The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Got mine yesterday :p
2016-07-15%2001.42.15_zpsnbzgoyma.jpg

Bah! Still, better a day early than a day late. The brushed looks really good. It's meant to be part of my prepper stash, but looks nice enough to be in daily rotation.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
Does anyone know how long it takes for a gift certificate to hit your account from an item cancelled on an order?

I have my Pico/Crown coil/Triton Mini glass order sitting as I might as well use the $10 they owe me.
Gift certificates will be available instantly after cancellation. Refunds to your credit card takes a few days.

Reactions: DavidOck

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Gift certificates will be available instantly after cancellation. Refunds to your credit card takes a few days.
That's what I thought from past purchases. I paid with CC this time (vs PayPal) and asked for the refund to be put thru as a GC. Maybe it can't be done as it has been all day and no GC.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
That's what I thought from past purchases. I paid with CC this time (vs PayPal) and asked for the refund to be put thru as a GC. Maybe it can't be done as it has been all day and no GC.

They had an issue a while back where someone had been able to access their system and grab other peoples GC from credit cards refunds and order items to be sent elsewhere. They started some new process for GC from credit cards to stop that. I've only used paypal there and it still gets instant GC. If you paid with CC it may take another day or two to get your GC.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois

I paid for an order, once, using my credit card. I asked for a refund, by gift cert. In about a week, I got a refund by credit card.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
PayPal is an overnight settlement of funds so FT probably gets their money in 1-2 days tops. International purchases with regular CC's takes more time for settlement. I'm not sure how long but at least 3-4 days. It typically takes 2 business days for settlement on a US-US purchase. That could be why it takes time for a refund but just an educated guess.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
PayPal is an overnight settlement of funds so FT probably gets their money in 1-2 days tops. International purchases with regular CC's takes more time for settlement. I'm not sure how long but at least 3-4 days. It typically takes 2 business days for settlement on a US-US purchase. That could be why it takes time for a refund but just an educated guess.
I think it's much faster for CC.
My last order from China (3fvape) was on Sandy, July 17. A few hours later payment was accepted. So, just 1-3 hours for processing (I checked in 3 hours, so I do not know exact time of acceptance).
07/18/2016 Shipped
07/17/2016 Payment accepted

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I paid for an order, once, using my credit card. I asked for a refund, by gift cert. In about a week, I got a refund by credit card.

I had one screw up by them on a recent order. Placed it the end of June. By July 4th, it was still siting awaiting fulfillment, so I cancelled it, figuring I'd get a GC to use that day anyway. Popup states they can't issue a GC and will credit my cc back. By July 10th, still no credit so I opened a ticket, got a reply on July 15th the credit was issued and to wait another several days. finally showed up on the 18th, but was dated as issued the 15th. I feel like if I hadn't opened the ticket, I would never have seen that credit back. Accidents happen, and they address it, but given all the stockpiling shopping of late, it's easy to miss a receipt or a credit in the mess.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I think it's much faster for CC.
My last order from China (3fvape) was on Sandy, July 17. A few hours later payment was accepted. So, just 1-3 hours for processing (I checked in 3 hours, so I do not know exact time of acceptance).
07/18/2016 Shipped
07/17/2016 Payment accepted

I was referring to the refund processing times. A shipped purchase is different. To refund money FT is probably making sure they get the money first before giving it back. Your shipment went out in 24 hours but 3F doesn't actually get the money for a few days from the processing batch settlement.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I was referring to the refund processing times. A shipped purchase is different. To refund money FT is probably making sure they get the money first before giving it back. Your shipment went out in 24 hours but 3F doesn't actually get the money for a few days from the processing batch settlement.
Sorry. My mistake.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I made my first Fast Tech order on July 15, and because I didn't realize I had ordered something that was out of stock, it didn't ship until July 27. Based on the tracking info below, would someone please give me your best estimate about when you think my order will be delivered to me in Dallas?

Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
  • First-Class Package International Service
Features:
    • Small Packets

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

July 28, 2016 , 7:51 pm

Processed Through Facility

BEIJING EMS, CHINA

July 27, 2016 , 11:25 pm

Acceptance

CHINA

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I made my first Fast Tech order on July 15, and because I didn't realize I had ordered something that was out of stock, it didn't ship until July 27. Based on the tracking info below, would someone please give me your best estimate about when you think my order will be delivered to me in Dallas?

Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
  • First-Class Package International Service
Features:
    • Small Packets

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

July 28, 2016 , 7:51 pm

Processed Through Facility

BEIJING EMS, CHINA

July 27, 2016 , 11:25 pm

Acceptance

CHINA
Good chance to get it in a week. But waiting for 2-3 weeks is possible also. Depends a lot on customs.

My current order from China (3fvape) was processed in Beijing on 2016-07-22 (whatever it means) and still sitting in Chicago customs:

ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS), Processed Through Facility, Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 10:42 am on July 27, 2016.

2016-07-22 05:24
CHINA, BEIJING EMS, Processed Through Facility

2016-07-20 22:49

CHINA, Acceptance

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
In a few days, you'll get a notice about which city it landed in to clear customs. How long that will take is unknown. For me it's been a day, but folks of late are noticing a longer delay through US customs.

Thanks Eskie!

Given that 8/8 is just around the corner, and it's a large order, I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Good chance to get it in a week. But waiting for 2-3 weeks is possible also. Depends a lot on customs.

My current order from China (3fvape) was processed in Beijing on 2016-07-22 (whatever it means) and still sitting in Chicago customs:

ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS), Processed Through Facility, Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 10:42 am on July 27, 2016.

2016-07-22 05:24
CHINA, BEIJING EMS, Processed Through Facility

CHINA, Acceptance

Thanks! I'd love to have it in a week. What does it mean when a package is processed? Does it just mean, they enter the package in their system to prepare it for shipment? It is being sent via e packet express if that is helpful. I hope your package is liberated from customs very soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread