The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Everyone gripes about shipping from China, I ordered from Cali on the 5th, shipped 6th, and then just bounced around Cali, no idea when I am getting it (just a K1 to try).

Departed USPS Origin Facility

Jul-11-15, 21:45 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

DEPART USPS SORT FACILITY

Jul-11-15, 10:00 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY

Jul-11-15, 00:40 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Jul-10-15, 23:33 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Jul-10-15, 13:42 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Jul-10-15, 12:39 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Jul-07-15, 01:02 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90052

Jul-06-15, 21:59 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90052

Jul-06-15, 21:53 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90052

ACCEPTED AT USPS FACILITY 10

Jul-06-15, 20:53 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90052

ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE

Jul-06-15, 20:38 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90035

Order Confirmed

Jul-06-15, 21:55 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90035

SHIPPING LABEL CREATED

Jul-06-15, 08:43 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90035

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle

In my experience the non-authentic coil heads had some problems like smaller air holes, different wicking, softer metal ... things like that which you might not notice unless you saw them side by side but, although not totally worthless they still were not as good at the authentics

Reactions: Vapntime

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Everyone gripes about shipping from China, I ordered from Cali on the 5th, shipped 6th, and then just bounced around Cali, no idea when I am getting it (just a K1 to try).

Departed USPS Origin Facility

Jul-11-15, 21:45 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

DEPART USPS SORT FACILITY

Jul-11-15, 10:00 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Jul-11-15, 00:40 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Jul-10-15, 23:33 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Jul-10-15, 13:42 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Jul-10-15, 12:39 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90009

Jul-07-15, 01:02 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90052

Jul-06-15, 21:59 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90052

Jul-06-15, 21:53 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90052

ACCEPTED AT USPS FACILITY 10

Jul-06-15, 20:53 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90052

ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE

Jul-06-15, 20:38 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90035

Order Confirmed

Jul-06-15, 21:55 PM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90035

SHIPPING LABEL CREATED

Jul-06-15, 08:43 AM, LOS ANGELES, CA 90035
Yikes, that sucks, Burnie. :eek:
I dunno what's going in on down there. I AM in Cali and can't figure out why my orders from OoO Flavors (also in Cali) takes almost as long as my FT orders do. I remember the old days when I used to order parts and stuff from Los Angeles and I'd get them the next day. Guess those days are long gone. :(

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Yikes, that sucks, Burnie. :eek:
I dunno what's going in on down there. I AM in Cali and can't figure out why my orders from OoO Flavors (also in Cali) takes almost as long as my FT orders do. I remember the old days when I used to order parts and stuff from Los Angeles and I'd get them the next day. Guess those days are long gone. :(
If I order from in state, normally get it the day after it ships, 2 tops. From Cali, it is normally 3 days from there to Fla, then one more once it gets to Fla, which would get me anything I order on the weekend by Fri, Sat at the latest. But this last order just has me befuzzled, no idea what USPS is doing with it. Nothing I am dying for, but still there is really no excuse for that tracking mess.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
It's no wonder that the USPS is loosing money. I just had vape mail go from Philadelphia to Seattle on its way to NY.
They claim they are saving money by routing through different sort facilities,i don't know how running a package way out of the way is saving money but ok haha.They have been doing this to alot of my orders since January of this year.My orders from China used to go from China to Chicago,then straight from Chicago to my post office in Columbus.Now though,they run them all over the place,from Chicago they go to either South Dakota or i had 1 go to Missouri,then my last one went to both haha,from Chicago to S. Dakota to Missouri then to my post office.Neither of those states is anywhere between Illinois and Ohio haha.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
They claim they are saving money by routing through different sort facilities,i don't know how running a package way out of the way is saving money but ok haha.They have been doing this to alot of my orders since January of this year.My orders from China used to go from China to Chicago,then straight from Chicago to my post office in Columbus.Now though,they run them all over the place,from Chicago they go to either South Dakota or i had 1 go to Missouri,then my last one went to both haha,from Chicago to S. Dakota to Missouri then to my post office.Neither of those states is anywhere between Illinois and Ohio haha.
That's like driving 50 miles to save $2 on a jar of pickles. :laugh:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That's like driving 50 miles to save $2 on a jar of pickles. :laugh:
Haha,yeah whoever is in charge of making the money saving decisions for the usps has their head somewhere where it shouldn't be haha.At first,i thought ok,it kinda makes sense,then i realized the more weight you carry,the more gas you use,so even a small package getting routed all around the country is going to add to the fuel usage so how is that saving money haha.It seems like sending through the shortest route possible would be the best option,but i don't work for them so i guess my input doesn't matter haha.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
It's no wonder that the USPS is loosing money. I just had vape mail go from Philadelphia to Seattle on its way to NY.
I'm right near Chicago. I had an item in Chicago from fasttech, then it went to Missouri before it finally came back to me. I've only had this happen with Fasttech which is weird.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I'm right near Chicago. I had an item in Chicago from fasttech, then it went to Missouri before it finally came back to me. I've only had this happen with Fasttech which is weird.
Wow,and i thought mine was bad,at least i'm in a different state haha.Although the sort facilities here do the same thing all the time,i have had several packages that were from here in the states get to my sort facilty which is less than 20 minutes from me,then they will either send it to another city in state that is 100 miles from here,or they will send it to Kentucky,then that sort facilty sends it back to my local one before it gets to my post office haha.Is it any wonder they are losing money.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Haha,yeah whoever is in charge of making the money saving decisions for the usps has their head somewhere where it shouldn't be haha.At first,i thought ok,it kinda makes sense,then i realized the more weight you carry,the more gas you use,so even a small package getting routed all around the country is going to add to the fuel usage so how is that saving money haha.It seems like sending through the shortest route possible would be the best option,but i don't work for them so i guess my input doesn't matter haha.

i think all mail is sent by air anymore. Remember those cheap late night red eye flights - those were USPS mail runs. The seats were cheap because the flt was already paid for with mail. I don't know what they are doing now but I don't doubt that USPS is still moving mail by air and routing has more to do with flight routes than highways.

USPS isn't a federal agency. They also weren't loosing money under normal conditions that competitiors operate under. That whole thing was a screwed up deal. I didn't realize UPS and FedEX hired lobbyists until the bill in CA appeared and both UPS and FedEX sent people to support age verification upon delivery (more money for them). UPS really sux where I live. I'm in a world of hurt without USPS (they shut down 1/3 of the po's here).

Last edited:
Reactions: cindycated

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
While I do appreciate good sound (without making more of it than that), I think some audiophiles tend towards being fanatics. Nothing wrong with passion, tho.

There's a funny little story of a blind test of the sound quality coming through a Monster cable vs that of a coat hanger. Guess how it goes....

I'm not worried about the picture quality of the cable. As you point out it's digital anyway. However I was a bit hesitant as it will be used on a monitor mounted on a flexible arm - and will move around a lot. Will just have to make sure the connectors don't get a lot of tension.

Q8 Mini Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker w/ Microphone, fasttech, $19.80

D501 Portable 3.5mm Jack Bluetooth Bass Speaker with Answering Phones Function, fasttech, $36.19

I'm stuck with a dumb phone (with a lot of features). Can't afford smart phone plans, but thanks. That's where I got the one I have (Sony Aino). :)

I'm a non-hi-fi junkie so bear with me. People that are into that waste alot of money but I waste alot on vape gear so we all have our hangups.

I heard HDMI is digital and digital either work or it doesn't. Not different grades but pass/fail.

When I heard that bit I quit buying the high dollar cables and get mine at Harbor Freight or Big Lots. Honestly for one million dollars I couldn't tell you which one s are which by looking at the picture or hearing the sound alone.

HDMI is HDMI and cable has resistance (shorter is better) but that is not the issue. The difference with quality are the connections and if they are poor, they can introduce static or just plain not work or worse, do damage to existing connections. That's true for all cable connections. HDMI pins, micro USB and 3.5 audio plugs are known to be fussy. They are a PITA expensive to fix on a piece of hardware.

I have the G3 and LOVE it. Best phone of the decade IMO but I'm rarely using it for a phone anymore. It's my TV (Droid TV and Showbox), radio, mp3 player and excellent, fast camera. The speakers are loud and I can usually find a signal anywhere. This phone replaces my computer (almost). It seems to be totally open. The only restriction has been using it as a hotspot and that comes from my carrier (there is a work around, I just haven't done it yet).

Those blue tooth speaker prices can be matched with Amazon specials (Bday sale coming up Weds and Walmart plans to undercut it). The biggest different is that most of FT's blue tooth speakers allowed an SD card and few of them on Amazon offer that. One problem with pllaying off a card with FT is that there are few controls over what is playing. That may be fine for some people. I've been looking at blue tooth speakers and trying to figure out if it'd be worth it to me. I've got a pair of mini Radio Shack speakers that must be 10yrs old now that put out a surprisingly good sound.

Sprint came out with a lease phone plan that was tempting and included unlimited data (I'm heavy on data). Good news about their plans is they grandfather them in wthout raising rates. I'm on an old unlimited plan they discontinued a long, long time ago. I will die on that plan ($30). The lease plan made me think twice since I couldn't really afford a new phone at the time (but figured something else out). With Sprint, it pays to talk to more than one person to figure out the best rate. That maybe true for other carriers as well. They do their best to confuse with plan pricing.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
UPS really sux where I live. I'm in a world of hurt without USPS (they shut down 1/3 of the po's here).
I haven't dealt with UPS alot,maybe 10-15 times in 20 years,but they been pretty good the times i have dealt with them,with the exception of 1 time when i ordered a welder,and they damaged it within 5 minutes of picking it up from the dealer haha.For the most part,USPS is pretty good around here too,with the exception of our local po.I have lived where i am now for just over 2 years,and have had 5 packages either lost or delivered to god knows where.The most recent was about 2 weeks ago,i checked tracking and it said it was delivered,but it was not delivered to my house.I questioned our mail carrier the next day,and the only response i got was "oops",we used to have a very good carrier,i don't know if he got transferred or quit or whatever,but his replacement is a joke.I hate to report problems with people,knowing it could get them into trouble,but i reported that one.it never fails,it has usually been packages that don't offer insurance such as international from China that are the ones that get lost,so i just get screwed on them.

Reactions: aikanae1

javyn

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
houston
Tell us about the DominusFecit.
It's been on my wish list for too long.

Finally came in. I had about an hour of vape time on it last night. Used it with my Aqua V2 and the 510 top cap (haven't tried hybrid mode yet). Wow! This thing is a BEAST. Hits very hard, harder than my Launcher V2, and almost as hard as my copper Nemesis. I didn't expect a side button mod like the Fecit to hit so hard.

Still have yet to try the copper Pegasus.

Played with the Tesla BioMech too a little...it's a prettier Launcher that has a lockable switch. Only problem, the floating 510 pin does not float. It's really lodged in there good. I screwed in one of my atties with a long 510 pin to force it out, but I'll need a hammer to get it back in there so it makes contact with my shorter pinned atomizers. I may have to force that pin out of there completely, and use a file to file away some of the delrin's inner diameter so the pin doesn't sit so tight in there.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I had a problem with someone hacking my credit card the one time I bought from Fast Tech. I was just wondering what methods everyone here uses for this site.
I do have a Paypal account linked to my checking account. Is that safe?
I've heard bad things happening with that more than once. A linked credit card gets hacked for a certain large amount. When that gets maxed out, PayPal accesses the linked checking account to retrieve the balance without your knowledge, then all of the sudden bill checks start bouncing. I use PayPal, but I don't have a checking account linked to it. For convenience, you could open a separate checking account with a small balance for online purchases, then link that, instead of your main checking.

Reactions: DavidOck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread