The French Inhale

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I can't do it either, but I nose inhaled for a while after my oral surgery. Yes, I would stick that driptip in my nose, inhale down the back of my throat, then right back up. To be fair, it wasn't really fun and I didn't vape much, but I was passed out a lot of the time (you can't vape or smoke after oral surgery, no suction). It worked better than I thought it would, but it dried out my nose something fierce. If I have to have more surgery, I might consider the patch this time, so I'm not doing it as much. I did go three days on one tank of juice though, it's quite a "hit" for some reason I can't figure out, maybe the sinuses absorb a lot more nic that I thought!

I can exhale out of my nose with MTL though, no problems I am just not dexterous enough for the French inhale.

Anna
Ahah nice story anna XD, i've had oral surgery last winter too,unfortunately it was before i quit smoking -.-. Even more annoying was the fact i found an even better way than doing it via the nose :p Took a sterile pad type thing,put it over the tooth hole wet it a bit and then smoke normally. Basically the wet pad should stop any smoke from passing over it and getting into my tooth hole,work quite well though i tried to smoke as little as possible still.

Reactions: Letitia

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
When I had 24 teeth removed and bone shaving for my dentures the first time, the husband rigged me up a nose smoking Drill. I was in crazy amounts of pain for advil alone so I wasn't about to stop smoking, LOL. That drill somehow he made some attachment for it, so that smoke shot right out of that thing, I could just sniff it, and it practically SHOVED smoke up my nose. It was kind of funny.

I really DID not want dry sockets, but I wasn't about to quit smoking under those circumstances, either. That first surgery sucked more than any of the other ones, but I got through it. LOL. Thinking about that on my way to the oral surgeon today, I feel heartened. Whatever happens it can't Possibly be WORSE than that first surgery, man. They wouldn't let me do that one AWAKE, and I'm kinda glad about it. But surely some bone GRAFTING (if that is what it ends up being) can't be worse than that. THAT SUCKED SO HARD.

I didn't get dry sockets either, but I do have fond (and hazy) memories of my nose smoking drill, LOL. They also said to wear my dentures for two days afterward, to contain the swelling, and when I finally tore it out of there, it wasn't good. I remember chunks of scab, gum, and blood had adhered my denture to the roof of my mouth. According to the husband (I don't have a good memory of it) I just ripped that sucker out, placed it gently and carefully on the sink, and just passed out, immediately. :)

Sorry for those of you this grosses out. It was gross. I've always found nasal to be best, though my current oral surgery office told me I could vape with my dentures in, I just felt it wasn't the greatest idea for the most part. I tore a lot of stitches doing that the first surgery, so I pretty much went "nose vape" the next time.

Anna

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
When I had 24 teeth removed and bone shaving for my dentures the first time, the husband rigged me up a nose smoking Drill.

24 opportunities for dry socket - just hearing about it is enough to give me nightmares.

I was still smoking when I had my wisdom teeth out. I used a pin to poke holes in my cigarette until the draw was really loose and smoked that way. I thought it was quite creative, but it has nothing on a nose smoking drill! It's amazing what we'll come up with to feed the addiction.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah... Sorry. :( I told my husband way ahead of time that he was going to have to make something work for me, or someone was gonna die, LOL. It is amazing how creative one can get but really, going through surgery of that type is like the WORST time to quit, heh. I'm always amazed by the folks who can just lay off for whatever number of days, but I am not that person. Especially since I don't do opiates. I didn't get a single dry socket though! WIN?? :lol:

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Don't forget culottes! :lol: The French invented those things and actually wear them. My mother bought me many culottes and I was fine with them.... Until I moved to Australia in middle school. The Aus kids were not kind about my culottes. :lol::lol: Or accent. It sucked.

Who wants a pair of shorts that look like a skirt but not really at all? WHO?

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread