Status
Not open for further replies.

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
The Blue Premium 100 is larger than the regular Blu -- it is essentially a 510 stick with a nice charger pack. Big improvement over the standard Blu which is much smaller (more like a 306 in size). You can still get plenty of use out of it!

It is compatible with Boge/Smoktech 510 cartos - they fit and look great. You're going to hear plenty of people tell you not to use low resistance cartos on it, but I measured a Blu pre-fill and it was 2.2 ohms. Order some empty 2.0 ohm Boge or Smoktech cartos for about 6-7 bucks and fill them with your own juice. You will get quite a satisfying vape on it.

My first ecig was the standard Blu, without it I wouldn't be more than a year smoke free! I still have that kit, too. Since it's the smaller one, I order 306 cartos for it and keep it charged. I don't use it very often, but it really comes in handy for certain events and it makes a good loaner.

Thanks guys for all the great responses. I know it's inevitable that I will want something cool and much better in time. I emailed Vape NY and Spike wants me to try an ego mini kit an egoJ. its $30 with an $8 bottle of juice free. I did however invest in some Johnson Creek juice and a syringe tube thingy that cleans and re-fills old cartos. Time will tell

Hi Todd, I also started with a Blu 100 starter kit, and damn if it didn't get me off cigs! That's huge in my book. Since you're already familiar with JC, order som eof their Via cartos and hook them up to your Blu battery, you'll be amazed. I've since invested in an all day Ego 1000 mah battery, which is a nice addition if you're a heavy vaper... But I still keep the Blu batteries charged as they're nice when discretion is important.

BusterTheDog

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
Florida
I would suggest anyone who is going to make the jump from Blu to a better experience with new hardware to look at the FastTech thread.You will not just find out about great prices but you can also see what configurations and options others are buying. I would also say look into the Mt Baker Vapor thread for some great flavors at really good prices. I would also like to say I can not bash Blu because for me as well as many others it was a gateway to something better and I will always appreciate that. Good luck on your journey you are already way ahead for having found this forum/community.

jimbol

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Southern Maryland
I use Blu (100 kit). I was a heavy smoker so I use a Vea as well. Blu is my out and about vape. So far I haven't had the battery problems others have had. The prefilled cartos are more expensive than juice but they work best with it in my mind. The Vea is what I use at home. Still looking for a good flavor for it. I like Blu's flavors but I mix them up so I don't get tired of any one flavor.

It's all about finding what's comfortable.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
I just started using the Blu premium kit and while I have my gripes with the battery life, it generally works for me. The biggest draw for me, personally, was being able to pop into just about any store and get refills without waiting for a shipment. Does Blu have problems? Oh yeah: relatively poor CS, frequent shortages in their online store, higher price per consumable, and the extremely short battery life.

For the time being, however, I'm willing to accept these shortcomings. Once I've been off analogs for a while longer, I'll explore other options, but for now it works for me.

What I don't understand is why so many people seem to want to disparage people who use the product. Everyone has to find a solution that suits them and no one else. :)

vrodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
East Central Alabama
What I don't understand is why so many people seem to want to disparage people who use the product. Everyone has to find a solution that suits them and no one else. :)

A lot of those may have started on Blu & may have tended to forget that they are what got them introduced to vaping. I also started with Blu & quickly realized that there had to better products out there. After visiting a local B&M shop & talking with the owner, I bought a VV ego style battery w/a Vivi Nova tank & of course juice. What a difference in experience. Despite their many shortcomings, I will give Blu credit for being around to at least get an idea on what vaping was.

yes, we all find do the solution that suits us. :thumbs:

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
A lot of those may have started on Blu & may have tended to forget that they are what got them introduced to vaping. I also started with Blu & quickly realized that there had to better products out there. After visiting a local B&M shop & talking with the owner, I bought a VV ego style battery w/a Vivi Nova tank & of course juice. What a difference in experience. Despite their many shortcomings, I will give Blu credit for being around to at least get an idea on what vaping was.

yes, we all find do the solution that suits us. :thumbs:

I couldn't have said it better myself!

That's exactly the position I'm in right this moment; for all the relative positives of the product --particularly, in my case, the ability to buy refills pretty much anywhere-- the overall ROI and TCO that I was willing to overlook for the convenience is giving me pause. Though I will say this: I travel overseas for work multiple times in a month, and having these has saved me from giving in and buying a pack of analogs too many times to count, particularly in an airport where going out for a smoke and going back through security used to be a royal PITA! With the Blu, I was always able to quietly vape somewhere and get my nicotine fix to hold me over until I got to my destination. And with six hours over to London and another two or three hours on another plane sometimes, it was a life saver!

That said, I've already decided that it's time to move on to another product better suited to my needs, I only wish I hadn't been so enthusiastic to have purchased several boxes of cartridges. I have kits coming from Apollo and Green Smoke, and I'm certain that one of them will be my new device, but none of that would have been possible without Blu (for me, at least). I like to view the product in the context of "training wheels" for the e-cig world; you start with them to get your legs under you, and then you graduate to a more advanced product.

Sure, the product has more than its share of shortcomings, but it will always hold a special place in my heart for having gotten me started on the path away from tobacco, and it did that successfully and painlessly. I've not even thought of buying a pack of Newports since I started vaping, and I've tried many, many times over the last 20+ years to quit. Cold turkey, patch, gum, acupuncture, none of those worked in the long-term.

I'll still keep my kit, obviously, because selling these things is almost impossible to do; it'll go into a desk drawer for those "just in case" moments I find myself without cartos or juice, but it got me off analogs, and that's the most important thing of all!

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
I agree that they will be good backups for you in times of crisis and worth hanging onto. They might not have much resale value but you could also consider them as loaners for people you know or meet who are curious. Who knows, they might just save somone's life.

That's a very good point, and something that I hadn't actually stopped to consider.

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
I agree that they will be good backups for you in times of crisis and worth hanging onto. They might not have much resale value but you could also consider them as loaners for people you know or meet who are curious. Who knows, they might just save somone's life.

good advice. though i gotta say that three years ago a friend would let me use his blu a few times and it totally turned me off to e-cigs in general so i stuck with smoking analog ciggies. then a few weeks ago i started researching e-cigs, i can't even remember what got me interested again. read alot of reviews about what brands are considered the top 5, and i ended up getting an Apollo standard kit. i've been tobacco free for 10 days now and am having fun exploring all that the vaping world has to offer. i wish i hadn't let my initial dislike of blu put me off of e-cigs altogether, but i'm here now and i just wish these things were around 20 years ago when i started smoking.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
The Blue Premium 100 is larger than the regular Blu -- it is essentially a 510 stick with a nice charger pack. Big improvement over the standard Blu which is much smaller (more like a 306 in size). You can still get plenty of use out of it!

It is compatible with Boge/Smoktech 510 cartos - they fit and look great. You're going to hear plenty of people tell you not to use low resistance cartos on it, but I measured a Blu pre-fill and it was 2.2 ohms. Order some empty 2.0 ohm Boge or Smoktech cartos for about 6-7 bucks and fill them with your own juice. You will get quite a satisfying vape on it.

My first ecig was the standard Blu, without it I wouldn't be more than a year smoke free! I still have that kit, too. Since it's the smaller one, I order 306 cartos for it and keep it charged. I don't use it very often, but it really comes in handy for certain events and it makes a good loaner.

I'm curious to know: I have the standard premium kit, and as been discussed, it doesn't last very long at all. I've relegated it to backup status for when I'm waiting for my blank cartos or more e-juice to arrive.

Does the premium 100 setup really last that much longer? If it does, perhaps I'll get that. It'll still be a backup, but at least I'll last longer (presumably).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013

Funny. I have been using this for the weekend while I wait for my refill supplies to arrive.

Also, I had loaned it to my neighbor to try, as he had a bad experience with disposable E-Cigs. He was so thrilled that he got his own kit. Like me, he was particularly thrilled by the fact that he could pickup refills at virtually any retail store in our area (NYC). If nothing else, I really think the Blu is a good starter kit to get your feet wet.

BTW, his starter kit (bought from Walgreen's) is one of the newer kits, with a slimmer charger case, and while it looks like the premium case, it is about the size of an iPhone, only holds three spare cartos, and doesn't have the social features.

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
I'm curious to know: I have the standard premium kit, and as been discussed, it doesn't last very long at all. I've relegated it to backup status for when I'm waiting for my blank cartos or more e-juice to arrive.

Does the premium 100 setup really last that much longer? If it does, perhaps I'll get that. It'll still be a backup, but at least I'll last longer (presumably).

I started with the regular kit, then bought a couple of the premium 100 batteries. The FAQ's on the Blu website list the premium 100 battery as lasting around 3X the regulars, and I can vouch for that. Still, the failure rate on the batteries has been high for me, typically gets stuck on because the pressure/vacuum switch gets stuck. Were I you, there are other similarly sized 510 batteries from other manufacturers that should be looked at, and the manual button really isn't that big a deal.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
I started with the regular kit, then bought a couple of the premium 100 batteries. The FAQ's on the Blu website list the premium 100 battery as lasting around 3X the regulars, and I can vouch for that. Still, the failure rate on the batteries has been high for me, typically gets stuck on because the pressure/vacuum switch gets stuck. Were I you, there are other similarly sized 510 batteries from other manufacturers that should be looked at, and the manual button really isn't that big a deal.

So there are batteries out there that are the size of the Blu ones? Personally, I'm not crazy about the manual button batteries, but if there are automatic batteries, that would be great.

I'm not looking to go crazy with mods, I just want to augment the existing setup so that I can still use the PCC and have whatever replacement batteries and cartos fit in there. Just ordered a bunch of blanks that are supposed to fit the Blu standard battery, so we'll see. If I can get aftermarket replacement batteries that are the same size, then all the better.

zacbandit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
st louis
BLU kits get such a bad rap, but I will say, I started vaping with one, they worked very well for me, and had I not ever tried a more advanced set up, I would still be using them, they are expensive in comparison to more advanced vaping, but cheaper than smoking by far in the state that I live in, and I was always comfortable with the fact that I would not run out as there is 3 walgreens within 10 minutes of me that all sell blu kits and cartos, and roughly 9 gas stations within 5 minutes of me that all carry the cartos, that comfort of them always being there in itself was huge.

PDADoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
BLU kits get such a bad rap, but I will say, I started vaping with one, they worked very well for me, and had I not ever tried a more advanced set up, I would still be using them, they are expensive in comparison to more advanced vaping, but cheaper than smoking by far in the state that I live in, and I was always comfortable with the fact that I would not run out as there is 3 walgreens within 10 minutes of me that all sell blu kits and cartos, and roughly 9 gas stations within 5 minutes of me that all carry the cartos, that comfort of them always being there in itself was huge.

Exactly what drew me to the brand, the convenience of getting refills everywhere. If the battery life were better, I might never have switched. Although I have to say that I don't like the 100% VG very much; I prefer the 60/40 PG/VG balance. I always felt I had to pull too hard on the Blu to get the kick.

Still, they're my break glass in case of emergency product, and there are there 4 CVS stotes, 3 Walgreen's and Dozens of gas stations to get refills from. So say what you will, but no one will ever beat the convenience of Blu products.

Last edited:

zacbandit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
st louis
So there are batteries out there that are the size of the Blu ones? Personally, I'm not crazy about the manual button batteries, but if there are automatic batteries, that would be great.

I'm not looking to go crazy with mods, I just want to augment the existing setup so that I can still use the PCC and have whatever replacement batteries and cartos fit in there. Just ordered a bunch of blanks that are supposed to fit the Blu standard battery, so we'll see. If I can get aftermarket replacement batteries that are the same size, then all the better.

Because you are trying to stay with the size and same type of set up as the blu cigs, just a different / better brand. I strongly suggest the eroll kit. The cartos are refillable like what your looking for. Check into it if you have not heard of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread