Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Bumping cause of thread importance, but also to address this:

As of July 28, there were 50,890 comments received by FDA on the deeming proposal. Out of these 50,890 comments posted to the FDA docket, 45,313 are about cigars, and I can only find a little over 3,000 that have anything to do with ecigs. The rest are probably comments with attachments, that do not mention search terms in the main comment box. With some prior data I collected thru some random sampling, I found that the ecig related comments come in about a 5-2 ANTZ to pro-vaping ratio. This means there are only around 1,200 comments in support of vaping 8-o (2,230 under the best assumptions). In any case, if there are a few million vapers in the US, their complacency is very disconcerting.

It is very hard to believe this given what I saw when I did the "good comments" thread in May. Then it was like 85% pro-vaping comments and 10% cigar related and then rest was ANTZ or other. I realize cigar has taken over big time, but just seems odd that it is that lopsided. Especially considering that vapers have likely submitted way more comments since May, plus some of you all are submitting multiple comments. The good news is that ANTZ is coming in last place both in terms of quality of comments and quantity.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Bumping cause of thread importance, but also to address this:

It is very hard to believe this given what I saw when I did the "good comments" thread in May. Then it was like 85% pro-vaping comments and 10% cigar related and then rest was ANTZ or other. I realize cigar has taken over big time, but just seems odd that it is that lopsided. Especially considering that vapers have likely submitted way more comments since May, plus some of you all are submitting multiple comments. The good news is that ANTZ is coming in last place both in terms of quality of comments and quantity.

ANTZ probably weren't concerned at first because the regulations are in their favor, but when they started seeing the comments from people like us they started to worry. I ran across a string of comments by people who obviously filled out a form or petition of some kind, railing against the flavors recruiting children and whatnot. There is no doubt in my mind the ANTZ are duping other people into doing their dirty work... but you're right, a lot of the anti-ecig comments are pretty awful in quality :p

xena222

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
PA
Did and submitted mine last week :D It scares me so bad...I finally found something that works for me and could possibly save my life, and they want to take it all away from me?? I am seriously worried...if they make things impossible for people like me to get and be able to afford, I will end up smoking again :'(

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
With the current bunch in charge I doubt it makes any difference what the average american thinks.

Sad but true...we have to try though! If we try and fail we are still on record as being voices for our cause. If we fail because of apathy then we can only blame ourselves!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
IMO if the FDA is seeking to ban APVs and eliquid, it says I am doing something right for my body.

It reminds me of some other substances, and they're using the same tactics. It's a sham.

I Stand and Vape United. If people want to see my comment I'll post it but it's relatively long. I sent it as .doc and .pdf both so the [Moderated] can't claim they couldn't read it (I'm coming from Linux, sometimes converting to .doc is finicky)

Last edited by a moderator:

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
With the current bunch in charge I doubt it makes any difference what the average american thinks.

We have to show them how many of us there are and how passionate we are about these products and their ability to keep us from smoking! We need them to know that thousands of people will be up in arms if the regulations go through as planned!

Also, keep in mind that the "current bunch" in charge is going to go through a lot of changes in the next couple years, and if the current powers that be don't listen to us, the new ones might!

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
snip

. The good news is that ANTZ is coming in last place both in terms of quality of comments and quantity.

Unfortunately, that is incorrect. Vapers are coming in last in terms of quantity, according to my estimates. Commenting on the quality is a different matter altogether. Fact is: There are many ANTZ comments, at least 20 from glANTZ himself. And many appear to come from bona fide "health experts" with titles and acronyms after their names. I even found a comment from the NYC Bar Assoc. urging the FDA to ban ecigs and flavors.

My fellow vapers: keep commenting, don't just stop at the one CTA4 comment. Send them one-liners if you must, but keep sending anti-deeming comments.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Unfortunately, that is incorrect. Vapers are coming in last in terms of quantity, according to my estimates. Commenting on the quality is a different matter altogether. Fact is: There are many ANTZ comments, at least 20 from glANTZ himself. And many appear to come from bona fide "health experts" with titles and acronyms after their names. I even found a comment from the NYC Bar Assoc. urging the FDA to ban ecigs and flavors.

My fellow vapers: keep commenting, don't just stop at the one CTA4 comment. Send them one-liners if you must, but keep sending anti-deeming comments.

Still hard to believe this is accurate. Maybe our latest round of submissions are yet to be posted?

Honestly, of all the FDA comments I've seen myself (which is maybe 1000, at most), I see very little in terms of quality from any commenter type, but ANTZ type are generally the least quality oriented. Though, I'm guessing for them it is like preaching to the choir.

I like to think quality is many times more important than quantity, but I'm all for our side posting as many comments as humanly possible. And hope to one day have time to update the "good comments" thread, so we have idea of that before final rule comes about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread