The eGo/Echo Kuwako Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
ok thanks for the tips and have a great weekend!! I am now on a quest to find some echo cartomizers and a kuwako to complete the pipe lol. simply getting an 901 to 510 connector will allow me to use regular 510 cartomizers with the echo batteries correct??

Yes you can use 901 to 510 adapter to use 510 cartos as long as they aren't LR's below 2 ohms or so. I find the Echo works and looks best with the Echo carto though and a new carto holds over 3 ml of juice which I like. You can get the echo usb charger at Cropduster for 2.95 and use it with most wall power supplies.

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
You do know GotVapes has a lower resistance one available but i think they ran out of stock for now. It is rated at 2.2-2.5 and the other is rated 2.5-2.8

Noted. But the wires come out so easy, I'm just going to make them myself now. And the new ones have changed. You need to do a lot of PITA stuff to get it apart and isn't as foolproof on the rebuild.

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
Noted. But the wires come out so easy, I'm just going to make them myself now. And the new ones have changed. You need to do a lot of PITA stuff to get it apart and isn't as foolproof on the rebuild.

Charlz can you point me in the direction of a thread about making coils or what to search for, can't seem to come up with anything on my own.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Charlz can you point me in the direction of a thread about making coils or what to search for, can't seem to come up with anything on my own.

Never rebuilt an echo. You may be the first. You need nichrome wire. You will also need a multimeter to test resistance. If you have the same wire and it's clean and good, I'd say about 4 loops. Take the wick and put it on a pin for stability and wrap the wire around nice and tight. One end will get tucked on the outside of the rubber sleeve touching the thread part and the other will get tucked in between the rubber and center post for a negative and positive connection.

The turbo rebuild thread uses from 34 to 36 guage wire, N80 is best. But that coil is already a good distance away. I don't know if the post is factored in to the distance when dealing with resistance. For wick, you need silica. You may need to ask in the DIY subforum. Have you looked there?

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Judging by the way the Kuwako is selling (if it isn't because Janty made a very limited amount), there would appear to be a real market for a good E-pipe. I have tried the 601 and found it to be a big disappointment.
Hard to beleive someone hasn't mass produced something to suit different tastes, such as some wood and some along the lines of the Kuwako. I know there is a company producing custom pipes, but the cost and wait are not for me.
I would love to tackle the problem for a personal pipe...but I can see it becoming a nightmare to create.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Judging by the way the Kuwako is selling (if it isn't because Janty made a very limited amount), there would appear to be a real market for a good E-pipe. I have tried the 601 and found it to be a big disappointment.
Hard to beleive someone hasn't mass produced something to suit different tastes, such as some wood and some along the lines of the Kuwako. I know there is a company producing custom pipes, but the cost and wait are not for me.
I would love to tackle the problem for a personal pipe...but I can see it becoming a nightmare to create.

One of these days I'm going to pick up a block of wood and that'll be it. Janty's beauty is it's simplicity. I bet I could shape a nice wooden bowl for my autos to stick in to.

hangin1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2010
central illinois
Yeah, out of stock everywhere. Kuwako is the only reason (well, not really but that's my justification for additional gadget. Hah!) I want to get ECHO (or other fat batt)... :closedeyes:

Yep totally my justification that i picked up a couple 1300 mah echo auto batteries today as well clove. Does the IGO clear cartomizers sold at nhaler work with the echo? I figured I would ask before I purchased some of them. Have a great friday all!!

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
Yep totally my justification that i picked up a couple 1300 mah echo auto batteries today as well clove. Does the IGO clear cartomizers sold at nhaler work with the echo? I figured I would ask before I purchased some of them. Have a great friday all!!

Where did you get clove? Still looking for the good clove juice (hence the name :D)

AFAIK, iGO is manual ECHO with KR8 threading, so the carto should work (please double check tho) but why not just using ECHO carto?

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla

The iGo cartos will not work. They have a skirt and you need an ego type 808 like a vgo to use with them. The Echo cartos work great with it.

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
kuwako01.jpg kuwako02.jpg

I see what everybody means about the button needing to be as close to the bowl as possible. The only 650 battery I have is a pass-through which means it is slightly longer than a standard 650. Do we have any reports yet on a good quality eGo auto battery?

BTW - this is the carto in the photo. eGo Cone 1.7 Ohm Carto. Just got one to try and it vapes extremely well on a regulated 650 manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread