipe ejuice.

Same thing happened to me only it wasn't untill I posted pictures that I figured out it wasn't all the way in.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I too don't care if it's a Joye or not. I'm only concerned that these 510 autos are not 3.4v devices. If they are all Joye I'm assuming they are. Gonna have to wait until I master the rebuild on these Turbos and can make a lr. I've been reading the new 510 ones are a PITA to pull apart. So Glad I have 2 of the old ones.
The Volt auto 1300 from smokeless image says theirs is regulated at 3.6V. I don't know what the Echo is but do know it works very good for me.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I too don't care if it's a Joye or not. I'm only concerned that these 510 autos are not 3.4v devices. If they are all Joye I'm assuming they are. Gonna have to wait until I master the rebuild on these Turbos and can make a lr. I've been reading the new 510 ones are a PITA to pull apart. So Glad I have 2 of the old ones.
You do know GotVapes has a lower resistance one available but i think they ran out of stock for now. It is rated at 2.2-2.5 and the other is rated 2.5-2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread