The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Chinese companies are notorious for selling fake batteries. Usually pulled laptop batteries and re-wrapped and sold as new. I wouldn't trust any battery from FT or any other chinese vendor.
One of the last places that carried verifiable authentic VTC5's was FT, I've purchased over two dozen batteries from FT and 100% of them have been authentic with zero issues whatsoever.

You do realize with these batteries most of them are manufactured overseas, or the company at least has one overseas office for R&D or production. Samsung SDI is in Korea, LG Chem has Japan and China facilities, almost none of the batteries we have over here start over here. You're welcome to do things however you like, but I wouldn't ever discount FT for batteries personally, they have been a trusted source for me and many others. A few shady Chinese companies does not mean all Chinese companies are shady. Shady business practice is everywhere, especially the US.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I think you just have to be careful with the wording of the titles, and not just look at the pictures - not just on batteries, but on everything they sell. If it specifically states a brand name without the word "style" and the specs are right, I would be comfortable to trust it to be real. If it doesn't specifically state a brand but the pictures look exactly like an AW batt, it's probably a knockoff. With the quality of the other stuff I've gotten from FT, I just can't imagine them doing anything shady like rewrapping used batteries, etc. And they're so big that I can't see any of their vendors wanting to piss them off with shady products.

My only concern would be that FT tends to deal for bargains and volume discounts (that they can pass on to us), so the grades of the product they receive from their vendors may vary some (may not always be A++ grade), but even then, I'm OK with the occasional "very good" instead of "best of the best" quality. That's a fact of life for someone with my kind of budget. But keep in mind too that FT can sell them cheaper because their cost is cheaper - they don't have to pay for the huge shipping/import fees to get them from China (et al).

Last edited:

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
ah ok, i think ill try 4 of the samsungs then, im ordering a bunch of kanthal from them anyways. I'll see how it goes. Does anyone else have that mindset of "well im ordering 1 type of item from fasttech, might as well try to find other stuff to bulk together with this order :laugh:, so far I have ~300ft of kanthal, 50 of the battery wraps, and a 4 pack of the samsung batts. I'm trying to find some good lowprofile RDA's with big postholes, the mephisto and stillare v3/4 is th eonly ones I've found so far but the mephisto engravings are so horrdendous, and the stillare v3/4 posts are spot-welded and people seem to be having issues with the welds breaking off. Anyone got suggestions for a decent RDA with good postholes? I find a liking to simple type RDA's, I got 5 of the rogue RDA's from them last order, but the issues with those is postholes not big enough/me having to pinch the wires under the screws instead of thru postholes.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2073802 10x 10m kanthal
https://www.fasttech.com/products/2155601 50pack battery shrink tube wrap
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1628900 2pack sony vtc4
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1686801 2pack samsung 2500mah
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1943604 2x more smpl clones (cuz whats better than 2 backups, than 2 more backups?)

someone help me think of more things to add to my list :p im still 100$ under budget for this this month

come to think of it again, i think ill put that extra $100 into 3 liters of 6m 6mg unflavored nic vg and a few flavorings

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
ah ok, i think ill try 4 of the samsungs then, im ordering a bunch of kanthal from them anyways. I'll see how it goes. Does anyone else have that mindset of "well im ordering 1 type of item from fasttech, might as well try to find other stuff to bulk together with this order :laugh:, so far I have ~300ft of kanthal, 50 of the battery wraps, and a 4 pack of the samsung batts. I'm trying to find some good lowprofile RDA's with big postholes, the mephisto and stillare v3/4 is th eonly ones I've found so far but the mephisto engravings are so horrdendous, and the stillare v3/4 posts are spot-welded and people seem to be having issues with the welds breaking off. Anyone got suggestions for a decent RDA with good postholes? I find a liking to simple type RDA's, I got 5 of the rogue RDA's from them last order, but the issues with those is postholes not big enough/me having to pinch the wires under the screws instead of thru postholes.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2073802 10x 10m kanthal
https://www.fasttech.com/products/2155601 50pack battery shrink tube wrap
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1628900 2pack sony vtc4
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1686801 2pack samsung 2500mah
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1943604 2x more smpl clones (cuz whats better than 2 backups, than 2 more backups?)

someone help me think of more things to add to my list :p im still 100$ under budget for this this month

come to think of it again, i think ill put that extra $100 into 3 liters of 6m 6mg unflavored nic vg and a few flavorings

+100

I go there to get one maybe two things suddenly i have an $80 dollar paypal receipt lol

I been using fasttech for far longer then they have sold vaping gear. Bought many batteries there.

If anyone ever wondered they are a 30,000 sq foot warehouse on the pearl river, located dead center of the manufacturing district and in the path of all the main shipping channels, Many of the well known brands are produced within spitting distance, and thats how they can get bulk discounts. Takes longer to load and unload the trucks then to drive to fasttech's door

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Stunned... A couple iStick 50w skins, magnets for flat top batteries, and a phone holder for a bicycle... to be fair all were in stock or next day.

Arrived at USPS Facility COLUMBUS, OH 43218
April 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Processed Through Sort Facility
SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA
April 12, 2015 8:36 am

Acceptance CHINA
April 11, 2015 4:13 pm

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Stunned... A couple iStick 50w skins, magnets for flat top batteries, and a phone holder for a bicycle... to be fair all were in stock or next day.

Arrived at USPS Facility COLUMBUS, OH 43218
April 19, 2015 9:41 pm

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Processed Through Sort Facility
SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA
April 12, 2015 8:36 am

Acceptance CHINA
April 11, 2015 4:13 pm
I think i may just have you beat haha.Mine isn't in Columbus yet,it got to Chicago today,but it just left China a couple days ago.I placed the order the 16th,shipped 17th,and in Chicago the 20th,another couple days it should be in my hands.
Tracking_zpsyfnvraai.jpg

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
One of the last places that carried verifiable authentic VTC5's was FT, I've purchased over two dozen batteries from FT and 100% of them have been authentic with zero issues whatsoever.

You do realize with these batteries most of them are manufactured overseas, or the company at least has one overseas office for R&D or production. Samsung SDI is in Korea, LG Chem has Japan and China facilities, almost none of the batteries we have over here start over here. You're welcome to do things however you like, but I wouldn't ever discount FT for batteries personally, they have been a trusted source for me and many others. A few shady Chinese companies does not mean all Chinese companies are shady. Shady business practice is everywhere, especially the US.

Chinese and Korean/Japanese made are VERY different.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Just because it was purchased from a store in China doesn't mean it was MADE in China. And sometimes Korean/Japanese stuff isn't made in Korea/Japan. Sometimes it's made in Mexico. Sometimes it is made in China. Just sayin'. You are by no means obligated to buy your batts from FT - just maybe don't lump them in with the shady Chinese companies out there that you shouldn't buy batts from.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Just because it was purchased from a store in China doesn't mean it was MADE in China. And sometimes Korean/Japanese stuff isn't made in Korea/Japan. Sometimes it's made in Mexico. Sometimes it is made in China. Just sayin'. You are by no means obligated to buy your batts from FT - just maybe don't lump them in with the shady Chinese companies out there that you shouldn't buy batts from.

i was lumping em in there from some of the reviews, there were a few batts where I checked the review and they said they received them discharged and unable to charge em. Also, I think its sort of fair to be skeptical, i mean fasttech sells a bunch of clones and ripoffs, some good some bad. Their kanthal is kinda sketchy too, some lsited as both kanthal and nichrome etc, but once I learned how to read through their horrible description/listing, you can see that it was most likely a mistake from inexperience and not the intentional 'mischevious' type of scamming. I for one believe fasttech saying 'authentic' type of gear, and once I was able to sort through the categories and able to find some 18650s there that were authentic and got good reviews i plan on making an order of batteries. It just seems like FT has its own learning proccess of shopping. Never stated they were a shady company btw, just read some bad reviews on the 18650 batts i looked under e-cigs, only got a few unlabeled search results from there, but once I learned the real 18650s were in a different category i feel safer ordering them.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
i was lumping em in there from some of the reviews, there were a few batts where I checked the review and they said they received them discharged and unable to charge em. Also, I think its sort of fair to be skeptical, i mean fasttech sells a bunch of clones and ripoffs, some good some bad. Their kanthal is kinda sketchy too, some lsited as both kanthal and nichrome etc, but once I learned how to read through their horrible description/listing, you can see that it was most likely a mistake from inexperience and not the intentional 'mischevious' type of scamming. I for one believe fasttech saying 'authentic' type of gear, and once I was able to sort through the categories and able to find some 18650s there that were authentic and got good reviews i plan on making an order of batteries. It just seems like FT has its own learning proccess of shopping. Never stated they were a shady company btw, just read some bad reviews on the 18650 batts i looked under e-cigs, only got a few unlabeled search results from there, but once I learned the real 18650s were in a different category i feel safer ordering them.
Oops, sorry, Alice - I was addressing the post above mine, and what he was replying to. :blush:

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I think i may just have you beat haha.Mine isn't in Columbus yet,it got to Chicago today,but it just left China a couple days ago.I placed the order the 16th,shipped 17th,and in Chicago the 20th,another couple days it should be in my hands.
I'm just glad to have a black silicone sleeve to cover the Wife's fushia (pink) iStick that she had to have but never uses. Mine now...
45686e68f8a8fb53432cdfe04248621d.jpg

Reactions: MTM

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
I started this thread (along with part one) but haven't been here for while but I am 2 years cigarette free about now. 22 months of that has been exclusively thanks to FT. I sit here on my FT VTR rocking an FT Taifun GS built with FT wick and FT wire vaping Hangsen raspberry whilst counting the £1000 ($1500) I have saved in the last 12 months compared to what my smoking costs would have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread