Not open for further replies.

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
No worries!
That is subtract 3 drops (the amount you would put on a dripper to taste) of the total volume once you have given the current combination a quick stir. The "formula" tries to account for both liquid being added as well as being subtracted (by taste vaping).

This is a pretty good/fast method to get you an idea of taste and a ballpark idea of what percent is going to work for you. It is "down and dirty" meaning no nic and no pg so things will change a bit when you start mixing to your normal ratios. But I have found it to be quite helpful.

Confession time: I also vape "unflavored" e-juice (mixed at my usual 30P/70V 9mg/mL blend that I use for the majority of my recipes) so I have started using that in place of the PG drops and it gets me pretty spot on. But the whole purpose of this tool is to be simple, and fast, and reasonably accurate. So I don't suggest people go to the extra effort of making an unflavored blend; it starts to defeat the intent. But... if ya got it... ?

Again, pardon my denseness but, Red's still not getting it. Shown is add 1drop of PG, add 1drop of flavor and vape 3. :blink:
Can you give an example? I'm just glad I'm not mixing tonight. My gray matter couldn't handle it. :lol:

image.jpeg

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Again, pardon my denseness but, Red's still not getting it. Shown is add 1drop of PG, add 1drop of flavor and vape 3. :blink:
Can you give an example? I'm just glad I'm not mixing tonight. My gray matter couldn't handle it. :lol:

View attachment 559407
Stop apologizing, You have never pointed your finger at me and laughed hysterically, though I have certainly given everyone plenty of opportunity! :blush::lol:

It is cumulative. Basically like this:(, P=qty. of PG drops, F=qty. of flavor drops, T= Total qty of all drops)

1) start with 19P + 1F = 20T @ 5.0% 20T - 3T(to vape test) = 17T @ 5.0%
Do NOT start over. Instead add to what is left:
2) 17T @ 5.0% (left over from 1) + 7P + 1F = 25T @ 7.4%, 25T - 3T (to vape test) = 22T @ 7.4%
3) 22T @ 7.4% (left over from 2) + 3P + 3F = 28T @ 10.1% 28T - 3T (to vape test) = 25T @ 10.1%
4) 25T @ 10.1% (left over from 3) + 2P + 2F = 29T @ 12.8% 29T - 3T (to vape test) = 26T @ 12.8%
5) 26T @ 12.8% (left over from 4) + 3P + 1F = 30T @ 15.2% 30T - 3T (to vape test) = 27T @ 15.2%
6) 27T @ 15.2% (left over from 5) + 2P + 1F = 30T @ 17.3% 30T - 3T (to vape test) = 27T @ 17.3%
7) 27T @ 17.3% (left over from 6) + 1P + 1F = 29T @ 19.9% 29T - 3T (to Vape test) = 26T @ 19.9%
8) 26T @ 19.9% (left over from 7) + 1P + 1F = 28T @ 22.4% 28T - 3T (to vape test) = 25T @ 22.4%
9) 25T @ 22.4% (left over from 8) + 1P + 1F = 27T @ 24.8% 27T - 3T (to vape test) = 24T @ 24.8%

You might notice this escalates rather quickly so you will most likely never need to go through all 9 steps. Bill is a high flavor % style of mixer, and uses a lot of TFA, so this works nicely for his style.

I have begun to experiment with other flavor manufactures, and wanted something less aggressive, so I used his logic and came up with this lower percentage version.
It is important to note that this version uses a 25% DELUTED flavor in place of the full strength flavor called for in Bill's original chart.
I did this so the user wasn't going through a ton of extra product. Also note that the 20 drops total of the diluted flavor IS enough to go through all 9 steps of testing if so needed and yet does give you a bunch of waste if you do not. So here it is:

Start by making a 25% diluted flavor solution by mixing 5 drops of pure flavor with 15 drops of PG. This resulting solution will be used for my "Flavor drops." (This should give me 20 drops to work with)

Then:
1) Add 24 drops PG + 1 drop flavor solution = 25 total drops @ 1.00% -3 drops for vape = 22 drops
2) Add 0 drops PG + 1 drop flavor solution to remainder = 23 total drops @ 2.04% -3 vape = 20 drops
3) Add 1 drop PG + 1 drop flavor solution to remainder = 23 total drops @ 2.99% -3 vape = 19 drops
4) Add 6 drops PG + 2 drops flavor solution to remainder = 27 total drops @ 3.96% -3 vape = 24 dr.
5) Add 3 drops PG + 2 drops flavor solution to remainder = 29 total drops @ 5.00% -3 vape = 26 dr.
6) Add 2 drops PG + 2 drops flavor solution to remainder = 30 total drops @ 6.00% -3 vape = 27 dr.
7) Add 1 drop PG + 2 drops flavor solution to remainder = 30 total drops @ 7.07% -3 vape = 27 drops
8) Add 1 drop PG + 2 drops flavor solution to remainder = 30 total drops @ 8.03% -3 vape = 27 drops
9) Add 4 drops PG + 4 drops flavor solution to remainder = 35 total drops @ 9.05% -3 vape = 32 drops

A couple of final thoughts:
The shortcoming of this second method can be too gentle a change to taste the difference in the first few steps (especially with flavor manufactures you regularly use at higher percentages). Because of this, I will always start with Bill's version first, and only switch to my variation if it is too strong in first 1 or 2 steps of Bill's.
If you are always a low flavor mixer then you may be fine starting with the second version.

If you want to see the second version in table form click here. Sorry that it is a Jpeg, but I haven't set up a drop box, and PB doesn't accept Doc files. If you need it in doc format, just PM me and I can email it to you. But the Jpeg should print out full size (8.5x11). It did for me when I tested it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. :toast:

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

View attachment 559407
Do just what it says to start.....put 19 drops of pg in a container....add 1 drop of flavor....then out of that mixture take 3 drops onto whatever you are testing with....addy or dripper and vape it. If you like it then that is where you find the % of where to start your ejuice flavoring.
Taking that same mixture in your container, you then would add 7 more drops of pg and 1 drop of flavor and again, taking that mixture, drop 3 drops onto your dripper or atty and vape it. If you like that one then the % next to it is the one you would start your diy ejuice with......
So that on down the list it goes. You don't need to start over from scratch. You use the same container that you started with in the original 19 drops of pg........
By adding pg and flavor along the way and then testing it you begin to see how he is accomplishing the % of flavor to use.

Hope that was clear......at least that is what I thought you were asking. If not, then maybe someone else can be helped with this info
:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Do just what it says to start.....put 19 drops of pg in a container....add 1 drop of flavor....then out of that mixture take 3 drops onto whatever you are testing with....addy or dripper and vape it. If you like it then that is where you find the % of where to start your ejuice flavoring.
Taking that same mixture in your container, you then would add 7 more drops of pg and 1 drop of flavor and again, taking that mixture, drop 3 drops onto your dripper or atty and vape it. If you like that one then the % next to it is the one you would start your diy ejuice with......
So that on down the list it goes. You don't need to start over from scratch. You use the same container that you started with in the original 19 drops of pg........
By adding pg and flavor along the way and then testing it you begin to see how he is accomplishing the % of flavor to use.

Hope that was clear......at least that is what I thought you were asking. If not, then maybe someone else can be helped with this info
Nicely said! Now we will just wait and see if that clears it up for @Simply Red :D:thumbs:

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
Stop apologizing, You have never pointed your finger at me and laughed hysterically, though I have certainly given everyone plenty of opportunity! :blush::lol:

It is cumulative. Basically like this:(, P=qty. of PG drops, F=qty. of flavor drops, T= Total qty of all drops)

1) start with 19P + 1F = 20T @ 5.0% 20T - 3T(to vape test) = 17T @ 5.0%
Do NOT start over. Instead add to what is left:
2) 17T @ 5.0% (left over from 1) + 7P + 1F = 25T @ 7.4%, 25T - 3T (to vape test) = 22T @ 7.4%
3) 22T @ 7.4% (left over from 2) + 3P + 3F = 28T @ 10.1% 28T - 3T (to vape test) = 25T @ 10.1%
4) 25T @ 10.1% (left over from 3) + 2P + 2F = 29T @ 12.8% 29T - 3T (to vape test) = 26T @ 12.8%
5) 26T @ 12.8% (left over from 4) + 3P + 1F = 30T @ 15.2% 30T - 3T (to vape test) = 27T @ 15.2%
6) 27T @ 15.2% (left over from 5) + 2P + 1F = 30T @ 17.3% 30T - 3T (to vape test) = 27T @ 17.3%
7) 27T @ 17.3% (left over from 6) + 1P + 1F = 29T @ 19.9% 29T - 3T (to Vape test) = 26T @ 19.9%
8) 26T @ 19.9% (left over from 7) + 1P + 1F = 28T @ 22.4% 28T - 3T (to vape test) = 25T @ 22.4%
9) 25T @ 22.4% (left over from 8) + 1P + 1F = 27T @ 24.8% 27T - 3T (to vape test) = 24T @ 24.8%

You might notice this escalates rather quickly so you will most likely never need to go through all 9 steps. Bill is a high flavor % style of mixer, and uses a lot of TFA, so this works nicely for his style.

I have begun to experiment with other flavor manufactures, and wanted something less aggressive, so I used his logic and came up with this lower percentage version.
It is important to note that this version uses a 25% DELUTED flavor in place of the full strength flavor called for in Bill's original chart.
I did this so the user wasn't going through a ton of extra product. Also note that the 20 drops total of the diluted flavor IS enough to go through all 9 steps of testing if so needed and yet does give you a bunch of waste if you do not. So here it is:

A couple of final thoughts:
The shortcoming of this second method can be too gentle a change to taste the difference in the first few steps (especially with flavor manufactures you regularly use at higher percentages). Because of this, I will always start with Bill's version first, and only switch to my variation if it is too strong in first 1 or 2 steps of Bill's.
If you are always a low flavor mixer then you may be fine starting with the second version.

If you want to see the second version in table form click here. Sorry that it is a Jpeg, but I haven't set up a drop box, and PB doesn't accept Doc files. If you need it in doc format, just PM me and I can email it to you. But the Jpeg should print out full size (8.5x11). It did for me when I tested it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. :toast:

Nicely said! Now we will just wait and see if that clears it up for @Simply Red :D:thumbs:

O...M...G!!!! I understood all of that....before coffee!! :shock: :lol: I just knew you couldn't get 3 drops outta 2. :blink: Thanks, y'all! :thumbs:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I was working on putting an order together for BCV but they are out of the small bottles of ny cheesecake. I can't decide if I really want to get 4 oz or just wait.
Hey @hittman,
If you want it now, and are looking for smaller size, Wizard has both V1 and V2 in 8mL ($1.49) in stock.
Just an FYI... :)

Reactions: hittman

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Really good stuff! Thank you one and all!! :thumbs: I have added both the IW Shisha Strawberry and the Cap Sweet Strawberry to my next shopping list.

Caps Sweet Strawberry is a must for any Strawberry lover , another fantastic Strawberry is FA Strawberry , many call it "Red Touch". If you have Capella's Sweet Strawberry the Shisha is not a must since as others said very similar.

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
Caps Sweet Strawberry is a must for any Strawberry lover , another fantastic Strawberry is FA Strawberry , many call it "Red Touch". If you have Capella's Sweet Strawberry the Shisha is not a must since as others said very similar.

Hey! (just noticed this) Just so ya know, I didn't touch nuffin'! :lol:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
You'll want to buy your nic in VG since most flavorings are in PG.
All my flavorings & nic are in pg. I have to add very little pg to my final mix, mostly vg. I get flavors in pg because pg carries the flavor in vapor. It just made sense to me.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
After not making it for close to a year,i decided to make a batch of Bill's fire & ice recipe.Back when i made it before,it was my adv for a few months,using it in a protank on a 15 watt vamo.Fast forward to now,and i put it in my Griffin with my mod set to 40 watts,talk about an eye opener haha.After backing it down to 35 watts,it is fantastic,going back into the adv rotation for a good while now.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I put in an order with BCV yesterday and am getting the stuff I was missing to make lemonade along with some cap strawberry and ny cheesecake. Does anyone know what the difference is between the NY cheesecake and the V2? I just got the regular since I know I like it and the V2 was out of stock.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread