RDA The Goon Atty by 528 Customs & Blueeyedgoon83

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Might be nothing, bought a brass Goon about one week ago. Noticed my coils had a rust color and cotton was also discolored but nothing that bad. Was time for a coil cleaning and re-wick today, cotton was a lot worst so I am now concerned. Anyone else having this issue?
Could be your juice, some of my older coil builds get bit of rust on them but nothing a bit of dry burning/water can't fix. I've also heard brass/copper does something to your juice/wicks that makes them turn funky colors. One of the main reasons I've avoided full brass/copper RDA's though I may be wrong.

phanner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
Frederick, MD
Just slapped this hog on my Goon.

24/36 clappy, 22g, 2.5mmID came in at .08 so hitting it on a mech.

Talk about a flavor beasting cloud chucker.
34cc02c4e1596d9c91a60685b5b2ca36.jpg
Seeing this post yesterday, and hearing that I was keeping the flawed inner barrel, I remembered I had this coil I never put in anything that was basically a "practice coil". It was mostly for technique trying, but I figured - why not:

File%20Apr%2013%2C%202%2055%2041%20PM.jpeg

2x26 Ni80 (twisted) framed with 26 Kanthal, wrapped with 34 gauge Ni80. Ohm'd out around .12 I believe.

She is ugly, but she's chuck certified :lol:

Kandem

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2015
Nova Scotia Canada
Just picked up a brass goon from a bnm shop near where I am. I was stoked that they had it because back home in Nova Scotia, I couldn't find it anywhere. Paid $69 plus tax but a 10% military discount came into play. Can't wait to build on this thing. I have the TM v1 and love it, almost bought the TM squared but I saw this and got excited.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
The one thing which has been turning me off is the moving negative post, they did some poor thinking on this part of the design.
How is your neg post moving? Is the neg post attached with the screw on the bottom of the atty. Yes. Poor design. Mine Moves as well. I usually need to put the needle nose on it whike holding yhe srew in place and reposition it after tightening down coils. Without question it is a fiddly build but once it's locked in it is a great vape.

Kandem

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2015
Nova Scotia Canada
I agree to both points. The rotating pin, and the brass. Not only does it turn my wicks black within a day, but also I have set mine aside for a bit and now it is no longer glossy or shiny. It has darkened....like brass patina. I will not use brass polish on it because of the possibility of vaping the residue left behind. I like the whole idea of it with the bridged clamps and all, as well as the room to build. However, I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I've gone back to my TM v1 Rda. Kind of wish I waited....almost a waste of money. I won't ever buy a brass rda again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread