Status
Not open for further replies.

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
The times that I have had marzipan, it always looked like this.
marzipan-strawberry-apple-fig_1.jpg

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I've never tried it but I can tell you that the flavoring has some kind of fruit taste to it.

Guess that was my point....I know it's almond paste...but....but....but, thought for sure it had a hint of some kind of fruit too...lol

Having never tried this Marzipan flavoring, please understand I am not questioning you. Perhaps there is some fruit flavor in this one, I don't know. If you taste fruit it's probably there!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I made a test batch with the marzipan flavor I got recently. I can't quite place the fruit but it tastes like a slightly tart fruit with a little almond in the background. It's a pleasant flavor and could be used as a single flavor mix.

Good, I was hoping for that. What would be a second flavor that you might consider adding?

I don't know for sure. Maybe some kind of vanilla or a little sweetener like EM.

Here is a Flavor art recipe that uses marzipan, I have not tried it, and I am not sure where I got it, but maybe it might give you a idea on how to use it. :unsure:

2% FA Marzipan
1% FA Meringue
0.5% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Almond
0.5% FA Lemon Sicily

KAS

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I know that this is a TFA thread but I got a mix of different brands on my last order. Now I'm sampling blueberry graham waffle from FW. It's pretty good as a single flavor mix but could probably use a little sweetener or vanilla. It has a nice tartness to the blueberry.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Honolulu, HI
    I've been pretty much stuck on the Dropbox recipes for pink starburst, Apple jacks, Twinkie, and my own melona for years. after all this time and all the flavours I have and never use... now I decide that I need peanut butter and ry4 double to try the peanut brittle recipe *Facepalm*

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Slots

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2012
    Eastern Wa.
    did anyone get anywhere with the kir royale (black currant champagne) ?
    I used what I had on hand, and I just tasted it this morning.
    It's 4 weeks old, and tastes great.
    I used INW Black Current, with LA Champagne ... nice flavor.
    I'll be putting this in the "keeper" file.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    yet another incapacitation spell but i'm back again (and with gym funding so hopefully daily physio programming will mean no more complete incapacities)
    did anyone get anywhere with the kir royale (black currant champagne) ?
    Bummer! Sorry to hear you have been having such a tough run of it. :( I am glad that you have hope for better ways to manage! :D

For recap purposes:
    My initial perceptions immediately after mixing:
    On the 5% CB:10% C mix (trial #1): very light berry (kind of a cross between fresh blackberry/boysenberry/raspberry with a pleasant hint of sweet and just a suggestion of tart; no tannin note) along with a suggestion of a light white wine. Not getting much of a suggestion of the "fizz" I remember from previous use of TFA's champagne.
    On the 8% CB:8% C mix (trial #2) : Berry is a bit more prevalent but muddled (and overpowering?) the wine characteristics of other mix. This will need to settle if it is going to be useful.

Results remain similar to the previous report. I am chalking up the 8%/8% as a fail. The TFA Black Currant wasn't overwhelming as I had feared, but did indeed bury the TFA Champagne. The was zero perception of a cocktail. It was vapable but not anything I would ever seek to make again.

The 5%/10% mix was better. It was rather pleasant with a nice light berry note forward with a tough of "fizz." What was missing was the white wine part of the champagne. It could be because my TFA Champagne concentrate is older (over a year) or it could be that it just doesn't offer that in its profile. I have used it in the past to get that "fizziness" in other recipes (with success), and where a "wine" note would not have been particularly desirable, and I can't recall that ever being a problem. So with that, I am guessing it is more the profile of that particular concentrate, and not so much flavor loss due to age.

The 5%/8% was pleasant and something I would continue to work with. But I would look for either a different Champagne, or an additional concentrate, to impart the missing wine component that is so far missing from my efforts. Unfortunately, at the moment, I do not have anything in my inventory to try. I will add it to my list and get some as budget permits.

I like this concept (for my own use; as well as possibly assisting you) so I will revisit. I like what @Slots has going too. Assuming I don't come up with some "Oh my God!" creation before you are ready to start your own exploration; I would not hesitate following her lead.

Slots

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2012
    Eastern Wa.
    I like what @Slots has going too. Assuming I don't come up with some "Oh my God!" creation before you are ready to start your own exploration; I would not hesitate following her lead.
    Just a quick warning if you decide to try the INW Black Current ... SUPER strong flavor.
    I only used 1 drop in a 3ml test :toast:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I'm still working through the new flavors from my last order. I love fw lemonade and got strawberry lemonade from them. I just used it instead of regular lemonade in the recipe. Shake and vape, it's pretty good. Might need a little tweaking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread