Status
Not open for further replies.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I decided against the water and faffed around with a q-tip and sticking my little finger on cloth down in there to clean the contact point.

My plastic wont budge - up down or around and at least I can clean the outer brass. Im afraid if it dont come out - water will get between it and the brass and I will have a worse mess.

Hooligan80

Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Yucaipa,CA,USA
To remove the inner delrin sleeve on the brass contact tube, remove the top outer delrin ring, then, with your finger, spin the inner delrin sleeve around inside the tube. Eventually it will loosen up and the delrin sleeve will come out. As for the engravings, your initial review was off on the inspiration for the Hammer by Kato. The Hammer mod is actually inspired by Norse mythology and the hammer of Thor (The god of Thunder) which is named Mjolnir, and is depicted by the Norse style engravings of Mjolnir on each side. Here is a traditional Norse representation of Mjolnir:
|
File:A_thorshammer_mj%C3%B6lnir_be22.jpg

Now, this is further reinforced by the engraving on the top cap which is where the 510 connection is located, which the engravings depict a traditional Norse compass. The firing button also sports Norse magic sigil design. The sigile in question was used to find the right words at the right moment, representing a magical spell. The overall shape resembles Thor's Mjolnir hammer in general shape

Mark Todd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2012
    Fife, Scotland
    www.toddsreviews.com
    As for the engravings, your initial review was off on the inspiration for the Hammer by Kato.

In my review I was referring to the engravings being inspired by a hammer head, I've seen it mentioned on a couple of forums now hence the fact I mentioned it :)

I'm aware of the origins of the hammer, been chasing one by stiff for ages now :(

Thanks though, didn't know about the design on the button :)

dspin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 2, 2010
    USA
    To remove the inner delrin sleeve on the brass contact tube, remove the top outer delrin ring, then, with your finger, spin the inner delrin sleeve around inside the tube. Eventually it will loosen up and the delrin sleeve will come out.

Thanks Hool, but that sleeve will not move even the slightest, tried pocket - tried hairdryer. It will not move up or spin even a hairs breadth. Seems like its glued in there, but since thats not the case, it was probably a tad big and now it is locked in there forever

Hooligan80

Verified Member
    Sep 10, 2013
    Yucaipa,CA,USA
    In my review I was referring to the engravings being inspired by a hammer head, I've seen it mentioned on a couple of forums now hence the fact I mentioned it :)

I'm aware of the origins of the hammer, been chasing one by stiff for ages now :(

I talk to Kato and his manager frequently. I also own a Hammer. So my information on the inspiration is straight from the source. There will be a Hammer V2 coming out this year, which will have some slight changes.

Last edited:

dspin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 2, 2010
    USA

thats ok Todd, I said the same thing too. I had researched it best I could before posting, On Vaperev and other places they were all quoting Roy Lee

""The most noticeable are the 2 on the sides and they look like some sort of Celtic cross, but Roy, from UVO Systems, had this to say in regards to the side engravings, “the engravings can be a misconception of a Gaelic or Celtic cross, but the art actually draws inspiration from a hammer head shark; the design is purely coincidental.""

I had a couple pms from Kato on the Wall about the review and pics, but he never said anything about engraving error or I would have edited it. He just told me how much he liked it.

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2013
    Saco,ME,USA
    I talk to Kato and his manager frequently. I also own a Hammer. So my information on the inspiration is straight from the source. There will be a Hammer V2 coming out this year, which will have some slight changes.

Aahhh... Very interesting about the V2. Have been on the fence about ordering one for days. It just bugs me that the battery is not oriented horizontally so you could use the whole range of battery sizes without loosing the hammer look. Let's face it, the thing would look much better even though it would resemble sledge hammer with a 18650 in it. Think I am going to wait to see what changes the V2 has.

Hooligan80

Verified Member
    Sep 10, 2013
    Yucaipa,CA,USA
    Aahhh... Very interesting about the V2. Have been on the fence about ordering one for days. It just bugs me that the battery is not oriented horizontally so you could use the whole range of battery sizes without loosing the hammer look. Let's face it, the thing would look much better even though it would resemble sledge hammer with a 18650 in it. Think I am going to wait to see what changes the V2 has.

It will probably be the same overall design. It was meant to be used for casual vaping, not for cloud chasing.

Obi Wan Vapori

ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2013
    Saco,ME,USA
    It will probably be the same overall design. It was meant to be used for casual vaping, not for cloud chasing.

Not so much cloud chasing as it seems to me that Kato has one and possibly only user configurable mech mod 95% designed in the hammer. You can run it as a pipe, add the extensions to the top with the button on it. I don't know but guess you could put the extensions on the bottom also. A little tweaking and it could run the extensions on the atty side... and... run the atty on the top with the button on the side and you would have a very cool steam punk kind of rig. Don't think there is anything out there that I know of that could come close to that kind of interchangeably.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread