The Erlkönigin : PICTORIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinker Ray

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
The airflow adjuster was removed. I was under the impression that the open draw adapter only added the ability to draw air through the 510 connector and made no difference to the normal air intake. Am I mistaken on this?
The open draw pole piece has a 2mm hole, slightly larger than standard. Otherwise it functions the same. I'm kind of a newb with the Erlk, but I feel that the draw is "somewhat" more open, but not dramatic. There is only so much metal in the pole piece. I have found that I can slightly improve the airflow (or not) by careful shape and size of the shoulders on the wick

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
I have the 22mm metal tank and couldn't figure out what the pic was showing. How can I check the juice level on this?
Use one of these:
ct-scan.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
hey Q, I was looking at your picture titled "how to check juice level." I have the 22mm metal tank and couldn't figure out what the pic was showing. How can I check the juice level on this?

You can drop in a piece of thick Kanthal wire thru one of the fill ports and use it as a Dip-Stick.

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Ok Q. You have me sold on the Erl. Whilst I did look at it last year, it's looks (ok, but not super sexy, urgh - matte finish that's not going to match anything) and the 21mm factor have put me off so far.
But hearing how people are having success vaping it at above 20W has finally sold me. And who knows, I may not want to vape it with a 0.6 parallel like my KF4.

Re accessories: any you recommend? Should I get the 2mm positive post? What's the diameter of the stock Erl air flow? Do you happen to remember off the top of your head the diameter of the stock KFL / 3.1 and KF4 centre posts?
Being in Australia and having to pay the $30 odd postage from Europe even for a couple of tiny accessories, I'd prefer to buy the extra o rings, tanks, spacer etc even if I don't use them, rather than have to order them later.

It's just a toss up between ordering from the Erlkoenigin shop that has all the accessories available, and Intaste which doesn't, but also has KF4 gold springs.

I'm thinking of pairing the Erl with either a black dotmod Perti, Dominus Fecit with brass hybrid tube, or SS and brass Tantra.

Reactions: qorax

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
Ok Q. You have me sold on the Erl. Whilst I did look at it last year, it's looks (ok, but not super sexy, urgh - matte finish that's not going to match anything) and the 21mm factor have put me off so far.
But hearing how people are having success vaping it at above 20W has finally sold me. And who knows, I may not want to vape it with a 0.6 parallel like my KF4.

Re accessories: any you recommend? Should I get the 2mm positive post? What's the diameter of the stock Erl air flow? Do you happen to remember off the top of your head the diameter of the stock KFL / 3.1 and KF4 centre posts?
Being in Australia and having to pay the $30 odd postage from Europe even for a couple of tiny accessories, I'd prefer to buy the extra o rings, tanks, spacer etc even if I don't use them, rather than have to order them later.

It's just a toss up between ordering from the Erlkoenigin shop that has all the accessories available, and Intaste which doesn't, but also has KF4 gold springs.

I'm thinking of pairing the Erl with either a black dotmod Perti, Dominus Fecit with brass hybrid tube, or SS and brass Tantra.

It matches the wae2 perfectly. [emoji48]

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
It matches the wae2 perfectly. [emoji48]

Not dissing your wae2 or any of the Mark Bugs stuff, as I'm sure it's brilliant quality; but I've never understood what the fuss was about. I'm not saying this to start any mech vs regulated argument, but unfortunately to me it's just another boring looking regulated device.

Kruzer00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Long Island, NY, USA
Not dissing your wae2 or any of the Mark Bugs stuff, as I'm sure it's brilliant quality; but I've never understood what the fuss was about. I'm not saying this to start any mech vs regulated argument, but unfortunately to me it's just another boring looking regulated device.

That is what I thought until I held one.[emoji3] For whatever reason it just screams quality to me when in the hand while it doesn't necessary look very different from a dozen other things in pics. It's the same way I feel about Pedro's Vela's. There may be more advanced or sophisticated stuff out there but when it is sitting in your hands you just marvel at the quality and are glad you own it. I have yet to try the Erl atties but am hoping it is a similar experience. For me the definition of a great mod is one you want to keep, irrespective of technological developments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalktfwr caC f CDs rB. FU MABfp. L. L p

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

1. K4 is definitely airier than the Erlk. Nearly one & a half times
2. Erlk is twice airier than the KFLs (with the ODPP and AFC removed)
3. In today's parlance I fully recommend getting the ODPP (Open Draw Pos Pole)
4. If you are onto DLH that 2.2mm ODPP enables it perfectly
5. O-rings are outright expensive in the Erlk webstore, get them from the link in OP
6. Don't bother with Erlk OEM glass tanks (21mm), they'd break before you say John Doe
7. Get the 22mm IBT ones instead (you have color choices there too)
8. If you like the Poly tank (I do) grab a few from Erlk store. You'll not find them elsewhere
9. Erlk performs perfectly under all Ohms, juice viscosity and wattage (I've tried them all)
10. Erlk stock DTs are narrow. Use a li'l open bore ones (eg. Old Sam) and you've a perfect vape there.

Congrats on you decision! Erlk is still my best atty :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

We all are different. To me it is the BEST LOOKING reg. device :D

Reactions: Arthur

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
1. K4 is definitely airier than the Erlk. Nearly one & a half times
2. Erlk is twice airier than the KFLs (with the ODPP and AFC removed)
3. In today's parlance I fully recommend getting the ODPP (Open Draw Pos Pole)
4. If you are onto DLH that 2.2mm ODPP enables it perfectly
5. O-rings are outright expensive in the Erlk webstore, get them from the link in OP
6. Don't bother with Erlk OEM glass tanks (21mm), they'd break before you say John Doe
7. Get the 22mm IBT ones instead (you have color choices there too)
8. If you like the Poly tank (I do) grab a few from Erlk store. You'll not find them elsewhere
9. Erlk performs perfectly under all Ohms, juice viscosity and wattage (I've tried them all)
10. Erlk stock DTs are narrow. Use a li'l open bore ones (eg. Old Sam) and you've a perfect vape there.

Congrats on you decision! Erlk is still my best atty :)

I'm not into DLH. More average and high wattage (12-30W) MTL. So that 2.2mm ODPP will be far too much for me. I was going to get a couple of the plastic tanks and maybe the 22mm steel, though I like to see juice level and I'll probably never use the steel 22mm just as I have never used a Kayfun all steel. I do actually already have the ploy and steel Erlk tank from Steamtuners; and two of the drip tips that extend the conical Erlk drip tip adaptor.

I did like the look of your mesh build some 350 pages ago!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I would imagine metric o rings are easy to find in Oz. Get a bunch of the 3 x 1 and 5 x 1. Those seem to just disappear on a regular basis :)

I would get the open draw pos pole. You may regret not having it?

I need to order my IBTanked glass. I broke a couple on my clone Erlk, but I think it was due to not having exact tolerances. Which put stress on the glass. I'm expecting on the authentic for that not to be a problem.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I'm not into DLH. More average and high wattage (12-30W) MTL. So that 2.2mm ODPP will be far too much for me. I was going to get a couple of the plastic tanks and maybe the 22mm steel, though I like to see juice level and I'll probably never use the steel 22mm just as I have never used a Kayfun all steel. I do actually already have the ploy and steel Erlk tank from Steamtuners; and two of the drip tips that extend the conical Erlk drip tip adaptor.

I did like the look of your mesh build some 350 pages ago!

I can do DLH perfectly with the stock Pos Pole as well. So, if you're only a MTL vaper - you don't need the ODPP at all. However, like Roxy correctly opined, grab it nonetheless. One never knows when you fall into DLH scenario, I did, automatically, with my Erlks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread