Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Thanks for your input, Andria and Dean. So I can pretty much kick the Cylinders and Pipettes off of my list. I could also cut my flavor list to maybe 40. I enjoy flavored tobaccos and Bakery/ Sweets, and have already been hunting recipes for such e-liquids (like half a legal pad worth).
Now, I DO NOT shop Amazon, EBay or any other online "Marketplaces". The only online shopping I do is Vendor/ Product specific. So far, all I've gotten form Amazon is three surveys and syringes that cost twice what WZ has offered.
Just curious; when you order from different vendors, won't the Shipping Charges offset what ever savings ? just a thought.....

With some things, you do have a point, regarding the shipping, but when I compared the shipping prices at vape vendors for heavy liquids like PG/VG, Amazon has them beat hands down -- I got 2 16oz bottles last time, and the shipping was about $7.50. I looked at the price of PG at ecigexpress, and they do have a better price -- but the shipping was like $40 -- for 1st class, or whatever the lowest rate is for pkgs. :blink:

I think WzLabs has a free shipping option if you buy X-dollar amount, so if you're buying a lot from them, then their price on the PG/VG might be more tolerable, since heavy liquids do cost a lot to ship.

Andria

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Thanks for your input, Andria and Dean. So I can pretty much kick the Cylinders and Pipettes off of my list. I could also cut my flavor list to maybe 40. I enjoy flavored tobaccos and Bakery/ Sweets, and have already been hunting recipes for such e-liquids (like half a legal pad worth).
Now, I DO NOT shop Amazon, EBay or any other online "Marketplaces". The only online shopping I do is Vendor/ Product specific. So far, all I've gotten form Amazon is three surveys and syringes that cost twice what WZ has offered.
Just curious; when you order from different vendors, won't the Shipping Charges offset what ever savings ? just a thought.....

PaPaw,

I have some vendor specific places I get my syringes from, etc...

I'll look them up and post them as it has been a while since I posted my supplier list, but it will save you as well as others a lot of money!

For instance I get my lab stuff, syringes, etc., from a medical supply that sells at very reasonable prices...

POST COMING!

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
PaPaw,

I have some vendor specific places I get my syringes from, etc...

I'll look them up and post them as it has been a while since I posted my supplier list, but it will save you as well as others a lot of money!

For instance I get my lab stuff, syringes, etc., from a medical supply that sells at very reasonable prices...

POST COMING!

Thanks Techy, your recipe attachment was downloaded and already unzipped and several added to my calculator. All the info is appreciated!

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Wizard is great to deal with for small size flavor samples,but that's about all i buy from them now.That 500ml of 48mg at $35 is not a horrible price,but like mentioned above,i would go with 100mg as it is more cost effective,and don't get it from wizard or your paying too much.You can get a liter of 100mg from other vendors very reasonably priced.I buy a liter from Heartland for $45,my freedom smokes also runs very good deals on a liter.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Thanks for all of your good advice. I went ahead and made my order from WZ, totaled about 1 liter of liquids, 43 flavors and syringes and bottles. Came in at $135.
I will admit, after a little shopping the 48mg nicotine is expensive. I went that route for two reasons; 1) I am totally new to this. I am not confident in my own abilities to use pure 100% nicotine. Unless I'm reading this wrong (very possible) I'll wait until I am a little more comfortable in my own abilities before I order 100 nic. 2) I am trying to make this as easy as possible. 48mg nic = 1/4th on mixture to get to 12mg nicotine in final product. Example: Following Danny's 20 drop test - 5 drops of 48mg nic and 15 drops of VG gives me an easy method for a 25/75 PG VG 12mg nic base for testing flavors/ mixtures (I think...). Another Example ; Using Bill's 100 drop test - 25 drops of 48mg nic and 50 drops VG gives a base for testing some of the recipes I've copied. Expensive... probably. But please try to remember- this is all completely new to me. Once I find flavors and recipes, in the amounts I personally enjoy, then I'll look for better pricing on the Nicotine.
Speaking of pricing - MFS and Amazon have HIGHER prices on Kosher VG and PG than WZ, from what I saw. Maybe I just wasn't looking in the right places....
Of the 43 flavors, I might end up liking half. Maybe. Won't know until I try.
Again, a very grateful Thanks to all, especially Larry, Danny, Bill and others. Your blogs, emails, PM's and postings were great ! (now to go back and find Bill's Glass Drippers).
Thanks. Maybe in a year or so, I'll check back in and let you know I haven't blown myself up. yet....

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Well now that ECF will allow files on the site I have ziped up many of the recipes posted here to help out!

They are all in Note Pad format.

Please add to the file* and update as you all see fit!

Cheers! :toast:

* For subsequent additions to the file I suggest calling the first revision Juices_1.zip, the second Juices_2.zip , etc.....

THANK YOU!!!!

:thumbs:

:lol: This made me crack up!!!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
1) I am totally new to this. I am not confident in my own abilities to use pure 100% nicotine.

But it isn't "100% pure nicotine" -- 100mg is 10% nicotine. Definitely much too strong for vaping, but not really a HUGE concern -- gloves if you're really worried about it, though I don't even bother with them anymore unless I'm decanting my big 120ml into my 30ml glass bottles; I'm more fumbly with gloves than without, and if I'm pouring it, I figure better safe than sorry. When I'm just measuring some in a syringe to mix, gloves not really needed -- I'm very careful!

I'd be worried about 100% pure nicotine too! :D

Andria

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Thanks, Slots.
Anyways, to try to get back on topic ; I've ordered eight tobacco flavors - 555 Type DK, Black Honey, M-Type, Mild Black, RY4 Double, Tobacco Type, Turkish and Western. All 8ml bottles, hoping to blend a few.
Since these are synthetic tobaccos, how much steeping should these need ?

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Not sure with the others,but Ry4 double is great right after mixing,but it does get alot better as it ages(steeps).If you go through the recipes section,there are a bunch of very good ry4d based recipes,actually someone posted one in this thread a while back,i can't remember who it was,but they call it Peanut brittle,it is fantastic,i've been using it as my adv for about a month now.
It calls for
6% Ry4 double
6% Peanut butter
1% sweetener

I've been making it with 6.5% peanut butter though,just to get that flavor to come out a bit more,but it's very good just as they posted it.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Thanks, Slots.
Anyways, to try to get back on topic ; I've ordered eight tobacco flavors - 555 Type DK, Black Honey, M-Type, Mild Black, RY4 Double, Tobacco Type, Turkish and Western. All 8ml bottles, hoping to blend a few.
Since these are synthetic tobaccos, how much steeping should these need ?

Hi Pa Pa .. I'm having to run right now, but I'll get you some feed back in a couple of hours.
I've used most of those :)

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Thanks for all of your good advice. I went ahead and made my order from WZ, totaled about 1 liter of liquids, 43 flavors and syringes and bottles. Came in at $135.
I will admit, after a little shopping the 48mg nicotine is expensive. I went that route for two reasons; 1) I am totally new to this. I am not confident in my own abilities to use pure 100% nicotine. Unless I'm reading this wrong (very possible) I'll wait until I am a little more comfortable in my own abilities before I order 100 nic. 2) I am trying to make this as easy as possible. 48mg nic = 1/4th on mixture to get to 12mg nicotine in final product. Example: Following Danny's 20 drop test - 5 drops of 48mg nic and 15 drops of VG gives me an easy method for a 25/75 PG VG 12mg nic base for testing flavors/ mixtures (I think...). Another Example ; Using Bill's 100 drop test - 25 drops of 48mg nic and 50 drops VG gives a base for testing some of the recipes I've copied. Expensive... probably. But please try to remember- this is all completely new to me. Once I find flavors and recipes, in the amounts I personally enjoy, then I'll look for better pricing on the Nicotine.
Speaking of pricing - MFS and Amazon have HIGHER prices on Kosher VG and PG than WZ, from what I saw. Maybe I just wasn't looking in the right places....
Of the 43 flavors, I might end up liking half. Maybe. Won't know until I try.
Again, a very grateful Thanks to all, especially Larry, Danny, Bill and others. Your blogs, emails, PM's and postings were great ! (now to go back and find Bill's Glass Drippers).
Thanks. Maybe in a year or so, I'll check back in and let you know I haven't blown myself up. yet....
I have to strongly agree with the others that recommend 100 mg/ml nic in VG. First of all, it allows you to use 1 drop for 1% in tests which is important. Also, the 100 mg/ml nic in VG is very much safer that in PG because even if you do get some on you, it won't be absorbed and you can just wash it off. While gloves are recommended and encouraged, I've had nicotine on skin too many times to count, and even when left on for a few minutes, I've had no reaction to it at all. It's also much better priced.

The 100% nicotine is about 996 mg/ml and that stuff cannot even be purchased without special licenses. The fumes from that strength are strong enough to kill every living organism on Earth, and it is not suitable for vaping. But, there's a huge difference between the two. One is safe, the other deadly. Now, that being said, I wouldn't dip my hand in the stuff and then go watch a movie. But, even a modest exposure of a few minutes is not an issue (VG) because it cannot even be absorbed for a considerably longer period of time than it takes just to wash it off. Gloves and eye protection are always recommended, but I rarely use them, though it's probably a good idea. Also, probably a good idea to have an eye wash kit around, as well, but these are pretty much over kill 99.9% of the time. Just be careful around the nicotine and flavorings, and you'll be fine. The concern and fears go away pretty quick once you start to work with the materials. Better to be safe than sorry, but it's not nearly as dangerous as some say it is, though there is always risk with toxic substances. A little care goes a long way. You'll be surprised how limiting nicotine is in "denominations" less than 100 mg/ml too. Anyway, my two cents. Good luck to you! :toast: :D

:2cool: :vapor:

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I've ordered eight tobacco flavors - 555 Type DK, Black Honey, M-Type, Mild Black, RY4 Double, Tobacco Type, Turkish and Western.
:) It really takes 4 weeks for them to mature and reach their peak of flavor.
Tobacco's are their own animal compared to fruits, etc.

I'll go along with being able to use TFA RY4 double earlier, but that's the only one.
I think it's because it really doesn't come across as "tobacco". It's sweet, with a caramel flavor.
Good in a lot of recipes or by it's self.

TFA DK Tobacco .. super strong, and will leave a tobacco aftertaste hanging in your mouth.
I took some of this "in your face" flavoring, and diluted it 50/50 with PG. It makes it a lot easier to work with, but I'm still experimenting with it ... (trying to like it)

TFA Black Honey .. Mild, I can go up to 9% with this one (solo). It's good, but not what I call yummy .. just so-so
Where I think it shines is adding about 4% to fruits. It gives them body, and brings the flavors together.

TFA M-Type ... another strong "cig' or "ashy" taste. I'm still experimenting with this one too. I've diluted some with 50% PG, and will try it again. Try a test of it at 1drop in 4ml ... let it do it's thing for 4 weeks, and give it a try.

TFA Tobacco ... I like this one. It's good at 2% solo ...mild and smooth .. also a good one for recipe use

The Turkish, Western, and Mild Black I haven't tried.
I also like The "French Pipe".
A pipe always smelled good to me, and the vaper is the same as smelling a pipe (at 1%)
It is smooth with a soft flavor.
The "Tobacco Blend" (different than the "Tobacco") is a really good one.
I can go to 4% with it, and it's yummy, it has a slight sweet side to it.
The "Cowboy" is cigarish, and (for me), if kept super low in %, a nice change of flavor once in a while, but is not a go-to flavor for me. I'll probably finish the bottle and that's it, if it doesn't go bad in the meantime:p
The "Tobacco Absolute", is strong but mild if that makes sense. Has a grassy taste to it
The "Smooth" I can't taste much, so I use it mostly in fruits, or some recipes I want to add some body too.

Of course all of this is just how my taste buds reacted .. yours could see it entirely opposite.
I probably shouldn't say it here, but my favorite tobacco's flavors are from HS for just using solo.
TFA I use more in recipes. There are a few FA flavors I like too, so you have a lot of flavorings to go through finding what you like, but you have a good start with the TFA.

I have some flavors separated out in a "NOPE" bag, destined for donation or garbage.
If you want to try them, send me your address in a PM .. oops, mean a "conversation"
and you can have them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread