The Erlkönigin : PICTORIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOG clouds

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2015
Space Coast, Florida
1. What's your juice viscosity?
2. Beef up the cotton / rayon a little (more) inside the coil.
3. Try with less/er airflow to start with - that'd pull in more juice (inside the chamber).

1.) all juices are 50/50

2.) Ok. I will make it tighter through the coil. Am I correct that cellucotton is essentially rayon?

3.) Also will close down the airflow in the beginning prior to opening it up. I've been operating with no afc ring. Tonight or tomorrow I will take step by step photos of my build

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
1.) all juices are 50/50

2.) Ok. I will make it tighter through the coil. Am I correct that cellucotton is essentially rayon?

3.) Also will close down the airflow in the beginning prior to opening it up. I've been operating with no afc ring. Tonight or tomorrow I will take step by step photos of my build
#2. Not necessarily. CelluCotton also has a similar looking box with medical grade cotton (not Japanese / organic cotton). It is only the ones which state "100% Rayon" - are the ones we (vapers) use.

Ps:
1. If it is Rayon - you need to pack it tight. Rayon shrinks when wet, unlike cotton (which swells).
2. 50:50 should see no difference in rebuilding our attys. It's only when we go higher VG (above 70% VG) then we need to wick them a little conservatively.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
My two finalists in a quest for a perfect flavour.

_DSF3393-Edit.jpg

closely (really closely) followed by Origen Genesis, Taifun GT 2, Kayfun V4.

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
erlside.jpg erltop.jpg erlwick2.jpg erlscreen.jpg
I mixed two wicks together on the Erl and got the best flavor, no dry hits and plenty of draw. I put a 2mm readyxwick UNDER the coil, then quarupled the organic cotton and pulled it through the coil. The cotton has enough volume to make my juices pop and the readyxwick is drawing enough juice because it is hollow. However, because I use a caramel flavoring, I needed to rewick after a week. That is OK with me, as I see some of you rewick sooner. I use a 70%vg/30%pg juice. It was 9 wraps of 26g kanthal and came out at 2.7Ωs, which is just perfect for this tootle puffer.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
1.) all juices are 50/50

if you have done this or someone has suggested it then I apologise but check out Quorax's build tutorial. It is a great intro to getting this device tamed. I tried his double-cut wicking method with OC and pretty much nailed it first time. Not perfect as I am getting more wicking from one side than the other but it is working great!. Using 80%VG and a ~0.3 ohm Ti build. Very nice vape!

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
I needed to rewick after a week. That is OK with me, as I see some of you rewick sooner

Wish I knew your secret, there. With some of my juices the wicks barely make it through a full tank :(

But it's a pretty quick re-wick, so I don't mind too much

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Wish I knew your secret, there. With some of my juices the wicks barely make it through a full tank :(

But it's a pretty quick re-wick, so I don't mind too much

Im on 5th tank (nano) and the same wick I put in when I got it...This is with a Ti TP build thoigh...

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I guess the thing with Ti for me is that it imparts no flavour at all unlike kanthanl and nickel. So the juice flavours can shine on their own! As for durability I just un wick, scrubb across the coil with a wet toothbrush and rewick. They last forever pretty much as they never see high temp ie not dry burnt etc. It's pretty much all I use these days! Highly recommended (for TP applications not normal vw vaping!)

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Why not normal vaping? lol I ordered a few hundred metres of titanium just for it's resistance being about half of the equivalent sized kanthal. Simple, quick, low resistance coils with plenty of surface area and a quick ramp up!

Edit: more like a quarter, but I'm not calculating the exact % difference at the moment.

Last edited:

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
God bless the Nation - and the courage and freedom of it's people within. I wish you guys a Happy Independence Day :)
I'd rather be Canadian...

They get all the good mods and atties.

At least you do, Q.

Kaoself

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I finally conceded the spend and bought an Erl a couple of days ago. Complete with spares and almost all the accessories bar the metal tanks. I'll try a cotton build at similar levels to the KF4 first, but I'm really looking forward to trying to get a mesh and cotton build going!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I finally conceded the spend and bought an Erl a couple of days ago. Complete with spares and almost all the accessories bar the metal tanks. I'll try a cotton build at similar levels to the KF4 first, but I'm really looking forward to trying to get a mesh and cotton build going!
CONGRATULATIONS buddy :)

Reactions: Kaoself
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread