The Fail Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

P1NkY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Planet Earth
Digital-Dragon said it; that "Fail" box is most definitely full of WIN!

+1 on the flat button (nice!)
+1 artwork on it would be way cool!

Kinda crazy idea I just got lookin at it... Why not make a 2 or 3 foot "510 male to female extension cord" so you can pocket the box, sling it over your shoulder (LOL) or just put it on the table and vape off that! Sorta like a pass through... When you don't need or want to use it, just pack it up in the mod itself!

TommyG, that is just about the coolest fail I've ever witnessed; congratulations and thanks for sharing it with us!

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
Digital-Dragon said it; that "Fail" box is most definitely full of WIN!

+1 on the flat button (nice!)
+1 artwork on it would be way cool!

Kinda crazy idea I just got lookin at it... Why not make a 2 or 3 foot "510 male to female extension cord" so you can pocket the box, sling it over your shoulder (LOL) or just put it on the table and vape off that! Sorta like a pass through... When you don't need or want to use it, just pack it up in the mod itself!

TommyG, that is just about the coolest fail I've ever witnessed; congratulations and thanks for sharing it with us!

Funny you mention this, I've actually thought about doing something like that with an RCA cable/plug. The biggest problem with it is that the button would have to be constantly pressed, and the end of the cable would need a button to make it work.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
So I decided to make a nicer looking slimmed down version of the fail box, and thanks to a great suggestion I've been calling this the Nomad (kinda like the sega nomad, all huge and ment to be for travel purposes?). She sports two 18650 batters in parallel for about 6000 mAH of vape time, and carries about 8 cartos with oversized drip tips.

IMG_20120424_172339.jpg IMG_20120424_172357.jpg

P1NkY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Planet Earth
Funny you mention this, I've actually thought about doing something like that with an RCA cable/plug. The biggest problem with it is that the button would have to be constantly pressed, and the end of the cable would need a button to make it work.

Oh, yeah. Silly of me, lol! I guess you could add a "port" wired directly to the battery and plug in a small 510 passthrough in there, but it does kinda defeat teh purpose, yup.

So I decided to make a nicer looking slimmed down version of the fail box, and thanks to a great suggestion I've been calling this the Nomad (kinda like the sega nomad, all huge and ment to be for travel purposes?). She sports two 18650 batters in parallel for about 6000 mAH of vape time, and carries about 8 cartos with oversized drip tips.

Lol, yeah, the Nomad was kind of unwieldy (although very cool in its time, I sooo wanted one)!
It was a compact compared to my old Atari Lynx (version 1), which looked like a small skateboard or something, lmao!
We've come a looooong way in portable gaming, haven't we?

Back on topic:
Your Nomad v2.0 PV is killer! Did you fabricate the box? I LOVE the switch, BTW!

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
If you put theBatteries on the bottom with 4 in parellel you could keep the weight low and help stabilize it for standing on end. Insert the electronics and switch in the top. Storage in the center. Do you mind if I use sone of your design and build one of my own?

Have at it, I'm still playing with ways to set this up. I'm going to build a nicer version of the original next, and have been playing around with the idea of a box like this that uses the cable idea. It would only work with the cable though.

EatnBullets

Apr 27, 2012
Florida
Have at it, I'm still playing with ways to set this up. I'm going to build a nicer version of the original next, and have been playing around with the idea of a box like this that uses the cable idea. It would only work with the cable though.

Use a plug RCA type to the box and the other has a 510 connection and switch. Put a power on/off inside where the cable stores.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
It was about time for an update on the good ole fail box, this thing has seriously become my hands down favorite PV :vapor:. It goes with me to work every day, on every errand I run, I pack it when my wife and I are heading to the living room for dinner/TV. So what do you do with your favorite PV when you were the one who built it, and you built it in a rush the first time? You build it better of course. :2cool:

The rusty cannon of a button has been replaced with a really slick ultra flat 0.86" stainless steel button that wont accidentally fire when I set the box down on it. The only thing more I could ask of this button was that it was clicky :laugh:, or at least nicer to press, but really I like the button.

I've changed the battery from the space hog that was the 26650 to two 18650's in parallel, from 4000mAH to 6200mAH:vapor:. While I've lost the small space that was next to the battery I've gained all the space opposite the battery in the lid, as it is no longer holding a battery down.

:evil:
With the revamping of everything I felt the need to reorganize how everything fit in here. The stiff old elastic has been replaced with some nice stretchy slim elastic, and has been stretched across to hold carto's horizontally instead of diagonally. It easily holds 10 cartos with drip tips, and can sport 3 tanks, or a set of backup batteries (just in case you need another week of vape time?), or juice bottles as big as 10 ml (3 of them).

Pictures, i know:
Front View
nwjwhy.jpg

Side View, Ultra Flat Button
2n72j2o.jpg

Open Front, Carto's Visible
2me3klg.jpg

Fail Box Filled to the Brim
amzcd4.jpg

:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Hope you enjoy, I love working on this thing lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread