The Erlkönigin : PICTORIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
A black one, or a red one?

Red of course.
IMG_0289[1].jpg

(The sun washed out the DT a bit, but it's the same nice, rich red as the tank itself. Many less-than-threes to Spectrum tanks. And to La Vape shop and I2R for hooking me up with the nano kit, which I'd been wanting for a while.)

fargazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2014
United States
Well, looks like I'm going to jump on the Erlkonigin wagon and try out the ride, particularly for temp control. Erlkonigin.com is having an August deal where you get the stainless steel tipped Erl, a metal tank, and three of their e-juices for the same money as the normal SS tip Erl alone (€107.92 without VAT). Free shipping also when you buy that package, which is non-trivial coming from Austria.

I'm looking forward to taking the Erl for a spin with tempered nickel and a Rayon wick :)

fargazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2014
United States
I've put in my first build - I had a spot of trouble with resistance due to too large a diameter coil, then too high coil placement, so technically I suppose this is my 4th. I am now running 0.068 ohm with 28ga tempered nickel on a rayon wick, at 475 with a SX Mini M class set to a tightish draw.

Flavor is excellent. I am somewhat surprised I have gotten this good a vape so quickly on a new atty; normally I figure a week or more to get this good a vape.

CameraZOOM-20150811242848798~01~01.jpg

fargazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2014
United States
After vaping three or so tanks in TC mode, I changed up to a Kanthal 1.05Ω build on a Atmizoo Lab mechanical. Wicked the same way, but used a slightly thinner juice (70/30). Much MUCH better flavor; I think I've found a good travel vape setup.

Erlkonigen and Lab.jpg

I'm tempted to get a second one, given the August special they are running. So far, I've had no wicking issues (though I made sure I watched a lot of "how to" videos before taking my first shot).

I am a happy camper with this setup :)

Swiss75

May 19, 2015
American: its a windshield, not a windscreen. It doesn't have holes.

Brit: we invented the language.

American: we invented the car.

screen
(skrēn)
n.
1. A movable device, especially a framed construction such as a room divider or a decorative panel, designed to divide, conceal, or protect.
2. One that serves to protect, conceal, or divide: Security guards formed a screen around the president. A screen of evergreens afforded privacy from our neighbors.
A coarse sieve used for sifting out fine particles, as of sand, gravel, or coal.
4. A system for preliminary appraisal and selection of personnel as to their suitability for particular jobs.
5. A window or door insertion of framed wire or plastic mesh used to keep out insects and permit air flow.
a.
A surface or device on which an image, such as a movie, is displayed for viewing.
b. The medium in which movies are shown: a star of stage and screen.
7. A body of troops or ships sent in advance of or surrounding a larger body to protect or warn of attack.
a.
Sports A block, set with the body, that impedes the vision or movement of an opponent.
b. Football A screen pass.

That is from the American version of English too :w00t:

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
I read back a few pages that someone was saying how it was a pita to fill the Erlk with a dropper bottle. Yeah I hate those dropper bottles too.

Just take the top cap off entirely and pour the eliquid in from the bottle! Close the AFC off and put your thumb over the top of the chimney while doing so to prevent the inevitable flood. Replace the top caps quick as you can when done and you're good to go. You might have to clear a few drops of eliquid that have flooded the chamber but it's no big deal. :)

Reactions: qorax

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I see on the Erlkönigin site they state the co-polymer tank will stand up to any liquid. Has anyone tried classic "tank cracker" juices in the co-polymer tank, and what's been the result?
Tho I had no 'cracking' issues ever even with my li'l bit tank cracker juices* - I'd yet suggest caution. Any 'plastic' tank can wither any time. They cannot withstand all e-liquids.

*Menthol, Banana, Citrus and Cinnamon blends. But all mild tho.

Reactions: DreamWithin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread