The final countdown to August 8th - your FDA comments NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
Geezus H. Krist. 8-o 11 of these comments are mine (10 representing others).

I just came from the new member's forum. I'm guessing there are 500 folks over there blissfully carrying on about how their newfound discovery of vaping has impacted their lives (as it has with all of us). I suspect most are still clueless about all this.

That said, why isn't this a sticky "over there" like the sticky for EFVI (European Free vaping Initiative). I think in this home stretch we need every comment we can dredge up. Perhaps ECF can waive the 5 post requirement for new members if they provide their FDA comment "receipt". An administrative hassle probably but you get the idea.

Edit: Never mind! I just found "this" thread in the New Member's forum. :D

LOL, between you and I, we have submitted an appreciable proportion of the pro-vaping comments (in my estimate about 2.2%), according to my count from yesterday.

BTW, 11 of my 15 comments are posted on my ECF Blog (the others are of a more personal nature and I decided not to make them public here). Everyone is free to copy/paste any of those posted and submit as their own if they suffer from temporary writer's block...

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Yes but it’s a "floater" and can get buried quite fast on page 2 without a "bump. Especially in the New Member's Forum where there's a lot of activity.

Then I guess everyone needs to get chatty...:evil:

Or change the title to COOKIES??? WHO WANTS COOKIES??? or something? :blink:

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
As of July 28, there were 50,890 comments received by FDA on the deeming proposal. Out of these 50,890 comments posted to the FDA docket, 45,313 are about cigars, and I can only find a little over 3,000 that have anything to do with ecigs. The rest are probably comments with attachments, that do not mention search terms in the main comment box. With some prior data I collected thru some random sampling, I found that the ecig related comments come in about a 5-2 ANTZ to pro-vaping ratio. This means there are only around 1,200 comments in support of vaping 8-o (2,230 under the best assumptions). In any case, if there are a few million vapers in the US, their complacency is very disconcerting.

Thank you Doc! I just ran the numbers/searches in comments and your about spot on. For example, with a universe of 52,484 comments the term "cigar" was mentioned 46,717 times. :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::grr::grr::grr:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread