The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I like these because they take AA batteries, which I order by the 100 for my business, so I always have a supply of AA batteries. :)
And, I'm the opposite. I only want to use li-ion batteries so I can just re-charge them. I hate regular batteries. They always seem to be dead.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
You can't leave us hanging like that. What's wrong with the iPhone screen replacement kit?
Mainly, it does not work - it does not respond to touch. Even if it worked, it did not include glued-on parts that were very difficult to harvest from the cracked display piece and it was vastly overpriced.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I found out the hard way (after ordering 2 lots of 5 other ones that were first recommended on another thread)...that they were tapered inside the sticking up plastic drip tip part on it...and as a result, they wouldn't take any drip tips except the squishy silicone ones that would then pop off too easily.
I apparently bought the same ones.

Reactions: ceeceeisme

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I apparently bought the same ones.

Yep, I'm sure many of us bought them, too. They were the first ones (unnamed person here) recommended when all the KF shorty posts were made on another thread. Later, different ones were recommended, and even later...still other ones were.
I even posted on that thread (after I got my 10 of those about 3 weeks later) about how no regular 510 drip tips fit them. Every person who responded to my post said theirs fit any tips they had! Well, apparently, those people had ordered some of the ones recommended later. So...lesson learned to the tune of $11+ for me. ;)

ETA: To make it even worse, I'd recommended the same ones to another member who wanted to try the KF shorty, after I'd ordered mine but hadn't received them yet. So...unfortunately, she has $5.54 worth of the useless ones now, too.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I even posted on that thread (after I got my 10 of those about 3 weeks later) about how no regular 510 drip tips fit them. Every person who responded to my post said theirs fit any tips they had!
That part that sticks up is meant to be the drip-tip. Built in. I got ripped off with them. Several were broken when I got them, and others broke soon after. I later found the ones with the short round driptip removable. Prefer to install a vase driptip matching the color. Old fashioned nemmy-using tootlepuffer here.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
That part that sticks up is meant to be the drip-tip. Built in. I got ripped off with them. Several were broken when I got them, and others broke soon after. I later found the ones with the short round driptip removable.

Yea, they call that the "built in drip tip", but the person who recommended them uses his own 510 drip tips on all of his bell caps! So, I figured mine would fit, too. I personally don't see how anyone could use just the built in one, since that puts your mouth closer to the coil than using a regular 510 drip tip. (IMO, I think he just accidentally "grabbed" the wrong SKU # and link and posted it, and lots of us ordered them. Was never any post it about it though.)

2 of my 10 that I got were also damaged. On 1 the whole top cap part broke off the first time I screwed it on. On another...there were chips gone around the bottom threading, so there'd be massive leakage. Was all around a bum deal!

I did find ones that are great though, and have loaded up on them in my stash. They have nothing sticking up, because the drip tip just goes in to the indention for it down in the bell cap. And...every single 510 drip tip fits them, and stays in!
:banana:

Last edited:

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
Correct me if I am wrong but aren't http://www.fasttech.com/product/4054200 and http://www.fasttech.com/products/3023/10009156/5925200 the same bell caps. I order the first one (got about 60 in the stash). If they are then the drip tip is removable and any drip tip will fit but it really needs a drip tip with 2 orings to fit tight. I ordered $5.19 POM 510 Drip Tip (10-Pack) - black / 21.5mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping in several colors so as to easily recognize what flavor is in each tank. The only problem I have had with mine is that after maybe a month, the plastic chimney breaks (that's after approximately a dozen builds). I've thrown away 9 or 10 maybe. I was looking the other day and measuring and it looks like the 16mm metal chimney base is a perfect replacement for the plastic chimney base. I just ordered a 10 pack of chimneys $13.25 Replacement Chimney for Kayfun (10-Pack) - stainless steel / ohm logo at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping for my 34mm Bell Caps so I will see how this idea works with the mini bell caps. BTW when I first received the mini Bell Caps I hated burning my lips with them because I too thought it was one solid piece until one day I was screwing the cap back onto the base holding the drip tip and it separated.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I am not in the least impressed with Fastech, I only shop there when I cannot find what I am looking for from local vendors. Quite a few of my friends still use the Ego II style vapes why? It beats me. Ok I was looking for a tank that I could not find elsewhere and to save on freight told my friends that I was ordering and asked them if they wanted anything. They wanted Kangartech T3D coils for their clearos. Ok I add that to my order 10 packets.

What do I get? 9 Packets of Kangartech T3S coils and one packet of T3D coils. The sticker on the packets the stock sticker was identical. I take a photo of the packet contents and send it with the sticker labels to FT via a ticket. A week latter I get a reply to post it back with a RMA number they gave me. I give them the cost of Postage and Packing. They want to argue that they will pay for postage only. I had to buy a special padded bag to send these back. Cost $4.50AUD. They refuse to pay for this. Further to this they said they would refund me for the purchase only after the goods arrived there in China.

Excuse me?

When I ordered from FT I had to pay in advance.

When I packed my returns I sent FT a photo of the parcel and the proof of postage given to me by my post office. The parcel is on the way to them by International Air Mail this service they specified as the cheapest. Ok, it will take about 3-4 weeks to get to them. In the meantime they refuse to refund me the purchase price and have use of my money. Sorry this is unacceptable. They know the parcel is on the way Tracking etc., They refuse to pay for packing $4.50 and I do not have the goods I ordered their mistake not mine as their store personel incorrectly labeled the product sent.

I open a PayPal dispute and the funds are frozen. Fast Tech start dancing a jig as they hate paypal disputes. They demand that I close it. No way for if I close it and they fail to refund me the total of my postage costs and the cost of the goods I cannot re open the dispute according to PayPal rules.

I escalate this to a Pay Pal claim, miracles happen all was refunded. Pay Pal know how to kick ..... I do not trust Fastech, as in 5 years of vaping I ordered 7 times from them and 3 times they got the order wrong and I am fed up with their....so sorry attitude.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I order the first one (got about 60 in the stash). If they are then the drip tip is removable and any drip tip will fit but it really needs a drip tip with 2 orings to fit tight. I ordered $5.19 POM 510 Drip Tip (10-Pack) - black / 21.5mm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping in several colors so as to easily recognize what flavor is in each tank. The only problem I have had with mine is that after maybe a month, the plastic chimney breaks (that's after approximately a dozen builds).
I didn't get those exact ones. But, they look the same. So, I went and tried again. You're right, the do come off. But, not all of them. A couple are so tight that I may have to break them to get them off. You're also right about how loose most drip tips fit in them.

So, I may get some use out of them after all. Thank you.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
The only driptips that I have that are loose and crappy were the glass vase ones. I've ordered many different styles from fasttech. For me they get loose over time. I assume the juice makes them sloppy as you can say. I took all the orings out of the tips, boiled some water then added the orings with a couple drops of dish soap into the hot water and gave them a good stirring. Poured into a colander, rinse then onto a dishtowel to dry. Washed all the driptips the same way to clean all the juice film and mouth cooties off and now the driptips snap back into place like they did when new. I assume the juice softens the orings and they become loose and pliable then begin not to be tight in the atty. Granted there are some tips that are crap to begin but its the tips that are used constantly that eventually not stick into place like they should need a bath once in a while.

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
The only driptips that I have that are loose and crappy were the glass vase ones. I've ordered many different styles from fasttech. For me they get loose over time. I assume the juice makes them sloppy as you can say. I took all the orings out of the tips, boiled some water then added the orings with a couple drops of dish soap into the hot water and gave them a good stirring. Poured into a colander, rinse then onto a dishtowel to dry. Washed all the driptips the same way to clean all the juice film and mouth cooties off and now the driptips snap back into place like they did when new. I assume the juice softens the orings and they become loose and pliable then begin not to be tight in the atty. Granted there are some tips that are crap to begin but its the tips that are used constantly that eventually not stick into place like they should need a bath once in a while.

You are basically correct, but on the particular Bell Caps being discussed most new drip tips will not work and absolutely none that have a single o ring. I had to measure the short drip tip with calipers and then search FTs site to find ones that worked.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
LOL! I was just looking at my rebate points, and it seems you have to be a bigger buyer than I am to make these things pay.
I generally leave reviews of items I buy. Only $0.15 per review but each review takes maybe a minute. I have done about 150 of them which is over $20.

Maybe not worth my time but I enjoy doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread