englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Add marshmallow, trust me ;)

This was about adding Marshmallow to Banana Cream. I finally got some ordered from the WL New Year sale and tried it. It really does work and now my Banana Cream has gone from pleasant but unexciting to being at the top of my list. So thanks for that one.

While I'm on the subject thanks to whoever suggested adding Dragon Fruit to wimpy fruit flavors, and Sweet Woodruff to Vanilla. I think that was @IDJoel. Tried them both this last week and they both gave me some great new flavors.

I wonder sometimes. I mean, where does something like adding Sweet Woodruff to Vanilla come from? It's not like there's some logical path to figuring that out. Or maybe there is. Whatever, I benefit from the contributions of a lot of people who know a lot about flavors and take the time to share it all.

I do appreciate it folks.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
While I'm on the subject thanks to whoever suggested adding Dragon Fruit to wimpy fruit flavors, and Sweet Woodruff to Vanilla. I think that was @IDJoel. Tried them both this last week and they both gave me some great new flavors.
I'm afraid I can't take credit for that; at least not the Sweet Woodruff. That's a new one to me too. Dragon Fruit is one I see frequently shared by several folks here in the community and I, like you, picked that up along the way. It works nicely without overpowering the primary fruit. :D

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    and now my Banana Cream has gone from pleasant but unexciting to being at the top of my list
    Do you mind sharing the recipe. I've got one steeping right now that has potential that was good ATM, and I'll probably start into it mid week.

I find a good ripe banana is such a delicate elusive flavor for my taste buds.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Do you mind sharing the recipe. I've got one steeping right now that has potential that was good ATM, and I'll probably start into it mid week.

I find a good ripe banana is such a delicate elusive flavor for my taste buds.

I use TFA Banana Cream. I heard Ripe Banana eats syringes and I never touch flavors which do that. Too much trouble, despite people saying it improved the banana flavor.

The one I just made is just 10% Banana Cream and 2% Marshmallow (or 3%, can't remember). I've tried adding sweet cream, Bavarian Cream Graham Cracker, vanilla, sweetener and various other odds and ends in the past. But I wanted to try the Marshmallow on it's own with banana cream to see what effect it had. It did bring out the banana flavor which is what I had been trying to do for a while without success. I had given up and just been using straight Banana Cream for while, which is pleasant but rather weak flavor-wise. I'll go back now and try it again with the other secondary flavors now I've got the banana working better.

What was your recipe?

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Just started vaping this today, and I think it's pretty good. A deep rich banana where you can almost taste the aged rum. I think I copied this from elsewhere and adjusted to my taste. If anything I might bump up the oakwood by 1% more.

10% Bananas Foster (TPA)
    1% Caramel (FA)
    4% Jamaican Rum (TPA)
    1% Oak Wood (FA)
    3% Vienna Cream (FA)

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    Wondering if anyone has tried ever tried making a "toasted almond" juice. I just ate a Good Humor ice cream bar of that flavor, and thought it might be a good, sweet vape. Might be a little complicated for my level, but I'm going to do a search for fun.

refused

Verified Member
    Jan 13, 2012
    United States
    www.facebook.com
    Here is one I am working on
    Coconut 3%
    Toasted almond 4℅
    Dulce de leche Caramel .8%
    Bavarian cream 1%

Still working on ratios of coconut and toasted almond and the dulce de leche is a pretty strong flavor but I think it's a good vape.
    I make it at 70 VG 30 pg

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Wondering if anyone has tried ever tried making a "toasted almond" juice. I just ate a Good Humor ice cream bar of that flavor, and thought it might be a good, sweet vape. Might be a little complicated for my level, but I'm going to do a search for fun.

I haven't tried it but I would start with something like this:

TFA Toasted Almond 4%
    FA Almond 1%
    TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 4%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl 1%
    TFA Dark Chocolate Clear 2%
    TFA Milk Chocolate 3.5%
    TFA Sweetener (Optional to taste)

I am a push over for any crunchy, toasted almond covered ice cream bar such as Hagen Das, Good Humor, etc. Thanks for the inspiration, I may try something like this over the weekend.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 19, 2010
    New York
    I haven't tried it but I would start with something like this:

TFA Toasted Almond 4%
    FA Almond 1%
    TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 4%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl 1%
    TFA Dark Chocolate Clear 2%
    TFA Milk Chocolate 3.5%
    TFA Sweetener (Optional to taste)

I am a push over for any crunchy, toasted almond covered ice cream bar such as Hagen Das, Good Humor, etc. Thanks for the inspiration, I may try something like this over the weekend.

While I don't have all those flavors, toasted almond is now on my buy list. So far in my DIY journey, I'm finding the less ingredients I use, the better and longer lasting the taste I'm going for, lasts. My crazy long ingredient experiments, have resulted in less flavor overall. I'll probably try:

Toasted Almond
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
    Graham Cracker
    A little sweetener

These are some of the flavors I've come across for a Good Humor Toasted Almond bar.

Let us know how yours turns out!

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    While I don't have all those flavors, toasted almond is now on my buy list. So far in my DIY journey, I'm finding the less ingredients I use, the better and longer lasting the taste I'm going for, lasts. My crazy long ingredient experiments, have resulted in less flavor overall. I'll probably try:

Toasted Almond
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
    Graham Cracker
    A little sweetener

These are some of the flavors I've come across for a Good Humor Toasted Almond bar.

Let us know how yours turns out!

Likewise. With those flavors you should have no issues capturing the toasted almond and ice cream. I'm sure it will be a tasty mix. Good luck!

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Quiet in here this evening... Curiosity question. Are you folks mixing the high % recipes utilizing all (or most) TFA or have you migrated to lower total flavor percentage (<15%) mixes adding a few other flavors from other vendors? After about 11 months, I have migrated to the latter option. Don't get me wrong, I love many TFA flavors. To name a few of my "go to" TFA flavors, VBIC, Vanilla Swirl, White Chocolate, Vanillin, Marshmallow, Strawberry Ripe, Double RY4, Raspberry Sweet, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Pie Crust, Orange Mandarin, Key Lime, Graham Cracker Clear, English Toffee, Vanilla Cupcake, Dragonfruit, Coconut Extra, Blueberry Wild, Blueberry Extra, Cheesecake Graham Crust, Brown sugar, and Acetyl Pryazine.

TFA is very versatile and they make many great flavors. Happy mixing!:)

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Quiet in here this evening... Curiosity question. Are you folks mixing the high % recipes utilizing all (or most) TFA or have you migrated to lower total flavor percentage (<15%) mixes adding a few other flavors from other vendors? After about 11 months, I have migrated to the latter option. Don't get me wrong, I love many TFA flavors. To name a few of my "go to" TFA flavors, VBIC, Vanilla Swirl, White Chocolate, Vanillin, Marshmallow, Strawberry Ripe, Double RY4, Raspberry Sweet, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Pie Crust, Orange Mandarin, Key Lime, Graham Cracker Clear, English Toffee, Vanilla Cupcake, Dragonfruit, Coconut Extra, Blueberry Wild, Blueberry Extra, Cheesecake Graham Crust, Brown sugar, and Acetyl Pryazine.

TFA is very versatile and they make many great flavors. Happy mixing!:)
    I use different brands. The same flavor tastes different from one to the other. I've only been mixing for about a year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I use different brands. The same flavor tastes different from one to the other. I've only been mixing for about a year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

@Kenna, absolutely agreed. IMO, this is the added fun (challenge) with DYI. Finding the flavor made by 4-5 different companies that best matches your tastebuds.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    .. Curiosity question. Are you folks mixing the high % recipes utilizing all (or most) TFA or have you migrated to lower total flavor percentage (<15%) mixes adding a few other flavors from other vendors?

I'm at 130 different flavors with 50% being TFA's. The only 2 I replenish in 120ml's at a time are TFA Strawberry and VBIC. I'm mainly TFA in most recipes, just ballparking ~15% in concentrates. I find I now rarely need to use my VG nic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread