Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Could it be that the larger coil with more wraps, single wire, spaced is allowing more juice to contact the coil & vaporize than the smaller id dual clapton?
It is certainly affecting a wider swath of wick. Not sure, with the substantially smaller wire (29 gauge) vs. 26 gauge core clapton (probably closer to 22(ish) gauge diameter for the wrapped 26), if there is much of a difference in surface area. I also wondered if using a spread (lightly stretched) coil instead of a contact style coil helps/hurts? My un-logic says that spread gives more/easier escape routes for the vapor. I have no clue... but I like it! ;)
What wattage are you vaping your 1.5 ohm? I'd love to revisit those waters, but I'm afraid I've become addicted to my dual Clapton 0.3 65 watt fill the house with vapor clouds 5 ml per hour vaping style. :)
It sounds, from this and your next post, that we are more similar than different in how we vape. I too am a DL vaper; though I am a shorter pull (only averaging about a 2 second drag) on a single pull (not your double pull). Set-up is similar dual claptons about 0.24-0.3 ohm; though I seem to like it between 38-45 watt range compared to your stated 65 watt. (Note: I use store-bought (UD?) Ni/Kanthal wire and just coil my own; I don't make mine from scratch.)

All that said; I think it might still work for you.

This current build is simply a dual coil 29 gauge Kanthal, 10 wraps @ 3mm ID. I stretched it lightly so that the width is just about the same width as the velocity style posts. I wicked it with Ko-Jen-Do OC. The wicking is slightly snug (it will kind of pull at the 29ga wire as I pulled it through but didn't permanently distort it). The result is reading 1.45 ohm.

Now 30-32 watts seems to be my sweet spot. I only have unflavored liquid in it right now so I can't compare any real flavor differences but the nicotine bite is about the same as the clapton set-up (which I have on a second regulated mod). The vapor production is actually greater/more dense than the clapton (which has the same liquid). I had forgotten to dial back the wattage at first and the vapor was so dense I choked on it (just from density; not heat).

So, if you have a regulated devise so you can play with the power level, I would say that it would at least be worth a try. :)
Speaking about getting the best flavor from our juice .. has anyone else tried the TFA Blue Raspberry.
I really like it, but I had to work my way up to 15% .
I didn't add anything, as I was testing the flavor solo.
It was plenty sweet for me, and has a nice flavor all by itself.
Some might think it would taste better with a touch of some kind of cream, or even a "bakery" added, but it's nice to know it doesn't take 4-8 other additives to get a good vape.
Holy Cow Slots! What are you doing? You're showing all the rest of us up by getting on topic again!!
7013.gif

Seriously; I hadn't even noticed TFA has a blue raspberry. How would you describe it? Is it like a blue slushy? Or does it have more of a citrus bite?

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Seriously; I hadn't even noticed TFA has a blue raspberry. How would you describe it? Is it like a blue slushy? Or does it have more of a citrus bite?
Now, first of all, I have to tell you my taste buds suck, after 56 years of smoking
With that said, it has enough sweetness, that there's not any citrus bite noticed.
Blueberry is a fairly "fragile" flavor, so you get the raspberry first.
I would not say you can actually taste the blueberry, but you can tell there's "something" in there that tempers the raspberry.
It makes for a nice (basically) raspberry-ish flavor.
There's no "slush" effect to it, but you could add a drop of kolada, or menthol and give it a slight icy/cool kick.
If you like raspberry, it's one of the better ones.
As usual, someone else may pick up more blueberry than I do.
In any case, it's one I'm keeping for a change :p

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
Bull city is having a 15% sale. I'm going to take advantage and stock up on some big bottles.

Treat yourself to 15% off your entire order when you shop Bull City Flavors on Monday, October 31. Enter promo code HALLOWEEN2016 at checkout. :D

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I haven't tried the pancake flavor but my first thoughts are butter flavor and some type of sweetener. Perhaps even some blueberry. I tried a blueberry pancake flavor from a vendor that was pretty decent before.

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
    Now, first of all, I have to tell you my taste buds suck, after 56 years of smoking
    With that said, it has enough sweetness, that there's not any citrus bite noticed.
    Blueberry is a fairly "fragile" flavor, so you get the raspberry first.
    I would not say you can actually taste the blueberry, but you can tell there's "something" in there that tempers the raspberry.
    It makes for a nice (basically) raspberry-ish flavor.
    There's no "slush" effect to it, but you could add a drop of kolada, or menthol and give it a slight icy/cool kick.
    If you like raspberry, it's one of the better ones.
    As usual, someone else may pick up more blueberry than I do.
    In any case, it's one I'm keeping for a change :p

If you love "Blue Raspberry" slush type flavors you must try Liquid Barns , it's incredible .

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Anybody got suggs. on how to use it?
    Your discription sounded interesting so I just did a quick look-see over at the banned recipe site. It looks like this might be one of the stronger one's for TFA. You might want to start low and work your way up.
    upload_2016-10-28_19-41-20.png

I found it interesting that one of the "notes" used "maple odor" and "eggy" in their description. Even if this is not a hit as a primary flavor it might be a useful mixer wherever you want a maple-y bakery note with some body.

Keep us informed; I am interested in what you think. :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I put in an order earlier. I didn't order as much as I thought I would. I did an inventory and found some bottles I forgot about. I did get some big bottles of my regulars and I got a small pancake since someone mentioned it. Maybe I'll try to come up with a blueberry pancake recipe.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2015
    Florida
    Could someone suggest a few flavors from tfa if I told you my favorite from them so far is the Hawaiian drink flavor? My go to mix right now is Hawaiian drink at about 8percent and tfa smooth at 1 percent.

The only other flavors I can recall trying from tfa were vanilla swirl, cinnamon red hots, grape candy and tfa juicy fruit.Didn't really care for any of these flavors besides the juicy fruit but the juicy fruit flavor always gunked the hell out of my wicks and I use rayon which is highly absorbent! Have over 100 dollars worth of flavoring just collecting dust cause I simply don't like the taste. Not from tfa but from other brands. Seems so hit or miss with ecig flavorings. I really enjoy fruit flavors watermelon and strawberry especially. Anything in same wheelhouse of tfa Hawaiian drink or FA strawberry red touch or LA Watermelon those have been the flavors I've used the absolute most in the past.

Thanks

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    @Chris863 , are you trying these flavors alone? Please realize most are not meant to be stand alone flavors, they need to be mixed with other flavors to make a good juice. I would suggest you look for recipes that interest you. There are lots of sources for recipes, including right here on ECF!

Chris863

ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2015
    Florida
    Next time I'm on ejuicemeup I'll have to look exactly what I tried with these specific tfa flavors, mostly use 2-3 flavors with the ones I mentioned though. I guess my main obstacle is a lot of recipes online that I find I dont always have all the flavors so I just wing it and try to improvise. I use the ELR database to find a starting percentage at least lol.

I would like to try and make the popular recipe thug juice as well but no menthol lol can't do any menthol. A grape kool aid or any kool aid type recipe would be great or anything similar to fruit candy jolly rancher type flavorings.

Like to sweeten the flavors more than most as I also add 3.3 percent stevia glycerite in all my recipes. Stevia I have is in 100 VG. From a brand called NOW foods :D

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Next time I'm on ejuicemeup I'll have to look exactly what I tried with these specific tfa flavors, mostly use 2-3 flavors with the ones I mentioned though. I guess my main obstacle is a lot of recipes online that I find I dont always have all the flavors so I just wing it and try to improvise. I use the ELR database to find a starting percentage at least lol.

I would like to try and make the popular recipe thug juice as well but no menthol lol can't do any menthol. A grape kool aid or any kool aid type recipe would be great or anything similar to fruit candy jolly rancher type flavorings.

Like to sweeten the flavors more than most as I also add 3.3 percent stevia glycerite in all my recipes. Stevia I have is in 100 VG. From a brand called NOW foods :D
    Have you ever tried a recipe without the Stevia? That may be where the problem lies.

Do you want specific tfa flavors? If not, try Real Flavors grape @ 15%. Nothing else. It is great all buy itself. You can vape immediately. As time goes on the flavor only gets better.
    :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I didn't save them because I don't like watermelon vapes but there have been a few recipes posted by people on this thread. I know there are a lot of pages but it might be worth a search.

I did do a fruit mix a while back that was close to Agnostic Brew's tribulation. It was 4% each of honeydew, strawberry ripe, and juicy peach.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2015
    Florida
    Have you ever tried a recipe without the Stevia? That may be where the problem lies.

Do you want specific tfa flavors? If not, try Real Flavors grape @ 15%. Nothing else. It is great all buy itself. You can vape immediately. As time goes on the flavor only gets better.
    :)

Yea Im pretty sure it's not the stevia it's been reviewed and tested by other vapors and I can attest there aren't any fillers like you would find in the powdered stevia packets. It's a 100 vg liquid and from what I understand it's just water vg and stevia extract.

I'll have to look for that real flavors grape hopefully they carry this at ecig express but if not I'm sure around this time of year I can get a good sale on it from somewhere else.

Several months ago, before I ordered some ejuice from a place called VaporVapes I had a question about the sweetener so I called the customer service number. Chris picks up who owns the shop and explains what he uses for sweetening etc. After my initial question we got to talking about flavorings cause I told him I enjoy making my own juice. Chris went on to say he only uses tfa flavors and that his shop in California is located right next to the tfa factory where all the flavorings are made.

He also explained how he'll routinely go over to the factory sampling flavors first hand giving feedback to tfa flavorists about whether or not the flavoring is suitable for vaping.

Chris said tfa makes flavors just for vaping and some of their flavorings will gunk up your wicks and should be avoided. It is mainly diacteyl that causes issues but there are other additives in some of tfas flavorings that will result in gunked up wicks.

Such a chill down to earth dude and really has great talent in mixing juice. Best vendor Ive had the pleasure of ordering from. I can vape an entire tank 6ml on my aromamizer with VaporVapes juice and the wick is completely clean no black spots at all, unlike my juices that get all black and gunky lol. Crafting ejuice truly is an art form like being a professional chef.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread