Not open for further replies.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Yeah it's some potent stuff,i used it a couple times and decided it's probably not a good flavor to keep using haha.My sons adv for several months was tfa banana cream,not sure which banana they use in that,but about once a month he would have to replace the plastic bell cap on his rta because they would get etched,then if he kept using the same one a bit longer,it would get cracks all the way through to where juice would slowly ooze through them.He finally decided that wasn't the best thing to be putting in his lungs haha.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I thought Banana Cream was safe and Ripe Banana was the problem. I've been using a lot of BC lately but only in Pro Tanks. Actually the only tanks I have with plastic are Kayfuns. Guess I should be OK with BC if I keep it out of the Kayfun.

Someone posted a list of TFA tank crackers and one on the list was Crème De Menthe. That's my number one flavor and I've kept a Kayfun loaded with it for quite a while. Doesn't seem to be any problem with the tank section yet. I did get a big bag of plastic tank sections from FT for 60c each so if it goes wrong it's not the end of the world.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Just a tad off topic but if anyone likes Red Velvet Cake this one is spot on. I mixed 30mls Sunday night but I think I'll be mixing more in the future.

5% red velvet cake - TFA
6% cream cheese icing - LA
3% vanilla swirl - TFA
1% vanilla cupcake - TFA

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I haven't had any issues with lemon yet,but then again the only plastic my lemon has touched has been the bottle it came in.It sucks though,because it seems the best flavors are the ones that like to eat stuff haha.Perfect example is cinnamon.I vaped probably a liter of Bill's fire & ice recipe,and loved that juice.My atty had glass tank so i didn't have to worry about it eating through that,but i was replacing o-rings every 3-4 days because the cinnamon would completely dissolve them haha.

That's scary. I hadn't heard about juice messing up o-rings. Is that just cinnamon or do all the flavors that damage plastic tanks also mess up o-rings? Is it the case that o-rings are silicon? Or just some of them? I always assumed silicon was immune to that kind of problem. Not sure why I assumed that. I never even check my o-rings. They tend to stay in their groove even when I clean a tank and I'm afraid of damaging them if I try to pry them out. I've never had to replace one in 2 years.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Just a tad off topic but if anyone likes Red Velvet Cake this one is spot on. I mixed 30mls Sunday night but I think I'll be mixing more in the future.

5% red velvet cake - TFA
    3% vanilla swirl - TFA
    1% vanilla cupcake - TFA

Just when I think I have all the flavors I need, there's one more. I'll add red velvet to a new list to order. Did you let it steep or shake and vape?

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2014
    NC
    Just when I think I have all the flavors I need, there's one more. I'll add red velvet to a new list to order. Did you let it steep or shake and vape?
    I mixed it up on Sunday night and tried it this morning so it steeped for a day and a half?

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    That's scary. I hadn't heard about juice messing up o-rings. Is that just cinnamon or do all the flavors that damage plastic tanks also mess up o-rings? Is it the case that o-rings are silicon? Or just some of them? I always assumed silicon was immune to that kind of problem. Not sure why I assumed that. I never even check my o-rings. They tend to stay in their groove even when I clean a tank and I'm afraid of damaging them if I try to pry them out. I've never had to replace one in 2 years.
    I'm not sure if it's just cinnamon or not,but that's the only one i've had the issue with.As for the o-rings,it didn't seem to bother the silicone ones at the top and bottom of the glass,the ones it kept eating were the black ones,whatever they are made of,rubber maybe?,they were on the bottom fill screw,and where the chimney screwed together.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio

5% red velvet cake - TFA
    3% vanilla swirl - TFA
    1% vanilla cupcake - TFA
    This sounds very similar to one i tried a while back,and it was great,reminded me of one of those little debbie red velvet cupcakes they have around valentines day haha.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I'm glad you mentioned that. I thought Banana Cream was safe and Ripe Banana was the problem. I've been using a lot of BC lately but only in Pro Tanks. Actually the only tanks I have with plastic are Kayfuns. Guess I should be OK with BC if I keep it out of the Kayfun.

Someone posted a list of TFA tank crackers and one on the list was Crème De Menthe. That's my number one flavor and I've kept a Kayfun loaded with it for quite a while. Doesn't seem to be any problem with the tank section yet. I did get a big bag of plastic tank sections from FT for 60c each so if it goes wrong it's not the end of the world.
    I had never heard of banana cream causing issues until he had them.It wasn't an immediate thing,it usually took about 2 weeks of constantly having that juice in the tank before it started,but once it started,it got agreesive pretty quick haha.The cracks would start 1 day,by the following day,it looked like how a shattered car windshield looks,where it looks like 1000's of small pieces all held together,then a few days after that the juice would start to ooze out of the cracks.
    I think some of those plastic kayfun tanks are made from a different type of plastic,so they may not be affected by those flavors.I got some of those clear tanks for my kayfun,the ones that look almost like glass,and never had any issues with those,the ones that look frosted/white kinda color don't seem to fare as well,and that is what his bell caps were was the frosted looking type.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I got some kayfun tanks from kidney puncher that were kind of frosted or textured looking and they've been fine with the menthol tobacco I run in them. I haven't tried anything else in them besides strawberry cheesecake. I did have a tank that came with a kayfun clone that got pretty messed up when using pineapple in it.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I got some kayfun tanks from kidney puncher that were kind of frosted or textured looking and they've been fine with the menthol tobacco I run in them. I haven't tried anything else in them besides strawberry cheesecake. I did have a tank that came with a kayfun clone that got pretty messed up when using pineapple in it.
    I haven't heard of any issues with menthol in plastic,but yeah pineapple is a monster haha,it ranks right there with banana ripe,maybe even worse.Most of the citrus type flavors are not plastic friendly either,another i have heard that will destroy plastic in a matter of minutes is Tfa cola.I have never tried it,but it must be some extremely aggressive stuff,a while back someone mentioned that it comes in an aluminum bottle when ordered direct from Tfa,so it doesn't eat the plastic bottle.I wanted to try it until i heard about that haha.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I put various types of vanilla in various mixes, more or less at random. I've got several TFA vanilla flavors. I really like vanilla. I'm thinking of trying to make some straight vanilla juice. Anyone got any suggestions. I did read somewhere that mixing several types of vanilla flavor together makes the flavor better.

ghola1was

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 20, 2013
    NV USA
    I put various types of vanilla in various mixes, more or less at random. I've got several TFA vanilla flavors. I really like vanilla. I'm thinking of trying to make some straight vanilla juice. Anyone got any suggestions. I did read somewhere that mixing several types of vanilla flavor together makes the flavor better.
    Might try one of Bill's Vanilla creations. Personally, I would cut down on the sweeteners, but that's just me.
    Speaking of Vanilla, ya'll, try this mix:

Vanilla Swirl - 4%
    Vanilla Bourbon - 2%
    French Vanilla - 4%
    Bavarian Cream - 3% OR
    French Vanilla Cream - 3% OR Both!!
    Vanillin - 3%
    Cotton Candy - 2%
    Sweetener - 2%

That's 20% - 30% Vanilla! You can add dulce de leche at 2% and Vanilla Bean at 4% to give it that thick vanilla milkshake flavor. Adjust and sweeten to taste. Yes, Ren, we need our vanillas!

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.

FW French Vanilla 12% stand alone has been an ADV for me from the beginning.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I'm afraid of damaging them if I try to pry them out. I've never had to replace one in 2 years.
    Speaking of o-rings: if you ever run into problems; I have had really good success with The O-Ring Store. They are an industrial supplier and therefore not familiar with vape equipment, but if you have the means to measure your o-rings (like a caliper), or can find sizing info from the mfg., they have tons of options. Various compression ratings, different chemical ratings, food grade.... and they are quite cheap. A few years back I had an issue with a couple of Vivi Nova tanks squishing the daylights out of the o-rings and I ended up ordering nearly 50 different o-rings to try (half a dozen of this one, half a dozen of that...) and even with shipping it was less than $20.
    I do have to say that I am a bit biased with "buy local" pride as they are based in Idaho. However, they don't have minimums, they don't gouge on shipping, and the options seem to be virtually limitless.

undertheradar

ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2010
    AZ
    So you use that recipe as a base and the three combined flavors make up 6% of the end mixture? I haven't tried the FA ry4 before.
    Yes. The FA RY4 used as the only flavoring in a mix is okay but tastes too "dry" for me. The TFA RY4 Double used as the only flavoring is delicious, but I find it a bit too sweet for an all day vape.
    I don't want tobacco with a hint of caramel. I want caramel with a hint of tobacco, and this mix does it for me.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread