Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Looking for the Lemon with the longest lasting taste. Suggestions?
Lemon Sicily is like the Lemon Cello beverages. Delicious! For those having flavor fade problems try a few drops of Real Lemon per 30ml to set the flavor. This works with fruits, too. You can't taste the lemon but it will 'brighten' flavor, & keep it from fading.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
It lasts just a bit longer than Tfa's lemon,but still fades rather fast.I bought it for a recipe i found a while back,made the sample,let it sit a bit over a week and the lemon was gone haha.
The person who posted that recipe suggested adding 1 drop of the lemon to your tank after it fades though,and that brings it back.
Donvt wait till it fades. Do it when you mix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I wonder why lemon fades but lemonade doesn't?
Perhaps something in the lemonade (that is not in the lemon) is bonding with/stabilizing the volatile, aromatic notes which lemon seems so dependent on? Has anyone tried using small amounts of lemonade (small enough to stay WAY in the background) to see if it helps to extend the shelf life of lemon?

Also, has anyone experimented with blending two, or more, Lemons to see if that might help with longevity?

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Also, has anyone experimented with blending two, or more, Lemons to see if that might help with longevity?

Sorry, not TFA but this blend of lemon has worked very well for me and has successfully addressed the lemon fade issue. I use this blend in a Lemon Tart recipe along with 3% FW Lemon Meringue Pie.

Lemon Mix (INA) 0.25%
Lemon Sicily (FA) 3%

The Inawera Lemon Mix is strong, (pucker strong) so if you try it out, go slow. I'm sure it would work well with CAP Lemon Sicily or Juicy lemon.

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
Sorry, not TFA but this blend of lemon has worked very well for me and has successfully addressed the lemon fade issue. I use this blend in a Lemon Tart recipe along with 3% FW Lemon Meringue Pie.

Lemon Mix (INA) 0.25%
Lemon Sicily (FA) 3%

The Inawera Lemon Mix is strong, (pucker strong) so if you try it out, go slow. I'm sure it would work well with CAP Lemon Sicily or Juicy lemon.
So inawera lemon helps the fade issue. That is my problem right now. I am on a lemon cookie. An vanilla lime cheesecake. An I have to drop a couple drops of lime in my tank. But it is so so good

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
can anyone help me with tfa pie crust. It smells so strong. I am a little scarred to use it. I was wanting it for like a little crust in blueberry and then with some lemon an cream. I don't know. I have west blueberry pie recipe an it calls for 3%. An blueberry 9% after smelling an tasting it I think that would be really high.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
can anyone help me with tfa pie crust. It smells so strong. I am a little scarred to use it. I was wanting it for like a little crust in blueberry and then with some lemon an cream. I don't know. I have west blueberry pie recipe an it calls for 3%. An blueberry 9% after smelling an tasting it I think that would be really high.
What pct do you usually use for blueberry? I would use that and start the pie crust@1%.
:)

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks,Zak:) Since lemon is one of only 3 fruits I can vape I'll be getting the INW Lemon to try with my Lemon Sicily.

My pleasure. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me. It is the flavor they call Lemon Mix.

LEMON MIX - Inawera Flavors

Last edited:

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So inawera lemon helps the fade issue. That is my problem right now. I am on a lemon cookie. An vanilla lime cheesecake. An I have to drop a couple drops of lime in my tank. But it is so so good

Yes, the Inawera Lemon Mix has worked well for me. I am not a big fan of lemon flavors but a few forum friends who love lemon agreed when they sampled the mix. The addition of INA Lemon Mix at low percentages made a very big difference in a positive way.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I'll be getting the INW Lemon to try with my Lemon Sicily.
So inawera lemon helps the fade issue.
My pleasure. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me. It is the flavor they call Lemon Mix.
LEMON MIX - Inawera Flavors
Just for clarification: Inawera makes multiple lemon flavored concentrates. Do not confuse the Lemon Mix, which is what @I'mnotZak is referring to, with Lemon. I don't know if the INW Lemon would help the same way I'mnotZak is suggesting INW Lemon Mix will. I don't want to see anyone order the wrong thing.;)

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I know this isn't a TFA flavor - but I have been looking for a true smack_ya in da face cinnamon and I found a recipe from react ( :: Fried IceCream (Chocolate Topped) ✅ ). I absolutely LOVE the way he explains the "whys" in his selection of flavors. The insight is invaluable when mixing - IMHO.

Anyways, he says this about Rich Cinnamon (Rich Cinnamon by Flavorah )

react -
About Rich Cinnamon Flavorah:
This is the best cinnamon flavor ever created. It is expensive, $12.49 for 15ml bottle but it will last for the rest of your life including your children. The most powerful flavor ever too, If you dont like cinnamon too much, use it 1 drop per 50ml. So 1 drop per 30ml means strong and front cinnamon flavor. Lets say if we are going to make 100ml eliquid, 3 drops of rich cinnamon is enough as a distinct spice cinnamon taste and no it cannot be replaced in this recipe, it has a unique taste for fried icecream.

If you don't have this in your DIY box and you love cinnamon or a spicy note - GET IT. The $12.49 is worth it - you will use DROPS of this and it will last...well, mine wont because putting this stuff in everything I can think of right now, but it could last a lifetime!

First recipe (adapted from react's fried ice cream above) - as some know, I have a several flavors from Real Flavors in the VG line (not a fan of the VG line but the RF Super Concentrate is working out very well) so I'm using up the RFVG in my mixes and just adding to them.

RFVG Graham Cracker 8%
RFVG Meringue 4%
TFA VBIC 2%
RFSC White Chocolate 1.5% (this stuff is GUD!)
Sweetener 1%
AP .5%

I did 30mls of this so I could use ONE DROP of Rich Cinnamon. I let it breathe a few hours - shake - and couldn't stand it - it smells SO GOOD. Of course with a steep the flavors will come out but right now I'm enjoying this very much. Very creamy with a rich full cinnamon with a bit of spice.
Enjoy!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread