Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Thanks Uncle!! Looks like I've got a bunch of flavors to add to my next flavor-run! I'll definitely give it a shot and see how it comes out. At 1%, you could probably just leave out the Dulce and probably wouldn't even notice very much difference... I just don't have any of the FW or CAP flavors, I've stuck with strictly TFA so far in this journey.
I sub for whatever I have. Like my last apple pie a la mode recipe that I was using another recipe as a basis called for FA Fiji and TFA Pie Crust. Not having either, but having CAP Apple Pie, I used that logic. I think that one I posted called for CAP Juicy Lemon, but I only had FA sicily lol.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I sub for whatever I have. Like my last apple pie a la mode recipe that I was using another recipe as a basis called for FA Fiji and TFA Pie Crust. Not having either, but having CAP Apple Pie, I used that logic. I think that one I posted called for CAP Juicy Lemon, but I only had FA sicily lol.

Yeah, I tend to do the same thing when I try to duplicate recipes... if I don't have what's listed, then I use the next closest thing that I have... unfortunately I don't have anything similar to most of the ingredients in your recipe, so I'll just have to order most everything anyway... might as well get what's posted! :)

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
From my blogs and juice making history:
I like pie. Yes, I'm a pie man. Here's some pies that I like:

Dutch Apple Pie ala Mode, my Signature juice:

Apple - 12%
French Vanilla - 4%
Sweetener - 4%
Pie Crust - 4%
Graham Cracker - 3%
Brown Sugar - 2%
Butter - 1%
Cinnamon - .5%

(Shopping for ingredients for Dutch Pie Ala Mode right away......)

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
What is a good starting point for citric acid? I'd like to try and see if I can keep my KLP tasting "bright" throughout its lifespan.

Add 1/2 tsp citric acid into 10ml PG and mix. Add around 2 drops per 5ml of eliquid.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Start with the same recommended percentage and adjust up or down to taste preference. As a general rule, we should be mixing our juices, regardless of recipe, to suit our individual taste preferences. Recipes are just a great starting point to do so. I don't think I've ever met a recipe that didn't require adjustment to suit my preferences. Because our gear is different, together with our vaping preferences toward heat, wicking, delivery method, etc., we have to mix to match both our gear and our preferences. So, start with the recommended amount and go from there. Also, .24% may not even be detectable in most mixes, depending on the other primary and secondary flavorings. Often the creams at less than 6% tend to enhance the primaries, rather than dominate them, or even create a secondary flavoring. Often only a smoothing, enriching effect. Good luck! :toast: :D

:2cool: :vapor:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Just a heads up.If anyone needs pg/vg,Bulk Apothecary is running a great deal that ends tonight 2/14.I usually buy from Essential Depot,and a gallon of each runs me $60 after shipping,but i just grabbed a gallon of each from BA,for $36 and some change,use code PGVGSale i couldn't pass up paying just over half what i normally do haha.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I like and trust Essential and the glycube is a great deal:

Glycube $39.00, shipping $37.07 = $76.07 = $19 a gallon
I've been using ED for a while,but i will gladly take a chance for a gallon of each shipped for under $40.Alot of people here on the forum buy from them,so for that price,it's well worth it for me to try.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Just a heads up.If anyone needs pg/vg,Bulk Apothecary is running a great deal that ends tonight 2/14.I usually buy from Essential Depot,and a gallon of each runs me $60 after shipping,but i just grabbed a gallon of each from BA,for $36 and some change,use code PGVGSale i couldn't pass up paying just over half what i normally do haha.

I posted the BA sale a few days ago , i think a gallon each for under $40.00 shipped is an outstanding deal , they have a 14 % off deal going on now .

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I posted the BA sale a few days ago , i think a gallon each for under $40.00 shipped is an outstanding deal , they have a 14 % off deal going on now .
I think it was your post that i found it from,in the deals and steals steals thread,so thanks for posting it,i would of never known about it otherwise.I agree,it is the best deal i've seen,i was getting ready to order my usual $59 and some change deal that i usually get,but saving over $20 was a no brainer,i had to order it haha.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I think it was your post that i found it from,in the deals and steals steals thread,so thanks for posting it,i would of never known about it otherwise.I agree,it is the best deal i've seen,i was getting ready to order my usual $59 and some change deal that i usually get,but saving over $20 was a no brainer,i had to order it haha.

I just can't handle paying like $30.00 for shipping alone , thats brutal .

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Bit the bullet and bought the 5 gallon tub of VG. Pricing was great, shipping very expensive. All in all, I would do so again, and haven't bought any VG, or needed to for a year and a half now. It'll probably last me over two years. I just refill two 32 oz bottles and keep them in my cabinet for mixing. I highly recommend Bulk Apothecary, and while the shipping is expensive, if you're buying in large bulk, the numbers work just fine. However, I do realize that buying by the 5 gallon tub is not for most, so I wouldn't even bring it up, except that there's a lot of chatter about these "deals" on the thread, at the moment. I can't remember my final pricing, all-in, only that at the large quantity, it was the best deal I've seen to that time, and I'm happy with the purchase. I still buy PG by the pint, as I don't use so much, but I go through the VG as I mix at 70/30 VG/PG in all my juices. Eventually, I'll use all the VG and do plan to buy another tub from Bulk Apothecary. Anyway, my two cents...:2c: :toast: :D

:thumb: :vapor:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    A lot of people must go through more liquid than I do. I've been using out of the same 500ml bottle for two or three months now and still have half left. I know it's cheaper to buy bulk VG and use 100mg nic but I still buy 36mg. It's what I'm used to using and it works for me. I still use anywhere from 20-30mg and I go back and forth on my VG and pg percentage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread