Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have been playing with TFA's Cherry Blossom with pretty good success.

My ongoing quest has been to find a true all-encompassing pipe tobacco. The kind that reminds me of my grandfather's tobacco pouch from the 1960's. One component of that is a cherry note... almost more fragrant than flavor. I have been using both TFA's Cherry Blossom and Black Cherry together between 1 and 1 1/2% each.

With the dominating flavors of the tobacco; the blossom could not stand on its own. That was when I found the addition of black cherry in a 2:3 ratio worked well (most recent efforts use 1.5% Blossom to 1% Black). It gives it a nice "nose" with a hint of cherry in the background flavors but doesn't turn it into that in-your-face cherry of a Swisher Sweet cigar.

I do not get any candy, artificial, or medicinal notes when used this way. But, do keep in mind, this is a tobacco forward/dominant effort. I am not sure how this would translate if you are working on a more cherry forward "fruit" recipe. :D
Thanks. I will add these to my shopping list.
:)

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
I tried adding some mandarin orange to the blood orange mix last night and loaded a tank today. The mandarin seems to have muted the orange flavor. Back to the drawing board.
Have you had a chance to try the Lemon Juice suggestion from pages ago, hittman?

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Not yet. I keep meaning to but forget. I think I'm going to dump out the current batch and start over. I put in an order a little bit ago for more blood orange and some ecto cooler to try.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    I made a close clone of agnostic brew's tribulation with honeydew, strawberry, and peach at 4% each. I liked the flavor but it always left my mouth feeling dry for some reason.

So your saying that mixing just fruits leaves a dry feel in your mouth and you need to add some kind of base like a cream to add moisture and smoothness to your mix?

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I got a bottle of ecto cooler in the mail today. Anyone that has used it have a suggestion on a recipe?
    I have a couple recipes saved that use it,if i can find them,i'll post them up.It is pretty good on it's own too though,i think i used it at around 10-12% solo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread