The FDA and my outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMF

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2010
Slower Lower Delaware
It seems to me they only ban sale of pharmaceutical drugs if there is overwhelmingly numerous negative cases against any particular drug. Otherwise I wouldn't see so many class action lawsuits advertised by lawyers on my television.
But think about it, they originally ok'd those drugs!
They lost my trust years ago over that.Yet liquid nicotine being vaporized is the devil...
The FDA fight with e-cigarettes just added fuel to the fire.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I don't necessarily trust the FDA to look out for my best interests (that's my job), but I'd take the Burzynski documentary with a huge grain of salt.

No, I don't either. And they're dead wrong on the ecig issue. They've done the same thing in the past. But I don't want no regulation at all. At least drugs are being held to some standard. I don't want to poison myself of my kid with some company trying to make a buck.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
But think about it, they originally ok'd those drugs!
They lost my trust years ago over that.Yet liquid nicotine being vaporized is the devil...
The FDA fight with e-cigarettes just added fuel to the fire.

Yes, but why were they approved? Because the pharma company gave them bad data. So what's the answer to that?

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Yes, but why were they approved? Because the pharma company gave them bad data. So what's the answer to that?

This is the epitome of "slippery slope." The first answer that comes to mind is an independent lab. But of course how would one guarantee that the money throwers don't "buy" the lab???

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
I have news for you, that's the farthest thing from the truth.

I'm not sticking up for the FDA in this case but the the FDA and pharmaceutical companies go at it all the time for delaying drugs, not approving drugs. I'm sure big pharm hates the FDA.

I respectfully disagree:

The lawlessness of the FDA, Big Pharma immunity, and crimes against humanity (opinion)

Will the FDA Finally Get Out of Bed With Big Pharma? | Unsilent Generation

Byron J. Richards -- FDA Collaboration with Big Pharma Raises Eyebrows

Big Pharma and the FDA: Suppress the Science, Ban the Natural Substances, Sell the Drugs

» FDA approved Big Pharma drugs without effectiveness data Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

There is a lot information around that shows the FDA caving to big pharma. Our lobbying system was originally designed so that the people (you and me) could seek a redress of congress. Try to go to Washington and speak to your congress person. Our government is badly broken and caters to big money.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I can google links. I'm well aware of the fact that the ecig industry isn't the only one against the FDA. I'm not here to defend the FDA and I won't. I worked for a pharmaceutical company. I had a BIL that died waiting for a drug to be approved. I'm just saying it's more involved than laying all the blame on the FDA. A lot of people don't know how the FDA operates, that's all.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Mooreted, sorry if my post came across as snippy. I'm more annoyed with myself for getting involved with this and somehow accidently turning myself into defending the FDA. I need to take a shower now. My point is that, it's a very involved issue. Yes, the FDA caves all the time. But I definitely wouldn't put them in the friends catagory. More like frienimies. The FDA costs big pharm big bucks.

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
No problem, politics is often a hot topic and morning sucks.

I've been watching our government for long time and with books too, not just Google, and I'm not happy with what I've seen.

The problem with the FDA is they are understaffed, inept with corruption pouring in from the top. I'm all for regulation, but drug companies need to be reined in, the FDA needs to be revamped and our entire political system needs an overhaul. "We the people" has gotten lost over the last 20 years and we need to get it back. The government is supposed to be on our side.

And have a good morning.

The same could be said in the arena of public education (NCLB, et al), transportation safety, the tech sector, ad infinitum. The best defense against these sorts of influences really is to be an well-informed and responsible consumer, and I don't see a plethora of those running around these days. It seems like too many people want somebody else to make the tough decisions for them.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
The same could be said in the arena of public education (NCLB, et al), transportation safety, the tech sector, ad infinitum. The best defense against these sorts of influences really is to be an well-informed and responsible consumer, and I don't see a plethora of those running around these days. It seems like too many people want somebody else to make the tough decisions for them.

Well said, and SO true!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread