Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
YAY!! So glad you figured it out! I will be sure to check my flavor bottles and transfer any that come in soft plastic bottles to other bottles!
Awesome! So glad you were able to figure it out! Are you sure it's the bottles & not just old, spoiled flavoring?

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I don't need another RDA.
I don't need a RDA that doesn't leave juice marks on my pants pocket area.
I don't need a RDA that holds a bunch of juice so I don't have to drip all the time.
I don't need a RDA made out of an exotic, cool looking, light weight metal.
I don't need to spend any more money on vaping.

{ Hits "Buy" }

[SIGH]
I know this is old now but this just explains everything you need to know about vaping :vapor:

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
So far I haven't needed to make big batches; I'm stepping down my WTA percentage, and I'm near the end of that process, currently at 2.6% WTA, so I'm only making 40ml bottles, which last me roughly a week -- got about a third of my last 40ml left, and when that's gone I'll go to 2.4%. But I definitely need to get some citric acid, so when I'm finally done with the WTA, I can mix a whole month's worth of juice at one time and not have to keep mixing every week, unless I wanna try new recipes.

Andria
Hey, @AndriaD, if I were you, I would make up 200ml at a time, sans WTA. And add WTA as needed. At the percentages you are doing, you don't really need to vary the rest of the mix. You're talking 1% vs 2.4% or whatever. The dilution is meaningless.

Says that guy that just made 400ml of your S&C because he was tired of making 200ml every two weeks :toast:

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I love my Kayfuns. I.m not a dripper, just too fiddly for me since my hands are kinda messed up. I did get a Woodvil the first of this month as a combination 1 year Vapaversary, birthday, stem cell transplant present to myself. [emoji2] So I may not drip but I do squonk. I did just use it to test my first diy attempt, tho. It's good, just gotta get more flavors now!
People that really enjoyed the act of lighting up... enjoy dripping :thumbs:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Quite a setup, my friend! I spent the first two years vaping trying literally everything on the market. When I found the Kayfun, and later the Taifun, then the Taifun GT2, I stopped buying vaporizers, other than the 30 or so Taifuns I now use. Thank you for sharing your experiences on your hardware, and for any difficulties that you, or others may be having. I am definitely NOT up to speed on the latest hardware out there, but, for my purposes, my vape is outstanding, and stopping the hardware hunt, has allowed me to focus on other things including juice making, and my other hobbies, like woodworking. However, the pressure seal issue is with us on all of our various toppers, and I hope that anyone new to vaping will benefit from State O'Flux's outstanding work on pressure seal issues, as this, together with new O-rings will literally solve 95% of issues related to our tankomizer systems. I have added a few new batteries along the way, primarily Provari's, Semo's and Eye's, and I feel fortunate to be content with what I have. It wasn't that way for a long time. In fact, I quite vaping in 2009 and again in 2011 as I could not get enough vape to overcome a 35 year smoking habit. I've been smoke free for about 3 years now, and can see the day, sometime in the future, when I don't vape anymore. But that day is not today, and I have no actual plans to quit vaping. Think I'll try some nice key lime pie vape now! Good luck! :toast::toast::D

:2cool: :vapor:
Thanks for sharing you journey Bill.
Getting up to speed with the latest hardware consists of all the subohm coil head tank systems that seem to come out very quickly. I think the manufacturers are focusing new hardware for the cloud generating sub culture. I have not bothered with any of that hardware as I think a lot of it is a FoTM hype train. You show any of the new vapers a Kayfun, Taifun, Orchid, Rose or FeV and they think that is what all the "Old Timers" vaped on. They are all unimpressed that you can get a decent vape from these devices at 15W. I have a bit of the shinyitis bug myself, but for Rose's, FeV's, Kayfun's and the odd Genny. I was generously given a Sat22 a while back and am still trying to get a good build on it. I'll have to take the Origenny into the local B&M one of these days and show them what flavor is all about. :)

I am 1 year without smoking so far and have dabbled in a little DIY. I mad the mistake of ordering just single flavors and didn't pick up any stuff to round out the mixes like AP, EM and the assorted Vanilla's etc. I am learning slowly and have gained a lot of information from all your excellent experience and the great people here in this thread.

Thanks!
:toast: :vapor: :toast:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hey, @AndriaD, if I were you, I would make up 200ml at a time, sans WTA. And add WTA as needed. At the percentages you are doing, you don't really need to vary the rest of the mix. You're talking 1% vs 2.4% or whatever. The dilution is meaningless.

Says that guy that just made 400ml of your S&C because he was tired of making 200ml every two weeks :toast:

It's too difficult to figure out how much to add, that way. If I just include it in my recipe, then it's easy. Plus, I have no bottles larger than 60ml, plus, I have no citric acid to "fix" the flavor.

Andria

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Awesome! So glad you were able to figure it out! Are you sure it's the bottles & not just old, spoiled flavoring?
No, I am not sure of that and it is a thought for sure. I am really going to have to take it slow and toss things a few at a time because the whole plastic bin that things are stored in smells rancid now.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Can I get some opinions on how long others think the TFA flavorings should last before going bad?
Depends on the flavoring, but, that being said, I have many flavors over 2 years old that are still going strong. In fact, I'm trying to think if I've ever had a flavor go "bad"....

I haven't, though there could be some I rarely use that have done so. Perhaps someone with longer flavoring age can chime in. The fact that yours went bad is likely because plastic will leach into liquids, again depending on the liquid, as early as 30 days after filling. The more caustic and reactive flavorings generally come in different plastic bottles that don't have the same leaching properties. There are many articles about the different plastics out there, and which ones break down, and which ones don't. I'm no expert, but I've read about them a number of times. Good luck! :toast: :D

:2cool: :vapor:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Not much to say here except my friend was going to make an order with with TPA and wanted to know some of the flavors that I was using. So I make up some 30 ml bottles from what I have but was not quick enough, he had already placed the order. So rather than pouring it back into the bottles it came out of I made a 450 ml bottle of what I call Peanut Brittle. I stopped making large bottles quite some time ago and just made 30 mls as I usually started liking something else. But I seem stuck on this PB.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Not much to say here except my friend was going to make an order with with TPA and wanted to know some of the flavors that I was using. So I make up some 30 ml bottles from what I have but was not quick enough, he had already placed the order. So rather than pouring it back into the bottles it came out of I made a 450 ml bottle of what I call Peanut Brittle. I stopped making large bottles quite some time ago and just made 30 mls as I usually started liking something else. But I seem stuck on this PB.
Yeah,your peanut brittle is addicting haha.In the start i went through a 10ml sample,then 3 30ml bottles because i thought for sure i would get tired of it,but now i have went through 2 120ml bottles and down to half of the 3rd 120ml bottle,yeah i would say it's pretty good haha.
I rotate between this and another one called peanut butter dream,these are my 2 adv's and i don't see either getting dropped off anytime soon haha.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I made 10ml of that to start and then a 30ml and am working on that. I've been thinking about making just a peanut butter mix but not sure what to add to it. Usually single flavor mixes don't work very well.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Yeah,your peanut brittle is addicting haha.In the start i went through a 10ml sample,then 3 30ml bottles because i thought for sure i would get tired of it,but now ihave went through 2 120ml bottles and down to half of the 3rd 120ml bottle,yeah i would say it's pretty good haha.
    I've made some changes to the recipe, I'm using TPA DX Peanut Butter instead of the regular and Sweet Flavor instead of Cotton Candy for sweetener. Also I'm adding 1% Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG to it. The RY4 DBL is unchanged.
    Might as well post it as I do it now.
    7.5% Peanut butter
    7.5% RY4 double
    3.75% or more sweett flavor
    1% acetyl pyrazine

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I've made some changes to the recipe, I'm using TPA DX Peanut Butter instead of the regular and Sweet Flavor instead of Cotton Candy for sweetener. Also I'm adding 1% Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG to it. The RY4 DBL is unchanged.
    Might as well post it as I do it now.
    7.5% Peanut butter
    7.5% RY4 double
    3.75% or more sweett flavor
    1% acetyl pyrazine
    I may give that v2 a try someday,but the first version works well for me so no rush to change haha.I'll probably try the dx peanut butter someday,but i still have around 3 oz. of the regular stuff from the 4 oz. ofit i bought a while back,so i'm set on pb for a while.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Peanut butter delivery system.
    11933423_1065066463517577_7775183812593458847_n.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread