Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
For "business" reasons is exactly why they should get involved. I don't see the downside.
I believe there are vendors that feel informing their customers might scare them away from making the switch.
The thinking is that if the customer is afraid electronic cigarettes might be taken away, why should they start using them.

I'm sure there will be plenty of vendors that feel this way and won't get involved.
I don't care about them though, I just care about reaching the ones that won't think that way.
:)

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I believe there are vendors that feel informing their customers might scare them away from making the switch.
The thinking is that if the customer is afraid electronic cigarettes might be taken away, why should they start using them.

I'm sure there will be plenty of vendors that feel this way and won't get involved.
I don't care about them though, I just care about reaching the ones that won't think that way.
:)
Yea maybe you have a point or maybe not. I have two B&M's in the state. The customers in the B&M's here, in my observation, have already made the commitment. I believe them to still be newbs, but they are vaping already. I think the customer that may be discouraged and deterred, because the state of the industry, is the one who walks into a convenience store to buy some cigalikes to try. Personally, IMO, once they have committed to buy more advanced equipment (even an ego) they have already made the decision to switch. Sure the concerns among owners are valid to a degree, I think it would be more of an over reaction on their part. I will let it go now, for the sake of not beating a dead horse. Thanks for your take on it! I hope at least some vendors will participate.

Edit: I guess in other parts of the country where there are actually more B&M's, it would be more common for a customer to walk into a vape shop to buy their first e-cig. We just dont have the shops here. This is probably why my opinion differs on this so much.

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
There's reasons why WE think THEY have "skin in the game"
for reasoning why THEY should go high profile with the Political fight thing.

Personally, I'm all in with the suggestion ...
I was just pointing out Vendors see things from a different point of view.
Not that they wouldn't want to do some thing ... but they are running
all the risks ... Blu, the other BT companies with e-cigs as well as Playboy
wield their influence behind the scenes.

I've contacted a couple of vendors ... They are not going to pass out
such material with the sales of their products ...

Proof is in the pudding ....
Everyone contact their marketers and see if they will agree to pass-out
such printed material with sales of e-cigs and supplies.
Let us know.

Last edited:

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
The ones I've talked to around here will, but then we are already facing serious legislation.
If I can help, let me know. When the materials are ready, I will be more than happy to drive down to the B&M's in Jersey and talk to them.

Edit: I'm happy to see that you already have the cooperation of some. Knowing you on the forum, i'm sure you presented the facts!!:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread