1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

The "Genesis" atomizer. Who has made one? Do you like it?

Discussion in 'Atomizer Mods' started by Rothman, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Rothman

Rothman Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't know how I missed this thing but, I found the thread about it today. Looks like a super sweet idea. For those of you that have managed to make one....
    Are they worth the pain of making? How's the wicking with the mesh? Never tastes burnt?!!! that seems like a long shot, is it true? Anyone planning on a tutorial by chance?

I'm really considering trying to make one. Just really wondering what the overall impressions of them are.

TIA

2. Jensb

Jensb Senior Member ECF Veteran

i use them now since months and never want to go back and use a "normal atty"
    Tried ast week one of my plug attys with rope again and this was terrible for me. Yesterday i tried those strange clearomizers and the same thing. i thrown them in trash :)

3. IndustrialAction

IndustrialAction Ultra Member ECF Veteran

They taste great but they are a LOT of work to get right.

4. asdaq

asdaq Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm with Jens all the way. Clearomizers or a CE2 seem like a cute idea now but I don't think I'll probably ever try them. You can get a burnt taste if you never clean it or let the gunk build up. I had to clean my first mesh yesterday as it was clogging in the middle, and now it is back to great. And the work isn't that bad really, I'm outfitting all my brass mods with their own now.

5. jonboyusmc

jonboyusmc Super Member ECF Veteran

I was really hoping for a better feedback on this. I was thinking about building one of these, but with my own variation. I've been keeping an eye on this thread, hoping some more people would chime in.

6. asdaq

Probably because it is already in the Modder's thread quite a lot. There are a couple of negative responses, one as the flavor is too wet and sticky, and one because the TH is too low.

7. Rothman

Rothman Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The only thread I have found is the original that is now incredibly long. There are far too many pages to pick through with very little helpful information that I have found as far as the information that I'm specifically looking for. I'm still unsure of a few things. For example, how does the mesh wick not just leak all of the liquid out when not upright?

8. Jensb

Jensb Senior Member ECF Veteran

sometimes you have to look for the answers. we have a big thread here and everything you want to know is in this

9. asdaq

Raidy's thread too of course. It doesn't leak the same as a wick for an oil lantern doesn't leak, surface tension.

10. Nomoreash

Nomoreash Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just found the main thread yesterday and finished reading it 1st to last post this morning. Yes all 200+ pages. The information your specifically is there as well as many questions answered you probably wouldn't have thought to ask. If your serious about getting one I'd suggest giving it a read and then make a decision. If you still have questions after the read people who've been there and back again are more than willing to help.

11. jonboyusmc

jonboyusmc Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm one of those people that has a VERY hard time tasting juice. I'm also becoming less concerned with TH. I'm definitely going to try to find some time to whittle one of these out of some stainless.

12. KYFlyer67

KYFlyer67 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been using a Genesis variant for a few days now. So far so good. I'm using 325 SS mesh and TH is strong. Absolutely no burnt taste.

13. Scubabatdan

Scubabatdan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just got my 440 SS mesh yesterday. I ordered 2 sheets and got 5! what a deal, anyway I cut out a section and rolled it and added it to my quick change atty I made many moons ago
    Old setup:
    IMAG0269.jpg
    and there is no burnt taste, actually performs better than the silica rope does. Will post a pic tonight of the new setup when I get home.
    Dan

14. Scubabatdan

Here is the quick change atty with the 440SS:
    iPhone.jpg

Dan

15. SurfVortex

SurfVortex Senior Member ECF Veteran

Fabulous!!!! Go Dan Go!!!
    Been rolling this idea around, like mesh,in my head. Still haven't acted on it, but the ideas are great!

16. lexi60

lexi60 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

17. Scubabatdan

18. Scubabatdan

Here is a quick video on 400SS showing how I used it in my atty.

]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.