• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Electronic Cigarette Trade Association (Ecta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Is there any reason we can't have a sub/sticky here? Not everyone is on facebook.

We do have this sticky - and it's open for all ECF members to comment on.

The Facebook is a closed group and very carefully monitored by ECTA - single topic only. It's just one platform for people to communicate with. Each platform has it's own public. Some will prefer one over the other - and some will prefer to participate in both.

I can't see any organization existing today without a facebook page ...

....even ECF is on facebook!

Last edited:

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Is there any reason ECTA won't let me join and allocate my companies resources to the greater good of Canadian Vapers?

Membership is not yet open. As explained in the "history and updates" thread - that will open once the sitting board has completed it's first round of testing.

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Oh sorry, had your replied to my last PM I may have understood that but since you didn't I assumed(we all know what that means) that Canvape was not a welcome participant. If you do need assistance financially or otherwise in actually getting this thing off the ground my total support is pledged in anyway possible.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Oh sorry, had your replied to my last PM I may have understood that but since you didn't I assumed(we all know what that means) that Canvape was not a welcome participant. If you do need assistance financially or otherwise in actually getting this thing off the ground my total support is pledged in anyway possible.

Your PM's were replied to - and you agreed to maintain confidentiality on what was discussed. Has something changed??

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Easy my dear, no need to get your hair up :) Just looking for some progress and most of all transparency to bring a little legitimacy to the trade here in our wonderful country. Don't think any secrets were being spilled or will be by me. Love you and what you are doing, just saying if you need a little gas for the tank to be able to hit the pedal I am here.

Jo-dee

Moved On
Feb 12, 2012
The abyss
  • Deleted by oldsoldier

Ontariolady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
Muskoka, Ontario
After the threatening and rude PM and email received from this "mopar" I will be the first to say this is not someone you want to be involved with the ECTA, I am shocked at what this individual has sent in the form of email to me and in PM in this forum.

I have notified the admins and hopefully it will not be able to continue. My support for this association will be lost if it has any ties of membership with such a person. If someone can stop that from happening please do so.

I would recommend you keep "your opinion" comments to yourself rather then spreading nastiness. And if you are enjoying this forum then you should take the time to follow the rules set out.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-forum/266345-canada-vendor-disputes.html

On another note, thank you to ALL suppliers and their dedication and hard work

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Mopar is a fantastic guy. You went and wrote that people "shamelessly" (where's the shame in promoting a company that has surpassed your every expectation???) plug his company and that his service and prices are mediocre. That's an outright lie as they have the best prices on the web, period. That's a fact. They also have the best customer service I have ever dealt with either online or brick and mortar.

So basically you talked smack and falsehoods to the vendor and to the very happy customers. What'd you expect? Roses?

Jo-dee

Moved On
Feb 12, 2012
The abyss
  • Deleted by oldsoldier

Ayce

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2011
Saint John NB Canada
Like any business association, ECTA will have good and bad they will have to represent. I have seen this in many forms. Whether in music, Building Management, retail/wholesale, trades, whatever, I've seen both sides in these businesses. All the association can do is reward the good and reprimand the bad, based on customer feedback. I would advise leaving disputes out of this thread, and let ECTA do it's job for the users and suppliers both.
Just my:2c:

Last edited:

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
For clarification:

As mentioned in the first thread on this post - ECTA's Board members will not be published here - as not all of them are ECF members. There will be a place on the internet where you will be able to check that information - when it becomes available.

Meanwhile, ECTA neither supports nor deny's support of individuals - whether they own an ecig business or not. ECTA has specific goals that will be accomplished for the purpose of advancing the industry in Canada and removing the issues that vendors and vapers are facing.

Please refrain from hijacking this thread to promote, dis or otherwise comment on individuals and their businesses - so that we can use this place to keep people informed of progress, initiatives and other information (when we are able to publish it).

Dec 31, 2011
This is quite frustrating to read at times. I was under the impression this thread was for info on ECTA. Where we could ask questions about what's happening, if anything, and get answers when possible.

If we all have the same interest in the growth of e-cigs in Canada, and to have the ban lifted by HC, why is there so much bickering and infighting.

It almost appears at times like this is somewhat of a power trip, and that there's some individuals here just to cause problems & slow things down. Or maybe they are against what the rest of us want.

A united team goes further, faster, than a divided one does. That might be worth remembering.

Nrgaway

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Canada
For clarification:

As mentioned in the first thread on this post - ECTA's Board members will not be published here - as not all of them are ECF members. There will be a place on the internet where you will be able to check that information - when it becomes available.

Meanwhile, ECTA neither supports nor deny's support of individuals - whether they own an ecig business or not. ECTA has specific goals that will be accomplished for the purpose of advancing the industry in Canada and removing the issues that vendors and vapers are facing.

Please refrain from hijacking this thread to promote, dis or otherwise comment on individuals and their businesses - so that we can use this place to keep people informed of progress, initiatives and other information (when we are able to publish it).

I am also interested in the ECTA, but would like to know who is behind it in order to know if I would support such a group.

I am kind of confused. If the ECTA is a registered Canadian organization, are they not required to have there books available for viewing by the public at the head office? And within the books will list the board of directors which is also public information under law. So what I don't really understand is why all the secrets regarding the board when you are are required to provide that type of information on request.

Or maybe this organization is not registered yet?

Please kindly clarify.

Thank You

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I am also interested in the ECTA, but would like to know who is behind it in order to know if I would support such a group.

I am kind of confused. If the ECTA is a registered Canadian organization, are they not required to have there books available for viewing by the public at the head office? And within the books will list the board of directors which is also public information under law. So what I don't really understand is why all the secrets regarding the board when you are are required to provide that type of information on request.

Please kindly clarify.

Thank You

See this post from Kat regarding the need for confidentiality at this stage in the organization's development.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com

Please kindly clarify.

Thank You

See this post from Kat regarding the need for confidentiality at this stage in the organization's development.

(thank you Chellynelly and Mindfield for the links back to the longer explanation).

What you're referring to re: open books - applies to Charities, community organizations and publicly traded companies. Books of other corporations and companies are never open to the public - only to Revenue Canada, company Directors and thier Accountants or Financial officers. Even then - it's only after the company has been in existence for one year and has books to show.

Best way to support the fight for ecigs in Canada is to sign the petitions, join an organization like CASAA, write your MP, get involved with this forum, share info on your experiences with other posters and keep your eye out for opportunities (great ideas often spawn in these kind of places).

ECTA is specifically a vendor compliance organization - and it's new. The info here is provided to keep everyone as much in the loop as possible and keep people abreast of what's happening. Normally - such organizations don't even pop their weary heads up into the public eye until they've accomplished their original goals and are open for wider involvement. There are SOOOO many people here though who have been involved in and contributed to fighting Canada's position on ecigs - it would be terribly unfair to keep everyone in the dark.

Also -regarding who is involved right now:- The Directors are working on several things (likely be an update very soon) - but the organization will be open to other companies in the near future - and there will be a clear and defined way to identify the companies involved along with information on what that involvement means to the consumer.

Nrgaway

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Canada
Thank you for your quick response.

While I appreciate the need for confidentially in regards to the business plan of of the trade association itself, I am only requesting a list of the board of directors, which is publicly available information and is required to be filed with the government within 15 days of any change anyway. I should have been clear that the books I was referring to were the minute books, containing the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Registered Office and List or Directors (Form 6). Sorry about the confusion.

I did a lookup today for your trade association name, but could not find an exact match, unless it is registered under 'ECTA RESEARCH AND ACTION OF CANADA INC.'. I am assuming that is not the trade association name even though it was registered in December last year since it only lists 3 directors, where I understand there are now 10.

Please kindly provide the name the trade association is registered under and I will do my own research from there so as not to bother you too much more :)

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread