Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Forum Contributor of the Year Award

Person whose posts have contributed the most to your enjoyment and understanding of PVs.

you were a candidate... didnt you know?? LOL

hold on I will get you link....
Vapy Awards

I had no idea. I didn't even know about the Vapy Awards.* I am honored. Thank you again, needvapor!:)

* I guess that puts me out of the running for "Most knowledgable ECF member.":oops:

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I had no idea. I didn't even know about the Vapy Awards.* I am honored. Thank you again, needvapor!:)

* I guess that puts me out of the running for "Most knowledgable ECF member.":oops:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Don, I'll repeat kinda what I said after reading part one...you are such a gifted writer and we are all so lucky to have you GUIDING the way :) I would have been lost without your Wonderful World Illustrated Guide which I was lucky to have found on day one here at ECF. THANK YOU one more time! Just wanted to make sure you realize how valuable your efforts are ;) You are GOLD!

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Don, I'll repeat kinda what I said after reading part one...you are such a gifted writer and we are all so lucky to have you GUIDING the way :) I would have been lost without your Wonderful World Illustrated Guide which I was lucky to have found on day one here at ECF. THANK YOU one more time! Just wanted to make sure you realize how valuable you're efforts are ;) You are GOLD!

Thank you again, Up in Vapor! I think I will sit back now and rest on laurels like these! [At least until some more (non-technical) questions come in on the ATE board.]

Such words of praise really do make me feel good.:D

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
Thank you again, Up in Vapor! I think I will sit back now and rest on laurels like these! [At least until some more (non-technical) questions come in on the ATE board.]

Such words of praise really do make me feel good.:D
THANK YOU, I'm an old hand but sure I'll learn from going through all the stuff you put together, what's with Florida, you AND TB there 8-o
been getting 1/2 way to the 'magic bullet' with the ZFM http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/53487-zfm-zero-filler-mod.html, you might check it out but haven't thrown out the blue either :p
GOOD LUCK

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
THANK YOU, I'm an old hand but sure I'll learn from going through all the stuff you put together...
Thank you, charlie! You probably will learn something new ... not because of any words of mine, but all the words, photos, and videos of others included in the Guide.

...what's with Florida, you AND TB there 8-o
I don't understand what you are referring to?:confused: Is there a tuberculosis outbreak in Florida I don't know about?

...been getting 1/2 way to the 'magic bullet' with the ZFM http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/53487-zfm-zero-filler-mod.html, you might check it out but haven't thrown out the blue either :pGOOD LUCK
I checked that out. Oy! Too much time and effort for lazy (and butterfingered) old me. Carts, schmarts! I drip.

Cartomizers are good though. [Oops! I shouldn't have said that.:oops: This is a thread about how wonderful the 510 is. Well, I guess the forum sponsor won't mind; he sells plenty of those too.:D]

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
A 510 with almost any halfway decent cart mod (PTB is fairly simple) and you've got yourself an "extended" drip session. I get up to 20 hits before having to refuel. I can live with that :)

Yes Don, cartos definitely do hold a place in a well-rounded vaping repertoire! It's just a matter of taste, convenience and/or necessity.

I love to have lots of choice and diversity and can vape all of the above with my Xhaler too ;)

P.S. It is next to impossible to NOT learn something from a DonDaBoomVape Illustrated Guide...seriously!

Ed

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I wasnt aware either!!
Hey Don, where abouts are you? I am on the East Coast in Port Saint Lucie

Oh, you're a northerner.;) I'm down in Broward County, in a town called Tamarac (western suburb of Fort Lauderdale). Two fascinating facts about my town:

1. I had assumed that the name was Native American (Seminole or Missisoukie perhaps). No, it is Car-a-Mat spelled backwards. All there once was here was a drive-through carwash. No kidding (at least that's what I heard).

2. An irreverant tourguide book labeled our town of many retirees: "Dead plus 10."

So, do I win the off-topic post award or not?! ;)

[The title of this post is meant to be sung to tune of a German Christmas carol about the tree you trim at this time of year.]

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Oh, you're a northerner.;) I'm down in Broward County, in a town called Tamarac (western suburb of Fort Lauderdale). Two fascinating facts about my town:

1. I had assumed that the name was Native American (Seminole or Missisoukie perhaps). No, it is Car-a-Mat spelled backwards. All there once was here was a drive-through carwash. No kidding (at least that's what I heard).

2. An irreverant tourguide book labeled our town of many retirees: "Dead plus 10."

So, do I win the off-topic post award or not?! ;)

[The title of this post is meant to be sung to tune of a German Christmas carol about the tree you trim at this time of year.]

LMAO...Your absolutely OFF THE CHAIN, this week Don!!!!
Happy Holidays...
BTW I would think you would join in on our Ho Ho Ho contest with an entry or two...Im Guessin you could win some of the Xotic giveaways although the prizes have not been disclosed as of yet!!!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
LMAO...Your absolutely OFF THE CHAIN, this week Don!!!!
Happy Holidays...
BTW I would think you would join in on our Ho Ho Ho contest with an entry or two...Im Guessin you could win some of the Xotic giveaways although the prizes have not been disclosed as of yet!!!

I'm only a reporter, Drew. Oh, did you mean my little song? That was just the Christmas spirit!

I'll take a look at the contest. Problem is, whenever I try to be funny...8-o:oops:.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
P.S. It is next to impossible to NOT learn something from a DonDaBoomVape Illustrated Guide...seriously!

Ed

Oh, please don't be serious when reading anything of mine! My prose (or is it prosaic?) is intended to instill a song in your heart:) ... and to lull you to sleep, of course.:sleep:

But if we must be serious (i.e., sincere): I truly do appreciate your praise. Thank you, Ed!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
TB = TropicalBob :lol:

Of course!* But don't forget Sun Vaporer and MaryKay (and many others).

Actually the only ECF Floridian (or from any state) that I've met in person is CyberWolf; we live in neighboring towns and joined in on a couple Heaven Gifts orders.

*[I may have repressed thinking about TB; we're up for the same award.:D Although that's moot really. I'm sure it's between Mooby (a dominant presence here) and she-who-must-not-be-named (a dominant presence at the forum-which-must-not-be-named). But if Bob (or Mooby or Sp....) wins, no one will applaud more loudly than I. I truly feel honored just to have been nominated. I really didn't see that coming.]

Viv Savage

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hi Don,

This post is awesome and I just LOVE your writing :) ...count me as yet another in the long line of readers who count your Wonderful World of Vaping guide as a must-read-must-bookmark. But the reason you're finally hearing from me now is that I have been reading about e-cigs for 3 months now, and this is the first post I've come across that fully articulates what differentiates a 510 from other models.

I bought my first e-cig 2 weeks after discovering the existence of electronic cigarettes, which miraculously occurred 9 days after quitting analogs (so to say I was anxious to get one fast would be an understatement). I only mention this because, as a result of this expediency, I was vaping my first e-cig before I had discovered most of the models that exist out there... including the 510, 901, 401, and KR808D-1. (Gee, you can probably guess what model I have in less than 3 tries ;) ) I am very happy with my e-cig, by the way... it serves me perfectly :), and as we all know that is the most important thing. Still, like most all of us who frequent this forum, I am trying to become an informed ambassador of vaping... and the more I passionately spread the word to curious tobacco smokers, the more informed I want to be, especially when it comes to guiding those who want to try vaping in choosing the model that will most likely be the best for them. That said, unlike a lot of people who frequent this forum, I am not prepared to try all of these different models myself... so I read and read and read, and try to determine what makes each of these models unique. I just want to know :confused:.

Well, as much as I have read the FAQ's, the Newbie guides, the model-specific sub-forums, I have been unable to find much more beyond size differences. I would then read posts with titles such as "Why I Love My 510" or "510 vs. 901", etc... and all I tend to find are comments such as "My 510 rocks!" or "901's rule!" with little rhyme or reason as to why... not to mention contrary opinions on vapor production and throat hit.

So thank you for finally providing me with some insight into The 510. I really appreciate your detailed specifics, your entertaining style, and most of all, the supreme effort you put into your columns (yes, columns! "posts" would be an insult! ;) ).

And even though I acknowledge the supreme effort it takes to compile, write, and aesthetically present all of this material... I selfishly hope there will be more! :pop:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Viv, the reason "you're finally hearing from me," is simply that I haven't checked in on this thread for awhile. Sorry about that.

Thank you for your in-depth words of praise and for sharing with all of us the beginnings of your journey! Although you challenge the reader to read between the lines to "guess what model [you] have in less than 3 tries.";) My guess (based entirely on your signature) is that you started with the Volcano (which you discovered outside of ECF and which you were not satisfied with) and now you are using a Kr8 from another supplier (and are very happy with it). That is a well-regarded supplier. However, subsequent to your post, I hope you learned who the best overall supplier is, not only for the 510, but also for your Kr8.

As for your "hope there will be more," recently it has been in bite-sized chunks, such as in the "Ask The Experts" and "Where can I get a .......?" forums. And in 2010...?

Viv Savage

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Viv, the reason "you're finally hearing from me," is simply that I haven't checked in on this thread for awhile. Sorry about that.

No problem, Don, and no apologies necessary! You're a very popular contributor, not to mention the fact that I caught you right on the heels of your Vapy win... CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbs: I can only assume you had many After Parties and Vapy Balls to attend. :cool: Seriously, a well-deserved acknowledgment for your efforts!

Although you challenge the reader to read between the lines to "guess what model [you] have in less than 3 tries.";) My guess (based entirely on your signature) is that you started with the Volcano (which you discovered outside of ECF and which you were not satisfied with) and now you are using a Kr8 from another supplier (and are very happy with it).

That is too funny... I'm afraid I would never bother issuing a challenge while providing the very answer on the same page. :lol: (That would be an insult to you!) I actually added my equipment to my signature after I posted my comment (and apparently it gets retroactively updated in all threads - good to know!).

But I was talking about the Volcano when I said:
I am very happy with my e-cig, by the way... it serves me perfectly :), and as we all know that is the most important thing.
Yes, I did discover Volcano outside of ECF. And I just so happened to win my "ultimate" Kr8 starter kit on a contest right here on ECF. And yes indeedy, I love my Kr8, and do feel it outperforms the Volcano in just about every way. (I wrote a very lengthy review elsewhere... then again, I am verbose as much as I appreciate the quality in others ;)) However, I do feel my super-mini has its pros (primarily as a travel companion)... case in point: that was my PV of choice on New Years Eve. I have also written exhaustive threads on my own personal story, but in short, as a zero nicotine vaper, my modest requirements are well served by the Volcano... it does an excellent job for a little guy, and while this is a 510 thread, I still want to defend its honor as a PV. :thumb: (But damn, that Kr8 just blows it out of the water!! :D)

However, subsequent to your post, I hope you learned who the best overall supplier is, not only for the 510, but also for your Kr8.

Noted. ;)

As for your "hope there will be more," recently it has been in bite-sized chunks, such as in the "Ask The Experts" and "Where can I get a .......?" forums. And in 2010...?

If you mean from other members, ahh, I'll wait for you to get bored and write another model-specific trope. If you mean you have written bite-sized chunks in those forums, I'll go a-looking, thanks!

Thanks for your reply, Don, and Happy New Year! Wishing you a great 2010! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread