The Fail Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
I'm one of those people who sees all these cool mods people make, and wants to either do the same, or recreate what he sees. I'm usually fine at getting holes drilled, and I'm pretty good at getting a nice layout for everything. Once I go to solder anything that needs soldering in the box I'm prone to burning/melting the side of the box, so I get nice boxes with big divits on one side. I've had a few times where I get everything put together only to find out the connector has a permanent short reading in the mega ohms. I can never get the window for DVI's to look right, I've ruined a few mods and batteries via glue.

So after cooling down after a few hours wasted I told my Wife I was just going to make a fail box if I couldn't get my next mod right. So here I am lol. The fail box is wooden so it wont melt, simple so I don't have too much to mess up, and big so I'm not working around the box to make everything fit...when I say big I mean it's on the verge of unwieldy for the car, but it is made for travel.

When I started this mod it was based solely off one feature I wanted, I had recently bought a 26650 battery that I really really wanted to use, so I found I had no flashlights and only one smallish box that would fit one. A modded X-Acto kit case I hadn't used in some time.

IMG_20120126_091811.jpg

Once I got an idea for how to do the electronics I quickly took care of that, and had to figure out what to do with the rest of the space I had. Those of you who know me will also know that I have something of a knack for finding/making things into cases for my gear, so I put my main strength to use in making a mod.

The Fail Box

IMG_20120412_212326.jpg

The Fail Box is very classy

IMG_20120412_212334.jpg

You'll be the envy of all your vaping friends,
and a few who don't vape.

IMG_20120412_212410.jpg

It has some decent built in storage,
with the right set up it could literally
go for a week or two on it's own.

IMG_20120412_212234.jpg

The Fail Box, by TommyG

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Hope, you dont mind: I put your pictures to my small russian-speaking e-cig forum. Very nice and funny design :)

About the switch - good decision, it looks strange with the red button. Anyway, this is The Fail Box, so...
What about a leather lanyard? :lol:
My friend suggested to add a solar cell to the mod :)

Last edited:

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
What about a leather lanyard? :lol:
My friend suggested to add a solar cell to the mod :)

If I were to put a lanyard on it would be a small shoulder strap lol, and a solar cell would be hilarious.

I think it's great someone got a kick out of this besides me, and feel free to post it wherever.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
Reading this thread was definitely the best thing I've done in what was otherwise a fairly crappy day. :D

That thing is friggin' awesome! It's a carry case that you can vape with! I've got to add that to my list, now.

You should seriously post that in this thread, too:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...how-do-you-carry-your-device-post-pics-8.html

Seriously. :2cool: Great post, and great job. I agree with the sentiment about the sleek and shiny button, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread