Status
Not open for further replies.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
And 1 egg? Eggs do not all weigh the same!

We need chicken standardization. Same size thighs, breasts, and eggs!

We don't have standarized chickens yet... or do we? :D But as for eggs I think there are grades - small, medium, large, jumbo.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I do use EM in my juices and it does not bother me. Cap sweetener does leave me with an aftertaste though. I think it is liquid Splenda - which is a little odd because I normally Splenda does not bother me all that much.

Then you should definitely try the TFA Sweetener -- none of that icky whang or aftertaste. I don't know what they do that's different, but it's so much better than any other sucralose, it's like a different substance entirely.

Andria

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Then you should definitely try the TFA Sweetener -- none of that icky whang or aftertaste. I don't know what they do that's different, but it's so much better than any other sucralose, it's like a different substance entirely.

Andria
It is made by enchanted elves.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

Andria
Mine was TFA sweetener :(

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Sucralose I suspect. The main reason I immediately went to DIY when I started vaping. I use liquid Stevia sweetener from GNC.
Liquid Stevia? GNC? hmmm easy enough. does the same measurements apply? as in 1mm sweetener same as 1mm Stevia?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Liquid Stevia? GNC? hmmm easy enough. does the same measurements apply? as in 1mm sweetener same as 1mm Stevia?
I dunno. Never used the other one. for sweet I use one drop from the stevia bottle per ml. very sweet is 2 drops/ml. They are pretty big drops too, but that is the only way I ever measured it.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I toyed with the idea of stevia...

I may be wrong (I often am) but somewhere earlier in this thread or another, I asked about stevia and was told something along the lines of it changing flavor rather quickly. So maybe it's ok if you do small batches and vape it within a week or so, but not so great for large batches meant to last a while?

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I toyed with the idea of stevia...

I may be wrong (I often am) but somewhere earlier in this thread or another, I asked about stevia and was told something along the lines of it changing flavor rather quickly. So maybe it's ok if you do small batches and vape it within a week or so, but not so great for large batches meant to last a while?
Seems ok for up to a month. None of my DIY has lasted longer than that. It does get a bit sweeter with steeping though. But I have not noticed a flavor change.
And the straight stuff to me just tastes sweet no real flavor as such.

Reactions: chanelvaps

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I've still been tempted to try stevia, despite the warnings... it just makes sense if I am trying to reduce the amount of sugary substances in my juice (I'm mainly thinking of coil gunk and wick issues - some of my juice seems to clog the wicks rather quickly)

Stevia is soooooo sweet, it only takes a microscopic amount to sweeten anything. Not the crap they sell at the grocery store - OMG I got so mad when I bought some and later read the ingredients - it had artificial sweeteners in it! But stevia is so sweet you just can't use it "pure" - it needs to be mixed with SOMETHING.

The stuff they sell at GNC is mixed with PG - perfect! lol

Of the three juices I have made only one is lacking that taste...that taste is something that does not agree with me and I am thinking it is sweetener. I avoid it like the plaque and find it in many over the counter juices. (S Bunny, Five Pawns, The Standard)
Of what I have made, one of the them Mango Custard, had Cotton Candy (EM) in it and the other one Twinkie, had Sweetener in it. Both had that..taste.
The only one lacking it is the Berry Yogurt and it has neither EM or sweetener.
What in the world will I do if I cannot stand the taste of either sweetener. Seems 99% of recipes have one or the other

Try Vanillin it works for me , seems like EM and Sweetener Mellow the juice after some weeks , i usually mix more than 300 ml so i use TPA Vanillin instead.

Reactions: chanelvaps

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Morning all .

Do you find that high flavoured juices tend to become muted rather than improve with aging? My one or two flavour mixes do tend to improve with some days or even a couple of weeks of aging but I find the very high flavoured ones, like 5 or 6 flavours mixed in at 25% to 30% taste better when vaped ATM rather than later. Dunno - could be just my impression.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Morning all .

Do you find that high flavoured juices tend to become muted rather than improve with aging? My one or two flavour mixes do tend to improve with some days or even a couple of weeks of aging but I find the very high flavoured ones, like 5 or 6 flavours mixed in at 25% to 30% taste better when vaped ATM rather than later. Dunno - could be just my impression.

Pappy it can be a number of reasons this occurs; for instance the bottles you use, clear vs. brown or blue, plastic or glass.

The brown glass with a good seal stops most oxidization and photodegreneration.

The flavors also "marry" as chefs refer to it, some become a muted or blended over time >72 hours for instance.

:vapor:

Reactions: Patrick Fish

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Morning all .

I have a couple that have acted like that, Papi. I typically mix 30ml or 15ml bottles, and I have a couple of the 30mls that aren't quite as sharp as they were ATM. I think I'm going to tend toward the 15ml bottles, so I can cycle through a little more quickly (and it appeases my Flavor ADD ;) )

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I only use amber and cobalt glass bottles for any mix above 10ml. I also have 10ml cobalts but only three of them so if I am trying several experimental mixes at once I might use a plastic bottle. But my concern is mostly with the larger mixes of what I consider my favourite juices. Somehow the longer they're around the less happy I am with them. It could also be my tastebuds of course.... they just might go to sleep on me with using the same juice too often.

I wrote the above some time ago and for some reason it did not post.

Dinger - I tried the bigger bottles in the hope of not having to mix so often. I wonder if mixing the nic/vg/pg in the right proportions, mixing flavours into a recipe separately and then bringing them together in smaller quantities would work better.

Reactions: Slots

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Papi, that could be a possibility. Although, this latest round seemed to be the first time I noticed a "muting" in my flavors. I also use the cobalt blue bottles (mostly 'cause they're pretty - blue is one of my favorite colors!!!!)

I'm contemplating something similar, mostly for ease of mixing. I'm not 100% bent on having the "exact" nic level, and because my flavors may range from 20-30%, I often just "top off" the bottle with VG after I measure my flavors and my nic. So I never have an exact PG/VG, but my nic is "closer". But, when I'm mixing 5-6 bottles at a time, measuring VG nic is "tedious" at best :)

Reactions: Papillon61
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread