Status
Not open for further replies.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Does the mod support TI? Wire type makes a HUGE difference with TC. IF the mod is designed for Ni200 then Ti will work, to some extent, but not that great. If it does do Ti mode then make sure it is set correctly. 500 degrees is pretty hot and should yield a rather hot vape too.

I exclusively use Ni200 28ga and wrap around a 3mm mandrel. I normally wrap about 7 or 8 wraps and that should yield about 0.14 to 0.12 -ish once the temperature settles.

The resistance may fluctuate a smidge as most TC mods refine the current coil resistance and ambient temperature. Usually the coil will read lower. If it does this you may need to up the degrees by a few.

I vape between 370-420 on an eVIC VT using its Ni200 mode with Ni200 wire.

Don't be too concerned with the uber low resistance as the mod will drop the voltage hit quite low so that it doesn't nuke the build.

You didn't happen to switch tanks too? When I got my eVIC VT kit I tried the stock ego one mega tank and it was pretty awful. Once I rolled a Ni coil in my KF4 and STM all was good and I was finally getting the TC vape that I should.

Good Luck!

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks for the help. Yes the cloupor does Ti and Ni. I did about 8 wraps on a 3mm and ended up with .09 with the nickel. It's 28 gauge. It's a really nice vape. I had to turn it down to 340.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Pumpkin roll not too bad(sure better than my prior attempts!), but missing something-a bakery note I think, maybe needs a very, very small amount of the pumpkin spice(a strong one!) and maybe increase in pumpkin flavor...currently tastes like the filling aspect primarily, trying to put finger on what is lacking...made pumpkin cinnamon rolls with youngest son yesterday to figure out, they didn't last long in this house! Debating on what to add...oatmeal cookie at small amount since I don't really like, a cinnamon roll or Danish, inawera biscuit, a cookie flavor...already have fw yellow cake and cinnamon in it...maybe even captain cereal??? I don't have any gingerbread still so that's out....have to think and figure out...it's coming along, might not be a regular type of vape but something for holiday time and it's fun now that I'm not as frustrated with it anymore.
    Joy?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Any idea how many wraps to get that resistance?
    The Steam Engine calculator is a great resource.

If you are using 28g Ni200 then it is 13 wraps on a 2.5mm mandrel.

If you are using 30g Ni200 then it is 8 wraps on a 2.5mm mandrel.

Simply Red

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I'm here, when I'm here
    The Steam Engine calculator is a great resource.

If you are using 28g Ni200 then it is 13 wraps on a 2.5mm mandrel.

If you are using 30g Ni200 then it is 8 wraps on a 2.5mm mandrel.

Agreed! Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
    I was pretty close with my guesstimate. Some folks leave a tiny space between wraps. Some don't. I don't know what the SEc takes into account but, you can try plugging in whatever parameters you're looking for.

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r630/SimplyRed63/..../42e39b5ae06290fb1824e377b4d2bb14_zpsvkgd4dmu.jpg

Last edited:
    Agreed! Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
    I was pretty close with my guesstimate. Some folks leave a tiny space between wraps. Some don't. I don't know what the SEc takes into account but, you can try plugging in whatever parameters you're looking for.

42e39b5ae06290fb1824e377b4d2bb14_zpsvkgd4dmu.jpg
    I work in a metals lab (but do IT there) with metals experts. My boss suggests that Ti coils can be contact coils. No problem with the coils touching, because the TiO2 on them will prevent any problems. Ni200 coils should not be in contact with each other, because Ni doesn't form an oxide that protects them at vaping temps.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2013
    SE PA
    sincemylastcigarette.com
    Oddly enough I thought about this this am....too many weird reviews ( then again others love it though too! Funny a flavoring has two drastic sides)on it held me back when the hype train was in full swing, some even say it tastes like flat beer...so I held off...now I do wonder...guess best not work with what I currently have first, but thanks, it is a suggestion I am thinking of too:)

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Oddly enough I thought about this this am....too many weird reviews ( then again others love it though too! Funny a flavoring has two drastic sides)on it held me back when the hype train was in full swing, some even say it tastes like flat beer...so I held off...now I do wonder...guess best not work with what I currently have first, but thanks, it is a suggestion I am thinking of too:)
    I just got a bottle but haven't done more than give it a sniff & finger test it. Has a definite bakery note. I can't wait to use it.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2013
    SE PA
    sincemylastcigarette.com
    Let me know please even if by pm...I haven't really honestly had success with fa, except for lime cold pressed, I haven't tried cookie but have it...those pumpkin cinnamon rolls I made were so good, I might try closer to that taste than a pumpkin roll now, might be easier too:)

Simply Red

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I'm here, when I'm here
    Cranberry Muffin - UpDate.....OMG!! This was aweful! I believe I used too much Cranberry flavor. :blink: I read somewhere that if you use too much, it would taste like olives. By golly, That was Right!! :confused:

Cranberry 6 %
    Vanilla Cupcake 7 %
    Acetyl Pyrazine 0.5 %
    Cinnamon Danish Swirl 1 %
    Ethyl Maltol 1%

In the same order, I'm going to change the percentages to: 4%, 7%, 1%, 2%, 2%

What y'all think?

artv61

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2013
    SC,USA
    Cranberry Muffin - UpDate.....OMG!! This was aweful! I believe I used too much Cranberry flavor. :blink: I read somewhere that if you use too much, it would taste like olives. By golly, That was Right!! :confused:

Cranberry 6 %
    Vanilla Cupcake 7 %
    Acetyl Pyrazine 0.5 %
    Cinnamon Danish Swirl 1 %
    Ethyl Maltol 1%

In the same order, I'm going to change the percentages to: 4%, 7%, 1%, 2%, 2%

What y'all think?
    why not take out cranberry,make it so you get muffin right ,then add cranberry to taste?

Simply Red

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I'm here, when I'm here
    why not take out cranberry,make it so you get muffin right ,then add cranberry to taste?

Through the olive taste (yuck) I kinda tasted the muffin which wasn't bad. I'll try that next time.

I've been making a sour cranberry at 7% cranberry and it's not too much but maybe it is with trying to make a sweet flavor.

Maybe. Idk. :blink:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread