The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I've decided I will never buy anything from FT that costs more than $15, because if it sucks for whatever reason I wouldn't bother to deal with their horrific customer service.

Bartering is not an acceptable way to compensate customers for faulty merch.

The last sentence in your post would be good to include in any communication with them concerning a problem, I think.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well I had to do a return (not vape related item) that did not do what they said it would do. It was only a little over $24, but what it would not do was why I ordered it. I did a video (knew they would want one) showing their webpage, the instructions, then the item not able to do what they said it would do. First reply was that it works, would I keep it and take a $6 GC :facepalm: I nicely said it did not do as advertised and that was the reason I purchased it. Second reply was an RMA # and to send a copy of my shipping receipt (to Miami), and they would refund both once they get the item back. I think they did just fine on customer service. :)

I've decided I will never buy anything from FT that costs more than $15, because if it sucks for whatever reason I wouldn't bother to deal with their horrific customer service.

Bartering is not an acceptable way to compensate customers for faulty merch.

I don't really get the impression that they are moved by any words except 'paypal dispute'.
Well I had No Problems at All. Did a video of the problem, contacted them, they wanted to give me $6, told them that it did not do what they said and I wanted to return it, they gave me an RMA, gave me a GC for my shipping to Miami, then messaged me today that they had the item and did I want a refund or a GC. I just told them a GC as I will be buying more in the future. I have never had any problems that they did not take care of to my satisfaction.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Well I had No Problems at All. Did a video of the problem, contacted them, they wanted to give me $6, told them that it did not do what they said and I wanted to return it, they gave me an RMA, gave me a GC for my shipping to Miami, then messaged me today that they had the item and did I want a refund or a GC. I just told them a GC as I will be buying more in the future. I have never had any problems that they did not take care of to my satisfaction.

Lucky you.

Here's the full text of my ticket so far...

#1.
posted 3 days ago
by you
The touch mechanism of this iPhone screen does not work - it does not respond to touch at all.

Also, the pentalobe screwdriver stripped and the phillips screwdriver turns inside the handle.

I made a video to show you the issue...

#2.
posted 2 days ago
by Staff
Sorry to hear this issue. We will improve the quality control process.

Most of the items sold on FastTech.com are covered by FastTech Standard Return Policy, i.e. replacement can be requested within 6 months from date of shipment and refund within 45 days from date of delivery. This item is covered by the said warranty. For more details, please visit this page: http://www.fasttech.com/pages/standard-return-policy. In this case, the details are as below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Unless otherwise noted on the product page, product warranty is 6 months counted from the date of shipment.

•Within 3 months from shipment:
Upon returning, defective items are replaced and shipped back to customers for free. Return shipping reimbursement is USD 40 or 50% of the item's price, whichever is lower."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The replacement will be sent when the return package delivers. And shipping reimburse is arranged when we receive the shipping slip.

Please kindly confirm above and we will send you the RMA number and return instruction in next mail. Please don't return the defective items back before you receive the RMA number.

Thank you for your understanding.
#3.
posted 2 days ago
by you
I would like to return the item for a "gift certificate", please. I got a new screen elsewhere already.

Thanks.
#4.
posted 1 day ago
by justina Staff
We feel regret that we cannot return the money to you as the gift certificate as per our company's policy. We can only arrange replacement after returning. You can refer to the following website:
Do products come with warranties?: FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics - Worldwide Free Shipping.

Since you already bought the screen elsewhere, we can offer you about 15 usd partial refund as gift certificate, which is the most we can offer, is it Ok with you?
#5.
posted 1 day ago
by you
Your response is not accepted. The iPhone screen came with a 45 day return after delivery policy. That is your company policy as stated on the page where I ordered the screen and by the first person who responded to this ticket.

Scroll up and see that your staff just said above: "Most of the items sold on FastTech.com are covered by FastTech Standard Return Policy, i.e. replacement can be requested within 6 months from date of shipment and refund within 45 days from date of delivery. "

Please, honor you return policy, process my RMA and return my $38.34 or I will have to file a complaint with paypal.
#6.
posted 12 hrs 51 mins ago
by Staff
We feel sorry to cause you any confusion about our policy.

We would like to explain that the 45 days money-back-guarantee applied to the item still in original condition and customer need to cover shipping fee both ways, please refer here for details: http://support.fasttech.com/FAQ/money-back-guarantee.

But the item you received is defective, so it applied to our standard 6 months warranty, which is different from the 45 days money-back-guarantee. Please refer here: http://support.fasttech.com/FAQ/standard-product-warranty.

If you don't accept the partial refund, we could change to something else for you after returning the defective item.

#7.
posted 4 hrs 33 mins ago
by you
The original condition was defective - that's how it was manufactured.

On your link, the very first words are "Unless otherwise noted on the product page, ". It was noted on the product page that there is a 45 day money back guarantee which supersedes anything on your FAQ according to those words.

If you feel that bartering is an appropriate way for a company to handle this situation - then I will accept $20 and you pay shipping back. $20 is what I have paid for a new screen and a new set of screws which I feel I needed due to the poor quality screwdrivers that came with your kit. If you would like to see the receipts, I will provide them.

If this isn't resolved by Friday, I will be opening a paypal dispute.

PS - You should go look at the return policies of ebay and amazon. They are very clear and not scattered amongst different pages that contradict each other. Too bad you don't spend more time fixing this instead of wasting your customers' time with silly bartering over a small amount of money; it serves to lose the customer's trust and future business. I'm about to remove the $28 item in my current order that is awaiting shipment, I can actually get it for the same price in the US. I also have a $50 item in my wishlist which I will most certainly not order from you now. I now feel that I should never order anything costing more than $15 from FT; it is too much of a risk. I will also be sharing this negative experience with others.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Have you used this before? How fast after you pay for the gift certificate can you use it? They just send the gift certificate code to your email?
Should be immediately, I would think. In your acct, under gift certificates, there is a space at the top of the page to claim a gift certificate, so that is probably where you can cut and paste the one in your email?

:)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Lucky you.

Here's the full text of my ticket so far...

#1.
posted 3 days ago
by you
The touch mechanism of this iPhone screen does not work - it does not respond to touch at all.

Also, the pentalobe screwdriver stripped and the phillips screwdriver turns inside the handle.

I made a video to show you the issue...

#2.
posted 2 days ago
by Staff
Sorry to hear this issue. We will improve the quality control process.

Most of the items sold on FastTech.com are covered by FastTech Standard Return Policy, i.e. replacement can be requested within 6 months from date of shipment and refund within 45 days from date of delivery. This item is covered by the said warranty. For more details, please visit this page: http://www.fasttech.com/pages/standard-return-policy. In this case, the details are as below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Unless otherwise noted on the product page, product warranty is 6 months counted from the date of shipment.

•Within 3 months from shipment:
Upon returning, defective items are replaced and shipped back to customers for free. Return shipping reimbursement is USD 40 or 50% of the item's price, whichever is lower."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The replacement will be sent when the return package delivers. And shipping reimburse is arranged when we receive the shipping slip.

Please kindly confirm above and we will send you the RMA number and return instruction in next mail. Please don't return the defective items back before you receive the RMA number.

#3.
posted 2 days ago
by you
I would like to return the item for a "gift certificate", please. I got a new screen elsewhere already.

Thanks.
#4.
posted 1 day ago
by justina Staff
We feel regret that we cannot return the money to you as the gift certificate as per our company's policy. We can only arrange replacement after returning. You can refer to the following website:
Do products come with warranties?: FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics - Worldwide Free Shipping.

Since you already bought the screen elsewhere, we can offer you about 15 usd partial refund as gift certificate, which is the most we can offer, is it Ok with you?
#5.
posted 1 day ago
by you
Your response is not accepted. The iPhone screen came with a 45 day return after delivery policy. That is your company policy as stated on the page where I ordered the screen and by the first person who responded to this ticket.

Scroll up and see that your staff just said above: "Most of the items sold on FastTech.com are covered by FastTech Standard Return Policy, i.e. replacement can be requested within 6 months from date of shipment and refund within 45 days from date of delivery. "

Please, honor you return policy, process my RMA and return my $38.34 or I will have to file a complaint with paypal.
#6.
posted 12 hrs 51 mins ago
by Staff
We feel sorry to cause you any confusion about our policy.

We would like to explain that the 45 days money-back-guarantee applied to the item still in original condition and customer need to cover shipping fee both ways, please refer here for details: http://support.fasttech.com/FAQ/money-back-guarantee.

But the item you received is defective, so it applied to our standard 6 months warranty, which is different from the 45 days money-back-guarantee. Please refer here: http://support.fasttech.com/FAQ/standard-product-warranty.

If you don't accept the partial refund, we could change to something else for you after returning the defective item.

#7.
posted 4 hrs 33 mins ago
by you
The original condition was defective - that's how it was manufactured.

On your link, the very first words are "Unless otherwise noted on the product page, ". It was noted on the product page that there is a 45 day money back guarantee which supersedes anything on your FAQ according to those words.

If you feel that bartering is an appropriate way for a company to handle this situation - then I will accept $20 and you pay shipping back. $20 is what I have paid for a new screen and a new set of screws which I feel I needed due to the poor quality screwdrivers that came with your kit. If you would like to see the receipts, I will provide them.

If this isn't resolved by Friday, I will be opening a paypal dispute.

PS - You should go look at the return policies of ebay and amazon. They are very clear and not scattered amongst different pages that contradict each other. Too bad you don't spend more time fixing this instead of wasting your customers' time with silly bartering over a small amount of money; it serves to lose the customer's trust and future business. I'm about to remove the $28 item in my current order that is awaiting shipment, I can actually get it for the same price in the US. I also have a $50 item in my wishlist which I will most certainly not order from you now. I now feel that I should never order anything costing more than $15 from FT; it is too much of a risk. I will also be sharing this negative experience with others.

Well that really Sucks :(

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    finaly finished reviewing all 45 items i bought so far lol got enough points for 10 bucks of now haha. maybe im just lucky but fasttech has been good so far. only had one issue with broken spare glass. yeah some of the cloned attys i bought where junk but you get what you pay for. The good ones make up for the bad ones lol.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    I haven't even tried to sit here and add up the long list of points.

When you click on "Rebate Points" under your account the total active points should be listed at the top of the page. 10 active points = $10 gift certificate

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    Something is better than nothing lol. Be prepared to get spammed with ft emails if you're going on a review spree. Haven't figured out how to turn off ft notifications yet
    There is a box at the bottom of the review page that you can uncheck so you don't get an email confirmation when your review is posted. I have never recieved an email from Fasttech re: a review and have done over 150.

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    There is a box at the bottom of the review page that you can uncheck so you don't get an email confirmation when your review is posted. I have never recieved an email from Fasttech re: a review and have done over 150.
    Good to know I got spammed with 25 emails haha

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
    Humph! On the 15th of April I ordered a Vika Fantasy Styled Tank Clearomizer, due to ship 4 days later. Since then they have shown in stock 2 times and shipping in a few days. They now show in stock yet again, maybe the third time will be the charm.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Their website system is all screwed up. I just canceled an item(within an order)and it took me 3 trys. Then when it finally allowed me to complete it, it shorted me $.56 cents.....It was a cheap item for only $4.50 but they only returned $3.94. Yeah, not anything to get too excited about, but it is my money that I paid and I want it back and opened a ticket about it. So, just a heads up to keep a close watch on your account.

Also, back in the summer I had enough points for a gc, and asked for a $10. one. They came back and said I had enough for $11. Ok. I still should have had almost $4 left in pending points but they took those also even after deducting the $11 I had already earned. Got to keep a watch on them.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    Their website system is all screwed up. I just canceled an item(within an order)and it took me 3 trys. Then when it finally allowed me to complete it, it shorted me $.56 cents.....It was a cheap item for only $4.50 but they only returned $3.94. Yeah, not anything to get too excited about, but it is my money that I paid and I want it back and opened a ticket about it. So, just a heads up to keep a close watch on your account.

Also, back in the summer I had enough points for a gc, and asked for a $10. one. They came back and said I had enough for $11. Ok. I still should have had almost $4 left in pending points but they took those also even after deducting the $11 I had already earned. Got to keep a watch on them.

I ordered 63 bucks worth of stuff including a couple of glass drip tips..everything showed being in stock when I ordered. Three days later it was all ready to ship except the two drip tips that said would be in stock in 7 days.

I always cancel via ticket. Rachel replied, canceled the tips, issued credit, and had the rest of my order shipped.
    I then checked the drip tips, they say "In Stock"... LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread