Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Ok, I tried them at 0.25%. The BD is good but still a bit strong. I still think the RY4 is strong but I like it better than the RY1 which also is too strong. The trouble is I do the drop method and this batch is in 12ml at 1 drop, in order to make it weaker I will have to add more base. You need to know I only vape 1 ml a day so I do not want to make more of something that is not a favorite flavor. I will vape the BD more to decide what to do.:unsure: Being a supertaster is NOT fun.:(

Since you are mixing at such low percentages, you will first need to dilute your concentrate with pg before you start mixing. Use that as your new concentrate so your sample won't be too large. I usually make 3ml +/- samples at 2% but yours will be nearly 10 ml unless you diluted your concentrate.

Last edited:

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
The trouble is I do the drop method and this batch is in 12ml at 1 drop, in order to make it weaker I will have to add more base.
I have several flavorings that are to strong also.
What I do, is pour some of the flavoring (about 2ml), into another bottle, and add an equal amount of PG, or you could use VG. The goal is to dilute the flavoring 50/50.
It makes it a lot easier to work with.
You could dilute it even more, but 50/50 works for me.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Let's see, if you were mixing at 1%, your sample would be 1 drop in 5 ml. But if you were mixing at .25%, your sample would be 1 drop in 20 ml. Even if you dilute your concentrate by half, at .25% your sample would be 1 drop in 10 ml; still too large a sample. Therefore for a 5 ml sample, you will need to dilute the concentrate further than 50%, probably down to 25%. All of this assuming 20 drops per ml, not a good assumption. The first thing to do is to measure exactly how many drops in 1 ml.

Last edited:

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
Ok I rebottle any flavorings that do not have the size tip I like so they all are at 33 per ml. I make both my nic base and non nic base then take out how much I plan to make into a juice - then add flavorings so I do not do my PG,VG, or Nic using drops.:pI ended up with that 1 drop in a 30ml base. I like the BD Tobacco only thing I want to tone down is it has a sour note - any ideas? I added 3 drops of TFA Smooth to see if that will work and I do not notice a difference. I don't have any experience using it so am leery of using too much. Thank You all for your help.:D By the way if I do use this flavoring again I will make up a dilution mix.:thumb:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Try adding 2 - 3 drops per 10 ml or 1 - 1.5% EM then let it sit about a week. If there is a pungent taste this should help make it fade. It's a known fact that using to much EM makes flavors fade but in this case this may be exactly what you want it to do.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
Thank You so much dannyv45 - what is too funny is EM is what I thought of but someone in the IRC room said Smooth, so I tried that first. Will retaste on 5/11/15.:vapor: JeremyR I do like this flavor on the inhale it is on the exhale that it tastes sour to me otherwise it is a slightly sweet tobacco, which is just my kind.:thumbs:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Smooth has a similure effect. It is used when blending several tobacco flavors together so one flavor doesn't dominate the others. But it does have a muting effect on weaker flavors. But it does try to compensate for that with it's own tobacco taste. Some found that tobacco taste unpleasent or a detraction from the taste they were trying to accomplish.

Reactions: Dixie1954

Manga

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2015
I just brought these Hangsen aromas:
Cream
Espresso
Lemonade
Menthol
Mocha
Pineapple
Red Cola
Watermelon

And im wondering where in UK or EU i can buy more aromas from Hangsen?
Also how many % you recommend for each of my flavors?
Have any1 tried those flavors? Share your thoughts, looking for recomendations.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I find Hangsen flavors are good at 6-8% and a week of steeping. Red Cola is good as a stand alone but mix it 40 cola/ 60 tobac with a mild tobacco like highway or desert ship, it'll pop the cola flavoring out. It also could work with other hangsen flavors but I lean more to tobacco vapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread